• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

Trainer Lisa

LOVED IchibanCon
Reaction score
I was just gonna add this to my post in the "Who's the biggest Pokemon fan you know" topic but, since it mostly deals with the Pokemon anime I decided to just make a topic here. Anyway, if you wanna know just how hardcore a Pokemon fan I am, I'll tell you one thing I do Pokemon related that is kinda strange....when I'm watching the show, I sometimes like to get the background music stuck in my head. XD I don't know why, I guess I just like the background music. Yeah, I know, I probably sound crazy. Anyone else do that? Oh, and I probably should mention that I usually only do that with 3rd, 4th, and 5th season episodes.

Unless, of course, it's a song like one from the Pokemon Sound Anime Collection CD (which I don't have) called "Afterward Clear These Tears". Now that song's so beautiful I can't get enough of it! ^_^ Oh, and just in case you're wondering how I got it, I downloaded that song and a bunch of others that were on that CD a long time ago from Kazaa. But, that's going off-topic....

Last edited:
I know how you feel! I'm such a goofball, I sometimes loudly hum (or whistle) along to the background music because I know it so well. XD It drives my little brother crazy.

I do that once in a while. I am more one to shout random quotes from the anime at people. :sweatlol:

What a relief....I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does that. :-D

I have a question though. Is PSAC the only CD they've made that has background music from the show on it? I mean, it doesn't have any BGM from the 3rd, 4th, and 5th season episodes on it does it?

Last edited:
As far as I know, yes, the Sound Anime Collection is the only series-only BGM collection released for Pokémon, and it's only early music, like from the lighthouse episode, or the one with the Bridge Bike Gang. It's a lovely CD, though. You have to like the Pokémon Zukan 'entries' after each song. :B I'm rather fond of what are tracks 12 and 13 on the CD - 'Masaki no Toudai' (Masaki's Lighthouse) and 'Densetsu' (Legend). *shrug*

The only BGM pieces that get stuck in my head, though, are the ones that are remixed Game Boy music (like 'Jitensha de GO' is the R/B/Y cycling music). And the good ol' Rocket Gang songs. The newer music is really nice, but I guess don't hear it enough to remember how it sounds. ^^; Neh...

... well. Except for the supaa-cheesy 'dramatic' music I heard in AG22, but that's -different-. *_*;

But yeah, you definitely aren't alone in getting the BGM stuck in yer head. :< Some of that music is durned catchy. Even when you don't want it to be...

I get some of the BGM stuck in my head too. I'm usually particular to remixed GB music, the song played at the end of "Pikachu's Goodbye" (and I'm not talking about The Time Has Come), and the music that starts when a battle really picks up. One example of the third would be in the recent episode where Ash's badges were stolen, and just before Pikachu was carried to the balloon by Noctowl. ^^; Can't give a better description at the moment...

Yeah, I find myself humming the BGM too. Most of the Japanese BGM is great! It's too bad that most of it is also based on Season 1's stuff; I mean, in Master's Quest, they're still using the battle music from RBY!!

Originally posted by PokemonTrainerLisa
What a relief....I'm so glad I'm not the only one that does that. :-D

I have a question though. Is PSAC the only CD they've made that has background music from the show on it? I mean, it doesn't have any BGM from the 3rd, 4th, and 5th season episodes on it does it?

Sadly, they never released this soundtrack. Which really stinks since my two favorite Pokemon BGM's are from Johto: the new action score and the moving farewell theme that was only used TWICE!! (at the end of "Tricks of the Trade" and "Going Apricorn").

Maybe a soundtrack wasn't released because there weren't too many new BGM's used in Johto; they might do some AG+Johto compilation which would also be nice. If not, it's time to open up a can of petitiononline.com! :-D

Originally posted by Kauri
The only BGM pieces that get stuck in my head, though, are the ones that are remixed Game Boy music (like 'Jitensha de GO' is the R/B/Y cycling music). And the good ol' Rocket Gang songs.

Yeah, I just love the remixed Game Boy music! In fact, my top ones would probably be the Bike song (which was only used in "The Bridge Bike Gang") and the Gym Leader one (I love it!).

Originally posted by Aquatre
I get some of the BGM stuck in my head too. I'm usually particular to remixed GB music, the song played at the end of "Pikachu's Goodbye" (and I'm not talking about The Time Has Come), and the music that starts when a battle really picks up. One example of the third would be in the recent episode where Ash's badges were stolen, and just before Pikachu was carried to the balloon by Noctowl. ^^; Can't give a better description at the moment...

I know exactly which song was played at the end of Pikachu's Goodbye, and I love that one! I think that was the perfect ending song. And the music that starts when a battle really picks up....that music's the best! I really love that music! Oh, and that last song you're talking about is also one of my faves.

Originally posted by Cheesemon
Sadly, they never released this soundtrack. Which really stinks since my two favorite Pokemon BGM's are from Johto: the new action score and the moving farewell theme that was only used TWICE!! (at the end of "Tricks of the Trade" and "Going Apricorn").

When you were talking about your two favorite Pokemon BGM's from Johto, I think I know what the new action score was, but I'm not sure I remember the moving farewell theme because it's been a long time since I've seen those episodes.

Originally posted by Chesemon
Maybe a soundtrack wasn't released because there weren't too many new BGM's used in Johto

That couldn't have been the reason, because I can think of 5 good new Johto songs that I love that were mainly just used during battles and stuff. The one I remember the best was used in the episode, "The Big Balloon Blow Up" right when Pikachu got on Noctowl's back to go fight Team Rocket. One of the other good new Johto songs I remember was used in the Johto League Journey episode, "The Psychic Sidekicks" when the Girafarig owner (forgot her name) was sent a vision from Girafarig. The other 3 songs that are also my favorites from Johto are songs that are very fequently used in Master Quest. I think they sound like Game Boy remixes of different battles, but I don't know which ones.

Last edited:
Check out this thread: http://pub209.ezboard.com/fpojosezboardfrm34.showNextMessage?topicID=3018.topic

According to Nautilator, there's 42 tracks on the Anime Sound Collection, so you'd need A LOT more than 5 to fill up a second one. ^^ Nautilator also attached a midi of the action score I referred to (is this the one you were thinking about too?) The farewell theme I mentioned is the anime adaption of the Cianwood/Ecruteak BGM in G/S, though you likely still won't recognize it since it's so rarely used. Same reason I don't remember the "Psychic Sidekicks" theme -- I think I still have a tape of it somewhere so maybe I'll refresh my memory sometime. :)

Oh, cool!! Thanks for the tread, Cheesemon!! :-D

I downloaded that song Nautilator had, and that's the exact one I was talking about that was used in, "The Big Balloon Blow up". I love that one! And yes, that was the one I was thinking about when you mentioned the new action score. It's a shame they don't have it on a CD yet....I really love that song. And I still wish I knew what it was called though.

Oh, and that moving farewell theme, now that you said it was the anime adaption of the Cianwood/Ecruteak BGM in G/S, I think I remember it a little. Didn't it go kinda slow? Anyway, I thought that song sounded familiar when I heard it in those two
episodes....hah, you gotta love those Game Boy remixes! LOL. :)

EDIT: Hey, this is one of those other songs I was talking about that I liked. Although, I like the anime remix of it better, which I heard earlier today in the episode, "Takin' It On The Chinchou". :-D

Last edited:
Sorry, but I had to make a double post because I really wanted my post to get read. Next time I'll just edit my message, like I did earlier.

Anyway, the real reason I wanted to make this post, was because I found a clip of the song I mentioned that was used in the episode "The Psychic Sidekicks". It turns out it was also used in the episode "Hot matches", I think. And that is what episode this clip is from. Here it is!

Well, I have the imported 5th movie soundtrack, and I know pretty much all the BGM from that by heart...Sometimes I try to make up my own words to them and sing them, or I'll just hum them randomly when I'm walking around the house.

I love some of the Pokemon background music. I loved the ramped up, orchestrated Pokemon Battle theme that played when Team Rocket got masacarred in "A Way Off Day Off." Do you know if there is a soundtrack CD with the Pokemon anime background music? If there is one, where can I buy it?

Yeah, there is one. It's a Japanese CD called Pokemon Sound Anime Collection. I don't have it yet, but I want it. Anyway, I don't know where you can get it, because I've never seen it in any stores around me, but I think you can import it online though. Oh, and also, the only BGM it has is from the first season, and at the end of each track is a little bit of Japanese that describes whatever song it is.

Last edited:
Oiy, I remember downloading those songs from BMG many years back. The commentary part at the end is sort of annoying. But yeah, you could get it off eBay or just look up a search on Google for it, I'm sure.

I love some of the Pokemon background music. I loved the ramped up, orchestrated Pokemon Battle theme that played when Team Rocket got masacarred in "A Way Off Day Off." Do you know if there is a soundtrack CD with the Pokemon anime background music? If there is one, where can I buy it?

It is the 'remixed' RBY trainer battle music, and no, it hasn't unfortunately. Nor has the remixed 'wild pokemon battle' music used in the match where Krab evolves into Kingler.

For those saying Johto didn't have enough new music to get a Cd, I'm pretty sure it did, and they really should have made one. Advanced Generation seems a likely candidate, and I hope they do one, but I also hope they don't bypass the great music from Johto.

J&S
(owns that soundtrack CD. It's fantastic)

Unlike in certain other shows, I like the way the BGM has kinda remained the same the whole way through. When I say that, I mean they haven't created loads and loads of new tunes. They normally keep the same ones for battling, the same one for walking and so on...which is pretty cool. I can't say I know any of them off by heart but I admit I loved the old PokéRap and some of the songs at the end of the first few seasons...but that's not BGM :sweatlol:

Originally posted by Quilfisher
Unlike in certain other shows, I like the way the BGM has kinda remained the same the whole way through. When I say that, I mean they haven't created loads and loads of new tunes.
Actually, in the dubbed version, they've been recycling movie music for a while now (at the expense of the music that was there originally). So, in a sense, they have added new tunes for the score...

Is the BGM used in Mewtwo's Birth the same as the background music use in Pokemon : The First Movie?

And for those of you who dont know.......

Mewtwo's Birth - Japanese Title of First Pokemon Movie

If anyone has any of these I would be delighted if you could trade them to me as I have almost every pokemon mp3!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom