• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

B/W glitch?

Typhoon

drowning sea beasts
Reaction score
Earlier today I went to catch Virizion, I used will-o-wisp to burn it
Virizion took no damage from the burn
Later in the day (after turning it off after capturing said pokemon and saving I took on team plasma in relic castle, after a few floors
When I tried to use an attack it went to a description screen for the attack but never used the attack
Once again I turned it off and on again later and continued to play this time when I battled
My pokemons pp didn't decrease after using a move
So far these fallacies have been minor and temporary (with the exception of Virizion being burned as I haven't gone and gotten it burned again)
I don't know what to do about this and appreciate any and all advice as to how I get these minor glitches to stop thank you

I had glitches similar to those, I had the description one and when I taught my pokemon Waterfall, I went into battle, having not used the move before, it only had 4 pp left. Odd little minor ones, but I've had no trouble as of then

...when I taught my pokemon Waterfall, I went into battle, having not used the move before, it only had 4 pp left.
Well, thats not a glitch. When you teach a Pokemon a new move, it takes on the remaining PP of the move it replaced. GF implemented this to stop people using the reusable TMs to replenish PP between battles.

The other problems though...not a clue. I havnt had any issues with my game thus far.

When I tried to use an attack it went to a description screen for the attack but never used the attack

Were you holding down the L button at the same time you pressed A? That happens when you do that.

having not used the move before, it only had 4 pp left.

When teaching a TM/HM it takes the current PP of the move forgotten.

So you cant keep going like...
Earthquake's outta PP, use TM and restore, outta PP again, use TM and restore etc...

Were you holding down the L button at the same time you pressed A? That happens when you do that.

I didn't know you could do that haha
And it is quite possible my ds was in a rather restricting case I normally don't use. I suppose I'll leave the case unused.
Thank you-Mijumaru

Did you film it?

I did but only the in battle attack to description one, which I believe someone already helped me with

And to those commenting on the PP comment, I didn't use a TM or anything like that, I was in a battle and my pokemon would use an attack, let's say crunch, which had 15/15, but after I used said attack the PP remained at 15/15 instead of decreasing to 14/15

Last edited:
do you remember what attack your opponent used before you tried to attack?

do you remember what attack your opponent used before you tried to attack?

Not with virizion, but I remember the time when the PP didnt decrease a pokemon used embargo on my pokemon

I've had this happen but don't recall the exact circumstances. Pretty sure it was in a double battle. I was able to get to attack eventually though, backed out of it somehow but I don't remember since it was several days ago.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom