• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Awkward X and Y moments

When I first started playing I decided to try a random online battle. For some reason I thought all pokemon would be made lvl.50 for the battle so you can imagine my dissapointment when I found the opponents lowest was lvl.50 while my highest was lvl.16. The opponent was kind enough to not use the yveltal, zygarde and mewtwo he had on his team but when my last pokemon was a lvl.15 fletchling and he was still using the lvl.50 talonflame that he opened with I figured not using legendaries was not much of a handicap.

I just hatched a Purrloin, and it stands on its hind legs in Pokemon X and Y! I didn't think it could even do that.

When I first started playing I decided to try a random online battle. For some reason I thought all pokemon would be made lvl.50 for the battle so you can imagine my dissapointment when I found the opponents lowest was lvl.50 while my highest was lvl.16. The opponent was kind enough to not use the yveltal, zygarde and mewtwo he had on his team but when my last pokemon was a lvl.15 fletchling and he was still using the lvl.50 talonflame that he opened with I figured not using legendaries was not much of a handicap.
in normal battle they're all 50 but in flat battle only level 50 and over are level 50

I'm pretty impressed that none of you guys commented about the weirdness of Az (don't read if you didn't find him in the game)! I mean... he's a giant person!! It's a person in a normal Pokemon World, where people is normal sized everywhere... Why is he giant!?!? People were giants in ancient Pokemon World history!? WTF!? For me, he's an alien who travelled to the Pokemon World to rule them all, just like that alien long skulls found in real life may mean to in real life or Xerxes played by Rodrigo Santoro in the 300 movie ;D... It's the only answer that fits to me! It's the kind of thing that GF won't explain to you. They just decided it was going to be that way... The reason doesn't matter. In fact, I didn't like that at all. Too awkward to me! I think that Pokemon is a game that is so peaceful and kind when you are playing that you feel really inside it! You forget about the real world when you are playing it. But when I saw this giant thing I was like... woken up! ;D I don't know what to say, but, I just think this giant thing should not exist. Az should be normal sized! ;D

Lysandre outfit in his last battle was pretty awkward too! Dr. Octopus!? ;D Woken up again... ;D

I got to enter in an similar awkward horde as this Serviper/Zangooze! But it was of Durants and a Heatmor. Durants kept attacking Heatmor till he's downed and I was like: WTF!? FIGHT ME! LEAVE HIM ALONE!! I want to capture it! (It was like my first battle against a Heatmor in that area, so I thought Heatmor would be rare there...) ;D It was very fun!

Last edited:
I just hatched a Purrloin, and it stands on its hind legs in Pokemon X and Y! I didn't think it could even do that.

Yeah I was just told about this and thought it was crazy, but it did it in the anime supposedly, so it may have been intended from the beginning.

Yeah I was just told about this and thought it was crazy, but it did it in the anime supposedly, so it may have been intended from the beginning.

Purrloin is depicted on its hind legs in the anime, manga, and some cards, so it's actually pretty much bipedal.

I found a shiny Mothim while walking through some tall grass and I caught it. It's ruby red wings were beautiful!

Then I woke up.

I find pokemon-amie with honedge is...odd. It doesn't have a mouth, how is it eating those puffs?!?
You should see Golett in Pokemon-Amie. The little guy just attacks the puffs...and there is no mouth on that little blank face that I can see. Hidden intake valve, maybe? :confused:

So there's a maid in one of the hotels who wants to trade with you. This Pokemon came all the way from Sinnoh and Mr. Backlot's garden, it seems. So for the heck of it, I trade. When I see the nickname, I'm thinking, "Great, another stupid male Eevee. I didn't need one of those!" Then I take a look at it in my PC.

Who in Prime's name calls a freaking female anything STEVIE?!
I found a shiny Mothim while walking through some tall grass and I caught it. It's ruby red wings were beautiful!

Then I woke up.
Been there, done that. Only it was an Adamant Golurk in a Friend Safari that was perfect in Attack and had its Hidden Ability. Those yellow-green eyes were so soulful...

*cue the alarm screaming* :banghead:

This happened a while ago, but I was breeding Froakie, and after I finished I Wonder Traded all the extras away. Like, a week later, I got a Froakie from Wonder Trade.

For some reason I decided to check its summary--possibly because the game gave me the "welcome back, X!" message instead of the "take good care of X!"--and sure enough, it was one of the ones I traded away.

Oh, and Xerneas not having a mouth. No wonder I prefer the fluffy, adorable engine of destruction Yveltal. Which, by the way, is such a fucking cutie in Amie.

This chick in the Battle Maison was like: "Meow, Meow, Can I haz battle meow?"

And I was like:...Hello? @~@

Edit: Just caught a Klang in the Friend Safari...and read its Dex entry...

"A minigear and big gear comprise its body. If the minigear it launches at a foe doesn't return, it will die."

it will die

WHY GAME?! DX

Last edited:
You should see Golett in Pokemon-Amie. The little guy just attacks the puffs...and there is no mouth on that little blank face that I can see. Hidden intake valve, maybe? :confused:

So there's a maid in one of the hotels who wants to trade with you. This Pokemon came all the way from Sinnoh and Mr. Backlot's garden, it seems. So for the heck of it, I trade. When I see the nickname, I'm thinking, "Great, another stupid male Eevee. I didn't need one of those!" Then I take a look at it in my PC.

Who in Prime's name calls a freaking female anything STEVIE?!

For girls, it's short for Stephanie. And there is at least one famous female Stevie, and here's a few lines from one of the songs she sang:

"Just like the white-winged dove
Sings a song just like she's singing
Say ooh, say ooh, say ooh"

I was training on Route 15, and suddenly a trainer that I missed earlier popped out of the leaves and said "Got you good, didn't I?" I have to admit, he actually did get me for once!

Umm...that android maid in the Battle Chateau was hilariously awkward-positive. ("EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! ABORT MISSION IMMEDIATELY!" "I was created solely to do battle...")

What was awkward-negative was battling Serena. I felt like I was that jerkass Blue "Douche" Oak to her... Seriously can I lose to her once and go on with my life, as would be the case with Pokémon trainers in the anime/manga? It's not like she's Empress Evulz...

Awkward moments:
-Wanting to have a team of only new Pokémon, then realising there are none
-Completing the game and thinking there'd be content afterwards
-Finding out there was a story present before Geosenge Town exploded

Awkward moments:
-Wanting to have a team of only new Pokémon, then realising there are none
-Completing the game and thinking there'd be content afterwards
-Finding out there was a story present before Geosenge Town exploded

The complaining thread is down that way :p

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom