• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Baby Names

My boyfriend is Korean (like, born and raised) and they have like a super-complicated naming system for children based on like previous generations' names in the family and around the time they're going to be born and all sorts of complicated things so our kids' names are going to have to wait until we actually settle down to have them :p (I honestly haven't looked into all of the naming stuff yet cause it's still all so far away right now anyway)

However, while Koreans don't generally have middle names I still want them to have latin middle names so they don't lose that part of their heritage (we'll be raising our kids in Korea). So middle name for our son will be Guillermo (Memo) and for our daughter Maria Angela. And if we don't end up with one of each I guess I'll just figure it out later. ^^;;

Gary or some version of it that is suitable where I live. I know a few names for both boys and girls which could be shortened to Gary.

For girls: Olivia, Sophie, Lily or Róisín (this last one is an Irish name too. Means Rose or something like it as far as I know)

For boys: Alex, Matthew or Dylan

Children, eh? I'll definitely have them, since it's a part of my "ideal" picture. But only boys! Girls are just... so hard to manage.

Boys:
Finn
Jake
Joshua
Jacob
Elliot

I'd like to give my children religious names, like me. =P For a girl, maybe Octavia or Cory.

If I have a girl, I would name her Melody, and if I have a boy, then Peter or Giovanni or Something, I don't really know.

You know, for some reason, I also really love Izzy for a girl? I don't know why, but as a boy's name I'm just "meh," but for a girl I think "That's adorable, unique, and it has character!"
I know an Isabelle who goes by Izzy for short.

I don't have a girlfriend at the moment (almost 32 and single is not funny people). But I have some baby names for I and my future partner have children.

Boys

Matthew
Peter
Adrian

Girls
Rena
Linda
Lina
Mikkayla

All I know is that I want to name my daughter Betty after my late grandmother who I was never able to meet. And quite possibly adding on a middle name (like Betty-Ann) because I like names like that.

Not 100% sure about a son, though I've considered Gabriel (after the Archangel) along with a few other biblical names.

Names I'd consider for future kids:

Boys: Tahir, Mustafa, Qasim, Faris, Harun, Safi, Yaqub, Karim
Girls: Fatima, Zainab, Karima, Nazli, Zaida, Azra, Halima, Rayhana

Obviously I wouldn't use all of those since I only want two kids. All the names I listed are Arabic names.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom