• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Back to Basics! Endgame(28/6/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Back to Basics! Day 1(16/6/2015)

First of all, I think I got a bit extra-angry on jackatlasred’s last post. You might be a new player and don’t yet understand how flawed “I claim I am town” is, same goes for “trust me and claim to me”. But still, in between your first post on The_Pikachu and this one, you are the best option for my vote for now, so it stays.
No, I don't really remember that, I mostly remember the Cop outing Day 1 for no reason. There's still plenty of time left anyway, this phase is 48 hours right?
Yeah, this has also happened. Although it was because they were either targeted for a lynch or they just were extremely new players. Indeed there is.
I'm thinking our latest discussions haven't really been going anywhere. @CrackFox; Hey what's up? @Seppe; You liked a post of mine but I don't recall you posting, got anything to say?
Good points. Any thoughts on jackatlasred?

I'm thinking Jack's post is super iffy.

"That wouldn't be smart at all mafia"? Assuming you're town, they already know that O-o

And if we go by either plan, the cop is gonna check the doc counterclaim, so we know which doctor is real. The only way this wouldn't work would be if someone town counter claimed as doc, which would be horribly counterproductive.

And this method you have to identify mafia really easily... That just makes me think you're a rookie cop trying to play the absolute absurdity card, but mafia already knows you're town, again, so you're just attracting attention to yourself.

VOTE:Flopjack
Let the games begin!!!
R00D
Vote: Flopjack. Look at those shifty eyes.
Hmm...

Sorry I haven't posted, I was asleep and then I had school so I've literally just read the thread.
I don't like the idea of any of these claim scenarios. Best case scenario, we get an open cop. More likely, we get a scum counterclaim that leads to a stalemate and a 50% chance of a doc nightkill. Worst case, we lynch the cop. It's too risky and an easier alternative for everyone would be for the cop to slowly build an alliance with their checks and only claim themselves if they get a scumcheck n1. After that, they can use cleared townies to help them out any scum claims.
I would like my voters to rectify this flopwagon please. It's too serious for joke votes now :)

As for reads, I don't know what to make of most people right now, but HD and Zexy both seem to be town. I will vote when I work out who I think is the most scummy.

Edit: wow, quadruple ninja'd.
The problem I have with jack is that he is always scummy, so I don't want to jump to conclusions. Last game I played he was scummy as hell, but turned out to be town.

ta.
I'll have to go with my gut right now, 'cos I haven't got anything. Let me read through for a third time.
Floppy is useless at scumhunting d1, yes

Wait where did I say I got scummy vibes from jackatlasred? I remember the least of what I've said about him and it was over midnight. I only remember giving a read on The_Pikachu, Zexy and Tyler.
You said that Tyler’s post concering The_Pikachu was far more proTown than jackatlasred just mentioning it. It wasn’t a read, just a little more evidence that led me to voting him.
I'm very careful when it comes to jackatlasred, since I find him very hard to understand and so I get confused and don't know if it's him just not being knowledgeable, making a genuine mistake or just really being scummy. I'd like to know what he thinks about me now though, he still has his vote on me so I'd like to know why he hasn't mentioned it despite all the posts I've made(not saying he should think I'm Town or whatever, just that I want to see if his read changed in any way.).
I see, I had no clue of what was the case with jackatlasred. I am afraid that I put my vote on such a player, like many people who have done the same mistake in the past. But on the other hand, I just got a really scummy feeling from this “I claim I am town, so you all should just claim to me” thing. Who knows, he might be a perfect choice for a cop-confirmed dummy instead. Still, I don’t want to vote-unvote it all the time, so I’m keeping it for the reactions.
Vote for me if you'd like @Zexy; but this won't get us anywhere, just saying.
This, for example, is not a good defense, don’t you think?

... now please, give me some time to reply to the rest of the posts.

OK so we have a fake doctor claim, we wait until we know who the real doctor is, or do we lynch someone right off the bat? Of course at first it wont hurt us, having other people be killed, but our PR are just safe. Then we realize we have a problem, who is the real doctor?
We don't have any doctor claims, and why are you bringing it up if we don't have any doctor claims?

My proposal is this, which many people have already said. We wait till a mafia hit from the cop, then he outs, Of course there will be counter claims, but I have a way to identify mafia real easily so I can tell who's the real one. we get the person who he said lynched, If it was a mislynch then that cop dies the next day. I say this strategy gets stronger the more days pass, since we have people that can say they back someone up, leaving the mafia trying to some up with the same number, having said a lie we know some mafia members are in that group, (Not all since mafia could be smart).
You're expecting us to trust you and your way of identifying mafia easily when A. we don't know what your method is and B. we don't even have proof that you are town.

I proposed a second option in the case that I die between there and now. For this plan to work you guys have to believe I'm town, as such I claim to be town right now, even if it means being killed day 1 (which would not be smart mafia) others that might die Tyler, HD, and zexy.
What second option? Where is the first option?

Well @HumanDawn; a lynch here would be beneficial to us, whether you're mafia or not. Also I kind of don't fell threatened by you so much now, just waiting to see if anyone just throws themselves on the let's lynch Jack bandwagon, he made a mistake.
Implying that you would like to get yourself lynched? Or that you would like to get Human lynched? I’m confused. If they jump on the bandwagon, will you vote them?

"That wouldn't be smart at all mafia"? Assuming you're town, they already know that O-o
There is always the chance he is just a new player, but I can’t agree more.

And if we go by either plan, the cop is gonna check the doc counterclaim, so we know which doctor is real. The only way this wouldn't work would be if someone town counter claimed as doc, which would be horribly counterproductive.
Wait… no… the thing is that a mafioso can counterclaim the cop leading to further confusion. That would indeed be counterproductive and I hope no townie does this…

And this method you have to identify mafia really easily... That just makes me think you're a rookie cop trying to play the absolute absurdity card, but mafia already knows you're town, again, so you're just attracting attention to yourself.
I also got cop vibes from him, initially… but I get more mafia vibes. And, yeah, the great method to identify mafia may be… that he is mafia and knows his buddies xP It would be really bad if he is the cop.
I would like my voters to rectify this flopwagon please. It's too serious for joke votes now :)
Is it an entire wagon? I don't remember if it is, like, 2 votes, but I don't call 2 votes a wagon.
Edit: wow, quadruple ninja'd.
The problem I have with jack is that he is always scummy, so I don't want to jump to conclusions. Last game I played he was scummy as hell, but turned out to be town.
I know that feel.
I see. Given the situation, and the fact that he may be the cop...
UNVOTE: jackatlasred

Well @HumanDawn; a lynch here would be beneficial to us, whether you're mafia or not. Also I kind of don't fell threatened by you so much now, just waiting to see if anyone just throws themselves on the let's lynch Jack bandwagon, he made a mistake.

I agree that a mislynch has its benefits and isn't full of downsides, but I'd rather that mislynch be done through some good form of logical means instead for the sake of it...

Okay, I'm gonna be honest here: there was a lot of text and not a lot of motivation to read through it all.

I skimmed it, and, though I plan to go back later and read through it all, what I think I'm seeing is that we can try for a risky play, leaving us prone to counterclaims by Mafia, or wait for the Cop/Doctor to make a decision and perhaps an alliance, but being prone to waiting too long twiddling our thumbs and getting picked off.

At this point, I don't know which the best decision would be. I definitely don't want to pressure the power roles into doing something bold that they don't want, but I also don't want them to do nothing quickly and leave us high and dry.

On specific players, I'm going to say I never understood HD in either game I was in with him. He made some really weird (and seemingly illogical or contradictory) claims/plays sometimes. Not sure at this point.

I honestly think Jack is Town. He has a bad habit of saying pretty alienating things through nubiness or miscommunication or w/e. However, it seems like he's putting in an honest effort.

Alright, diving back into that sea of text. Wish me luck.

Still, a mislynch is not what we should aim for, we can only afford 3 while the mafia are 4. It must secure a good amount of info for the mislynch to be worth it.
On specific players, I'm going to say I never understood HD in either game I was in with him. He made some really weird (and seemingly illogical or contradictory) claims/plays sometimes. Not sure at this point.
I get it. You just don’t want him to be mafia when you’re town, trust me…
Oh, and good luck xD

I'm just trying to make the game interesting, we might have some rookie mafia, making them want to vote for me, which would get them nothing. Also I'm not the cop.

I'm just trying to make the game interesting, we might have some rookie mafia, making them want to vote for me, which would get them nothing. Also I'm not the cop.
If you're not the cop, what's your method? And if you can find mafia so easily why don't you tell us who the mafia are?

I do everything with logic in mind, maybe it's so complex you just can't comprehend it.

I get it. You just don’t want him to be mafia when you’re town, trust me…

You should see what I did in Post Restriction Mafia to the Town alliance I was in. It's one of my best Mafia victories.

Anyway, @TylerM; what do you have to say to what I said before? @Sword Master; Got any plans?

Banking on someone being inexperienced (especially in a game like mafia where the roles are randomised, so you have no clue how experienced/inexperienced the mafia even seem to be) is a very bad strategy. You dunno how good they are or how much they've studied. Besides, mentioning it makes it completely moot and simply adds to your scummy vibe and wastes the town's time.

Anyway, @TylerM; what do you have to say to what I said before?
I agree that a mislynch has its benefits and isn't full of downsides, but I'd rather that mislynch be done through some good form of logical means instead for the sake of it...
If we are going to lynch someone, I'd honestly prefer to lynch someone who is inactive and isn't going to contribute, plus we have a small chance they may be mafia.

Ιf we are going to lynch someone, I'd honestly prefer to lynch someone who is inactive and isn't going to contribute, plus we have a small chance they may be mafia.
Οh no, this "lynch inactives or actives?" debate was a thing even 1,5 years ago... The problem with lynching inactives is that you can't deduce many things out of the lynchee's posts, since they didn't have many posts, despite knowing their allignment. The problem with lynching actives is that with many inactives around the mafia can do its stuff more easily, plus we want people who contribute. I'm not sure if there is one answer to this entire debate. Oh, and the chance of hitting mafia is kinda the same. From past experience, all mafia teams have both people who contribute a lot and those who don't.

I wouldn't want to lynch an inactive. I prefer to wait for them to post more or get subbed.
HD is mafia until proven town by default for me ;-)

I didn't realise the game had started already xD

Ok, caught up and my thoughts are as follows;

First of all I disagree that we should come up with a gameplan so fast. There are a lot of things that could go wrong if power roles were to out themselves this early and I never like the idea of telling individuals what they should do with their status. I think it would work out better if the cop stayed hidden and only revealed themselves to innocent checks or if there's one person who stands out as being particularly pro-town, maybe confide in them. That's what I would personally want to do if I had the cop role.

Reads on people so far then;

Zexy
- Town
I don't agree with his suggestions as to how the play the game but I believe he genuinely is thinking of the towns' interests.

HumanDawn - Neutral

He makes good points in regards to Zexy's suggestions. His tune changes slightly in the PM Zexy shared with us but there's not a big contrast that's worrying. I also don't think it means anything that he contacted Zexy. It makes sense to me that Zexy may have put the idea forward awaiting approval from other people before confessing so I get why HD thought he may himself be the cop. As Zexy so openly shared the PM in thread it makes me think he probably isn't though.
I don't trust HD anymore than I distrust him right now, I think it would be a massive shame to mislynch him without good reason.

TylerM
- Town

I've found myself agreeing with him a lot. Contributing regularly and I noticed he was the only one to tag the inactives, myself included.

jackatlasred - Neutral leaning Town

Contributing well and his posts I also agree with for the most part. He's theorising a lot about potential outcomes if the gameplan Zexy suggested was followed through with. If I had to guess i'd expect the scum amongts us wouldn't way up the pros and cons so much. As a player i'm unfamiliar with him so it's always harder to judge but for now he's ok with me.

Froakie - Neutral

Hasn't said much (hypocritical I know) but her first post I totally agree with and it was presented what I would consider very normal for her.

Flopjack - Neutral to Scum

Has said so little and hasn't given a definitive opinion about anything yet. Feeling unsure.

Rabbit - Neutral to scum

Has said much less than i'd expect of him. Hasn't said what he's thinking.

Those of you I haven't mentioned it's because I haven't seen enough of your contributions to form an opinion on yet. The only other person I have an opinion on will be described below.

Vote; The_Pikachu

I don't like the way she is branding HD scummy. She seems to really want to get him lynched and she's played games with him enough to know that he's a good player, he's complex and yes he definitely can be deceitful, but not always for the wrong reasons. I think she's threatened by HD and wants him lynched. I don't see a good reason to want him lynched for any other reason. I know others have voted for HD as well but she seems to be overly keen in her convictions towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom