• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

B/W Rate my Team

dragonheart97

Reaction score
Hey guys
Not sure where this topic would fit in the forums but just bare with me!

My triple battle Pokemon team :thumbup:

(First three)
Weavile
EV'S: 252 spd, 252 attack, 4 sp defense
Item: Focus sash
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
Moveset: Protect, Brick break, Icy wind, Beat up

(Weavile uses beat up on terrkion to maximize attack stat)
Terrakion
EV'S: 252 spd, 252 attack, 4 defense
Item: Razor Fang
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Justified
Moveset: Protect, Earthquake, Rockslide, Sacred sword

Mienshao
EV'S: 252 spd, 252 attack, 4 sp defense
Item: Lax Incense
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Inner focus
Moveset: Quick guard, Wide guard, Fake out, Jump kick
(Basically mienshao defends Weavile and Terrakion)

(Next three)
Salamence from HG
EV'S: 252 spd, 252 attack, 4 defense
Item: Yache Berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset: Draco Meteor, Heat wave, Aqua tail, Tailwind

(traded)Typhlosion
EV'S: 252 Spd, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 sp. Def
Item:Fire gem/shuca berry
Nature: Mild
Ability: Blaze
Moveset: Eruption, Fire blast, Double-Edge, Wild charge

Yanmega
EV'S: 252 spd, 252 sp.atk
Item: Life orb
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Speed boost
Moveset: Bug buzz, Hypnosis, Psychic, Protect

My team is all about speed. When it comes to versing another team that pulls off trick room, I'm done. But let me know what you think! I've been working on these guys for a long time so hopefully I'll hear some nice things about them!

Last edited:
Perhaps you should run taunt on Weavile to stop Trick Room. Also, if Weavile isnt used for attacking as much as powering up terakion, I would use Sneasel, since it has inner focus and can do it even after a fake out. Not to mention it will do slightly less damage to your pokemon.

Why use lax insense on a pokemon with max speed?
Why use razor fang instead of something to boost the power (Choice band? you will probably be spamming rock slide and let the others handle other foes, so thats an idea. Wide lens to avoid RS miss? Life orb? etc)
Why run Max attack on a Mence with 2 special moves? Or maybe its the other way around.
Why run hardy nature on yanmegna?
Why run mixed typhlosion?

You need to get your team straightened out. I like the beat up idea, but there are too many random occurrences without explanation.

I never used any of these except Yanmega and Typhlosion but I used Typhlosion on almost every of my teams,so I would set Typhlosion's moveset to:Eruption,Sunny Day,Solarbeam,Focus Blast.

Eruption is for sweeping,Sunny Day to boost Eruption and charge Solarbeam which takes out water/ground/rock walls and Focus Blast for quick type coverage.

Actually, I saw te beat up idea...maybe replace Weavile with Whimsicott? That way, you won't get outsped.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom