• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Back to Basics! Endgame(28/6/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Back to Basics! Day 1(16/6/2015)

I have a strong feeling that the claim The_Pikachu got is female. I remember reading it the first time and I read "her name," but then she edited it. It's not much to go on, and I may have misread her post, but I'm just letting y'all know what I saw.

The doctor said that they would protect me tonight, so I'll be safe. The plan can be that the cop checks me and I can be confirmed and then we will have three confirmed townies.

Please tell me the reasoning the "doctor" gave you to claim to you and I might go after Tyler, who has been hypocritical at one point.

UNVOTE: Rabbit
VOTE: The_Pikachu

EDIT: Also why do you trust them so much to say they'll be confirmed too??? how is you getting cleared going to clear this doc stuff

The doctor said that they would protect me tonight, so I'll be safe. The plan can be that the cop checks me and I can be confirmed and then we will have three confirmed townies.
For your own safety, you need to tell us who this fake doctor is. I'm the Doctor, and if you don't tell us, we lose a chance to lynch scum.

the_pikachu's posts were such an obvious claim fish i'm crying

@The_Pikachu;

I am completely unconvinced. We are in a Classic game with no power roles other than the Cop and Doctor. There is absolutely no reason the Doctor would contact you this soon. And TylerM counterclaiming you makes no sense if you happen to be the Doctor yourself, unless he is Mafia, but coming out so soon as the Doctor with no protection would still be a very bad play.

Last edited:

@The_Pikachu;

I am completely unconvinced. We are in a Classic game with no power roles other than the Cop and Doctor. There is absolutely no reason the Doctor would contact you this soon. And TylerM counterclaiming you makes no sense if you happen to be the Doctor yourself, unless he is Mafia, but coming out so soon as the Doctor with no protection would still be a very bad play.

I am my protection.

There is absolutely no reason the Doctor would contact you this soon. And TylerM counterclaiming you makes no sense if you happen to be the Doctor yourself, unless he is Mafia, but coming out so soon as the Doctor with no protection would still be a very bad play.

Doctor can protect themselves, though? And Pikachu didn't even claim doctor (yet)--if they're doctor, then they're just fishing for counterclaims, which is a pretty good idea, since if the mafia chooses to counterclaim, they can't possibly kill the doctor (given the self-protection and how it'd lead to the mafia's own death), and, really, their behavior makes a startlingly large amount of sense if they are just the doctor fishing for claims.

edit: I'm not sure if the "coming out so soon" thing is in reference to Tyler or Pikachu? My apologies if you're referencing Tyler, but I guess my spiel about it not being that bad can fit either person.

But I have to ask--you clearly acknowledge that Pikachu definitely be the doctor, yet you're still voting for her? Why would you risk lynching the doctor (which would basically ruin our chances of winning) when she hasn't even had a chance to explain herself?

There is absolutely no reason the Doctor would contact you this soon. And TylerM counterclaiming you makes no sense if you happen to be the Doctor yourself, unless he is Mafia, but coming out so soon as the Doctor with no protection would still be a very bad play.

Doctor can protect themselves, though? And Pikachu didn't even claim doctor (yet)--if they're doctor, then they're just fishing for counterclaims, which is a pretty good idea, since if the mafia chooses to counterclaim, they can't possibly kill the doctor (given the self-protection and how it'd lead to the mafia's own death), and, really, their behavior makes a startlingly large amount of sense if they are just the doctor fishing for claims.

edit: I'm not sure if the "coming out so soon" thing is in reference to Tyler or Pikachu? My apologies if you're referencing Tyler, but I guess my spiel about it not being that bad can fit either person.

But I have to ask--you clearly acknowledge that Pikachu definitely be the doctor, yet you're still voting for her? Why would you risk lynching the doctor (which would basically ruin our chances of winning) when she hasn't even had a chance to explain herself?

No, I'm not acknowledging that The_Pikachu is the Doctor. I'm saying there's almost no chance she could be, as coming out as our only Doctor simply to fish for one Mafia counterclaim seems to be, at least to my nub self, extremely foolhardy and reckless. I don't think someone experienced in Mafia (and I think she is, iirc) would make such a gambit so soon.

No, I'm not acknowledging that The_Pikachu is the Doctor. I'm saying there's almost no chance she could be, as coming out as our only Doctor simply to fish for one Mafia counterclaim seems to be, at least to my nub self, extremely foolhardy and reckless. I don't think someone experienced in Mafia (and I think she is, iirc) would make such a gambit so soon.

No, you acknowledged that she could be. And it's actually really likely that she is--like, think about it. She acts as if her innocence proves the doctor's innocence, but it makes no real sense for the doctor to claim to her, since there's no reason to trust her, right? So think about it this way: for some reason, to her, her innocence correlates to the doctor's innocence. However, there's no reason for someone to claim to her. But something that makes this all make sense is the idea that she's the doctor herself and outed as a gambit-esque thing to fish for counterclaims in-thread. If that were true, the issues--how her post sounding like it was fishing, why she had a pre-formed resistance to outing the doctor's name, how she got the claim in the first place, why she thinks her innocence equals the doctor's innocence--with the situation seem to be cleared away, don't they? Her behavior correlates more than enough with the possibility that she's the doctor. I'm not saying that she can't be mafia, but her behavior works just as much with her being the doctor as it does with her being mafia, if not more.

Besides, she didn't come out as the doctor--she was fishing for claims, and, like I've said, the doctor can protect themselves, and the mafia can't do anything about it. Furthermore, fishing for claims makes it so there's at least one confirmed mafia in the counterclaim, and that's really good for endgame, since you should never lynch the doctor anytime other than then, since the doctor being in a counterclaim ensures that the mafia can't kill them (unless they're going to sacrifice themselves as well), which ensures that whoever we need protected is, and perhaps even two people if we have the doctor(s) protect separate people. A doctor counterclaim is/can be really, really good for the town, given that it's handled correctly.

Seppe I don't think voting for pikachu would help us right now. She did ask for a check , meaning we can't suspect her without proof since there is no Godfather.

Vote: The_Pikachu
One of you or TylerM is lying, and I think it's likely you. Tyler, whilst paranoid, has made a much better contribution to the game and has proven himself more likely town than you.
If you are town, now would be a wise time to out your doctor claim.
Edit:
Seppe I don't think voting for pikachu would help us right now. She did ask for a check , meaning we can't suspect her without proof since there is no Godfather.
NO.
That way of thinking would turn this game into a follow-the-cop game. Of course we don't have proof; this is day one. There is no conceivable way to get solid proof. Even after day 1, scumhunting is just as viable a tactic as using the cop. The only thing no godfather means is that the cop can trust all their checks.

Last edited:

We can't tell sure who is lying @Flopjack; for all we know they could both be telling the truth. Pikachu had not claimed to be the doctor she just said the doctor contacted her.

I think better of Pikachu than to be fooled by a claim like that.
And yes, they could be telling the truth, but I highly doubt it.

Well this is contradicting flop. If the pikachu is highly regarded by you, why would she make a move worthy of suspicion. You just made my suspicion list flop.

@The_Pikachu; Can you please state whether or not you're doctor in-thread? It would make deciding this lynch a lot easier, and, honestly, by this point, if you're doctor, you really need to out, since I believe(?) the majority's on you.

The_Pikachu said:
I was scumbaiting. Tyler is the real doctor probably. Please take your vote off me.

(From a PM she sent me)

Literally what made you think this was a good idea?

Well that makes this all pointless.

Well this is contradicting flop. If the pikachu is highly regarded by you, why would she make a move worthy of suspicion. You just made my suspicion list flop.

I regard her as intelligent enough not to be fooled if someone goes "Hey! I'm Doctor!" but I don't know how good a liar she is (I can't remember the last time she was scum) and I think out of the two of them Tyler is the most likely to be telling the truth.

@HumanDawn; Could you possibly provide a screenshot? I know it's easily faked, but there's no harm in asking, I guess.

tumblr_nq3z2ecOOY1si7i81o1_540.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom