• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

If you mean the track cuts off at 30 seconds, then yes. I think that's all they can legally provide under FAIR USE.

Yeah, we only offer 30-second clips on the site. They're there to give you a preview of the CD, not act as a replacement.

I swear i was going to cry when i heard the museum BGM but i was kinda disappointed that they wasted a perfectly good track for that 9 sec healing theme.

But anyways what about the booklet?

Yeah, we only offer 30-second clips on the site. They're there to give you a preview of the CD, not act as a replacement.

I think what PokemonTrainerLisa meant was that she can't hear *any* of it, because I'm getting the same thing. I click on the "Play" button and the box on top that says what track is playing will say "Loaded 0%", and it stays there.

If you mean the track cuts off at 30 seconds, then yes. I think that's all they can legally provide under FAIR USE.
Yeah, I noticed that the tracks were cut off, but that doesn't bother me. ^^

Actually, I meant that the tracks weren't playing at all. So yeah, what kenisu3000 said. XP

Anyway, I got it to work. My friend said it was because I was using Internet Explorer (so I guess it doesn't work in IE). But I opened the page with Google Chrome, and it works fine now. =)

Anyway, I got it to work. My friend said it was because I was using Internet Explorer (so I guess it doesn't work in IE). But I opened the page with Google Chrome, and it works fine now. =)

Aw, phooey. All I have is IE, and I can't download any other browsers on this computer. :(

I realized the CD site has Play buttons on each track just now.

So I clicked the buttons on the Gym tracks I mentioned earlier.

I woke my roommate up from my screaming.

6 days from now to get here faster.

Finally, finally the Team Rocket Johto Theme (Both versions), the Johto Trainer Battle, Johto Champion Battle, Team Aqua/Magma battle, Kanto Champion Battle and the aternative of the Kanto Trainer Battle are released!

Please, if this is a dream, don't wake me up!

Bloody hell, this soundtrack is amazing. Just listening through the sample of the first disc on PocketMonsters.net at the moment, and I can't believe that they've released the alternate versions of some of the already released tracks (like the slower version of 'The Road from Pallet to Viridian", which I believe is played in the Navel Maneuvers episode for instance). :D

Can't wait to hear the Gym and Champion themes!

It's a little disappointing that it's all game music and not even one anime-only BGM... it's also disappointing that they repeated some already released tracks... but it's still awesome and I hope I can listen to it soon, sadly I can't play them on the PM site, apparently cause I use Internet EXplorer... I should download FireFox and try that

I should download FireFox and try that

Yep, it works on Firefox.

It has the VS Rival theme from RBY... that's just one of my wishes for this CD checked off.

Edit: The CD has Encounter! Karate King!, I've been wanting that track for ages now. I am officially happy with this CD.

Last edited:
OK, I can hear now the short pieces that are up on PM and I'm a little annoyed at how it's mostly Kanto and Hoenn... Johto's BGM is so awesome
I really like the Kanto and Hoenn too, but I don't get why they got like double the amount of Johto/Sinnoh... especially when Johto/Sinnoh are the current games

And for some of these songs, this will be the third CD these have been released on.

It's still an awesome CD set, sure. But I know I'll be skipping over the repeats a lot.

Edit: The CD has Encounter! Karate King!, I've been wanting that track for ages now. I am officially happy with this CD.

OMG, I saw you constantly mentioning the Karate King BGM, but I never really knew what it was exactly... now I hear that it's this EXTREMELY AWESOME BGM!
I'm so happy they included it! It's really good... (and oh, the connection of brothers again!)

I really like the Kanto and Hoenn too, but I don't get why they got like double the amount of Johto/Sinnoh... especially when Johto/Sinnoh are the current games

I suppose it makes sense they'd have more, given that Kanto was the first series and AG was the first fresh start series, though I always thought that was a shame. The DP games in particular had a really solid soundtrack that could only have benefit from the anime treatment. Not to say they didn't sound good, but the selection they did use was rather unusual imo.

In any case, I'm really glad I was geeky enough to have ordered this now. While I do like the anime's original, non-movie tracks, I've always held their adaptions of the video game music in much higher regard, so I'm more than satisfied with what's on offer here. Huzzah for Magma/Aqua battle!

Abandoned Ship is so freakin' beautiful. ;____;

I didn't even know that track had been remixed!

WANT.

People should be super duper happy for this. We got BGM beauties like the ones that play during -

Charmeleon evolves into Charizard (BOTH versions)
Magmar appears! (kanto champion theme)
Charizard VS Magmar
Brandon flies away with his Pyramid (Route 27)

and also the Aqua/magma battle theme

These five are the ones most frequently requested by anime fans and now they're finally available. Holy shit...!

It's nice they have all this game music. But I still wish they did something like this for the anime-only pieces too. But it looks like that'll never happen...

Dunno if anyone's interested, but I made a list of the tracks on the CD which have never been released before :p 57 of the 88 tracks haven't been released before (as long as I've counted correctly) and 11 are "repeated" remixed tracks

Spoiler for the long list, the track no. is the number on the left :p

Disc 1

RBY

2 - RBY OP (remix)
3 - RBY OP 2nd (remix)
5 - Route 1 (remix)
10 - Pokemon Centre (remix)
11 - Mt Moon
13 - Jigglypuff's Song
16 - Trainer Battle (remix)
17 - Pokemon Gym
18 - Pokemon Gym (remix)
23 - Pokemon Tower (remix) (sounds more like the game version)
24 - PokeFlute
26 - Surf (remix) (sounds more like the game version)
27 - Victory Road
28 - Champion Battle

GSC

33 - Ecruteak City
34 - Rival Battle
37 - Route 38
38 - Trainer Battle
40 - Team Rocket Encounter
41 - Radio Tower Takeover (sounds like a slower version of the TR Encounter theme)
42 - Route 27
44 - Pewter City
45 - Champion Battle
46 - Credits

Disc 2

RSE

2 - "Opening Selection" (?)
3 - Olddale Town
8 - Evolution (used as the Battle Frontier title theme or is a different mix of it)
9 - Surf
10 - The Oceanic Museum (which is itself a remix of the SS Anne theme from RBY)
13 - Fortree City
14 - Lilycove City
15 - Recovery
16 - "Ceremony-fire Mountain"(?)
18 - Aqua/Magma Hideout
19 - Aqua/Magma Battle
20 - Legendary Battle
21 - Victory Road
22 - Victory Road (slow remix)
24 - Abandoned Ship
25 - Sealed Chamber
26 - Regi Battle

DPPt

27 - Rowan's Lab
28 - Rowan's Lab (remix)
29 - Rowan's Lab (remix)
30 - Twinleaf Town
31 - Route 201 (day)
32 - Wild Pokemon Battle
33 - Sandgem Town
34 - Eterna Forest
35 - Pokemon Scientist Encounter
36 - Route 206 (day)
37 - Karate King Encounter
38 - Artist Encounter
39 - Super Contest
40 - Difficult Dance
41 - Gym Battle
42 - Route 210 (day)

My favourites are: Route 27, both Champion themes, RBY Gym theme, RBY Trainer Battle remix, and the GSC Rival battle theme. But I love lots of the other new ones, too

I got ahold of the rest. My disappointed first impressions have been thrown out the window; this CD set is pure sex. If any of you have the capacity to buy a copy, do so because it's amazing.

It's nice they have all this game music. But I still wish they did something like this for the anime-only pieces too. But it looks like that'll never happen...

If this collection sells well, it might. The reason this collection only included remixes of game themes is because they wanted fans of the games as well as the anime fans to buy it. I don't have the source on me, but Shinji Miyazaki has said that they will give the fans what they want as far as BGM is concerned; if the fans want it they'll release it.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom