• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

So I was building quite a nice winning streak on random wifi battles, having beaten my way through countless Garchomps, Volcoronas, Aegislash and Mega Blazikens. Then my streak was utterly broken by a Vivillon, who completely swept my team.

I laughed it off as a one off sort of thing, since the guy deserved props for using it after all. But just as I was starting to build another win streak another Vivillon trainer showed up and it happened again. I am living in perpetual fear that the next trainer I face will have a happy, smiling murder butterfly on their team.

Pokemon #666 indeed.

After defeating something in a double battle, patted one Pokemon on the head when it the other had done all the work.

Patted a Pokemon on the head after a Electrode exploded at it. It hadn't even had a chance to move.

Mr Bonding...it was weirder when you'd see him standing there facing the corner of the Pokemon Center...what was he doing?

So I was building quite a nice winning streak on random wifi battles, having beaten my way through countless Garchomps, Volcoronas, Aegislash and Mega Blazikens. Then my streak was utterly broken by a Vivillon, who completely swept my team.

I laughed it off as a one off sort of thing, since the guy deserved props for using it after all. But just as I was starting to build another win streak another Vivillon trainer showed up and it happened again. I am living in perpetual fear that the next trainer I face will have a happy, smiling murder butterfly on their team.

Pokemon #666 indeed.

Guess who has a happy smiling murder butterfly? ;)

Also, I second Mr. Bonding for awkwardness. Ohgods, why.

Well, it's a cow...I would expect nothing else. Cow udders work the same irl as well.

The most awkward moment for me was when I spoke with a normal guy and he said: "I nicknamed my Pokémon Sepultura!", that, at least in portuguese, means "grave".

What about when Sycamore says at the sundial something like: 'You must be tired from all that running around Kalos. Oh thats right! I'm the one making you do that, terribly sorry.'

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom