• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

The first time trying to use my Dragalge in poke-amie. I mean how do you even pet that thing? You can hardly tell its expression and it barely has a body.

I find it quite awkward how when a Pokemon uses Self-Destruct it inflicts damage on your/the opposing Pokemon before the Pokemon faints.

It's quite comical fighting an Electrode with that smug smile on its face. It does the self-destruct animation, but goes back to that normal smiling face while it inflicts damage on my Pokemon, and then five seconds later all of the sudden it's like "Oh crap! I self-destructed myself didn't I?", and does the fainting animation. xD

When I ran into this trainer....this is exactly what I was thinking....
tauros.jpg

Golurk's battle animation for Fly. Seriously, the big lug hops into the air and then belly-flops onto the opponent. The first time I saw it, I cracked up laughing. But it made me love my Titan even more.

I had a silly moment for myself recently. I saw a Cascoon (first time seeing it) and thought "Oh God a snake" because of the close up it had. Then I realized it was a Cascoon and I wanted to hit myself for thinking it was a snake.

The name of the Holo Caster... I can't help it but everytime I see it somewhere, I think of the word Holocaust, especially because the Holo Caster was made by someone who almost caused a Holocaust himself.....

Talonflame used Me First! Talonflame Used Self-Destruct! *boom*

The wild Graveler used Self-Destruct! *boom*

. . . .
Not to be outdone, on Victory Road it happened again . . . with Explosion.

Maybe it's time I took it out of Talonflame's moveset....

Another slightly awkward moment is the Fairy Tale Girl trainer who greets you with "Want to see the scary side of the Fairy type?" -- then sends out an Aromatisse.

I was in a Friend Safari and a Cascoon managed to scare the hell out of me with its dramatic closeup and giant red eyes. Plus the fact that it doesn't have the silk-string-whatever things coming out of its body anymore like it did back in gen 3, and I don't know if it's a new design or what, but I wasn't used to seeing it. I almost dropped my DS in shock because of how /big/ the closeup of it made.

Even worse, this happened twice in a row. -_-

That guy in the photo cafe at Lumiose City.

What do you like the most?
Long
Short
-What?

-Im gonna honestly say that it wasn't a camera focus I was thinking on.

Another one.

A guy challenged me to an online battle. I saw his team. He was very early in is game. He probably saw mine(I had level 50+). The battle started. I selected a move. I waited and waited. He didn't do anything. Akward silence. After 5 minutes, with him doing nothing, he cancelled the battle. What the?

A guy in a South Boulevard building said 'Don't sneak up on me! I might fall in love with you!'. I was playing as a dude.

And at Restraunt Le Nah, a guy's saying 'Just two guys having food. Nothing wrong!' Or something.

It's yaoi o' clock!

...Not to mention the fact that I was in a cafe somewhere in Luminose city and there was some random waiter guy who said that he wanted to work with a handsome manager.

I can't forget what I was doing at the time but one of my acquaintances challenged me to a battle. I'm pretty unprepared (I haven't built a team yet and two of my pokemon were for HMs) but I figured, what the heck?
I went ahead and fought him. His team is like, 80% legendaries with a couple of the tougher pokemon to boot. Move after move, he keeps making mistakes and I keep creaming him. Poor guy...
It was shocking when I was at it, but the playback was hilarious. It's my one saved video. It holds a special place in my heart.

Being forced to eat slowpoketail at cafe le yeah.... Gold version has trained me well.

Mareep horde battle, accidentally ending them all and not even realizing one was shiny until it fainted. I kick myself every time I remember it. :c

Well, since I'm playing as a girl, Shauna and the fireworks was a liiiittle...awkward. >.>

One of those intimate, non-gay moments...happens to all of us...

So if you play as a girl what does she say?? "I've never seen fireworks with a girl alone before ??" I always thought that tierno replaced shauna in all of those scenes !

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom