• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Music Background music of the show

Reaction score
I've listened to the first few tracks, and based on that and looking at the track list it seems like a number of tracks are being re-released which is disappointing (i.e. from the Kanto collection and Genki Ippai). Also disappointing is the lack of anime exclusive tracks, but I can forgive that because orchestrated arrangements of game music tend to be better imo. However, I'm excited to get my hands on the rest because it seems that there are a few promising tracks.
Where do you have listened them?

Standing firm.
Reaction score
I'd buy this online if I had any idea how to buy things online. I assume there is a Japanese branch on Amazon?

Japanese (Romanized): Gym
Japanese (Trans): Gym
If this is what I think it is, I can die happy.

@Vice-san: At least one site has a stream of some of the songs, one of those places could be where the other person is listening to it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd buy this online if I had any idea how to buy things online. I assume there is a Japanese branch on Amazon?
I got mine of CDJapan.

First time ever importing anything.

And mine's stuck in my local post office. I only have a delivery attempt notice for my troubles.

So hopefully by tomorrow, I'll be hearing the stuff from a CD instead of a rip of selected Disc 1 songs.

Reaction score
I want to make a note that if you see the same track listed on the CD, it's most likely due to that fact that the game track in question has more than one Anime Remix.
There's also a couple instances of different tracks from different games having the exact same name (like the gen 3 and gen 4 wild Pokemon theme).

But yeah, if two successive tracks have the exact same name, it's because there were multiple anime arrangements of the same game track.

If this is what I think it is, I can die happy.
It's the Gen 3 Gym interior theme. Was that what you wanted?

Reaction score
I doesn't understand... is BGM from the games or from the anime?? or both?

Standing firm.
Reaction score
It's the Gen 3 Gym interior theme. Was that what you wanted?
Gunning for the Gen I gym interior theme, actually, and unfortunately. Ah well, I'll probably get this anyway, since some other choice favorites, like "A Trainer Appears!" is on it.

EDIT: Literally 10 seconds after I typed this, I saw two more Pokemon Gym tracks in the first CD. SO maybe, lol

Reaction score
I hope that someone puts these track up on Youtube soon enough.

Reaction score
EDIT: Literally 10 seconds after I typed this, I saw two more Pokemon Gym tracks in the first CD. SO maybe, lol
Yeah, two arrangements of the Gen 1 gym theme are on there.

For those who didn't figure it out from the titles themselves, disc 1 track 1-29 is Gen 1 music, disc 1 track 30-46 is Gen 2 music, disc 2 track 1-26 is Gen 3 music, and disc 2 track 27-42 is Gen 4 music.

Standing firm.
Reaction score
Yeah, two arrangements of the Gen 1 gym theme are on there.
If the songs you're talking about are the ones that play when something awesome is happening (Charmeleon's evolution, Victor and Puka), I just died.

K, gotta figure out how to navigate CDJapan.

Collects stuff
Reaction score
Well it's got both Indigo Champion themes, Hoenn Victory Road and Route 206! They're the ones I was hoping for so I'll definitely consider getting this.

Reaction score
That's an anime exclusive song, not based on any game BGM. So not likely.

Reaction score
OMG!! the cd is AWESOME! I have been wating 10 years for this music! yahoo!

GO FOR THE GOAL!
Reaction score
When I hit play, I can't hear the tracks. It looks like the music player/demo thing is broken. =(

Is anyone else having that problem?
If you mean the track cuts off at 30 seconds, then yes. I think that's all they can legally provide under FAIR USE.

Shane
Reaction score
I want a sequel with all the anime-only music now. And maybe one with all the movie BGM to follow.

Thanks in advance, Pokémon distributors.