• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

I really like the RSE Victory Road theme, Route 27, and the sad music that plays in AGO01 when Ash helps Pikachu up the cliff (Japanese version).

Has anyone mentioned the music that played when Ash's Charizard battled Falkner's Pidgeot? Damn, I wish I knew what these pieces are called.

If the track doesn't have an official name, and it's from the games, people just give them the name of where it comes from in the games...that one is the GSC Champion Battle theme.

That first piece is "Flygon Toujou!" from the 6th movie OST. Pretty awesome, huh?

As for the second one you mentioned... I'm not sure. I'll check it out.

Yes, yes it is. :)

...And as for the second piece, it also played during DP 147 when the Rocket Dan went underground in their mecha, methinks.

Oh! I believe that the original piece is unreleased (it may be on the PKMN Sound Collection), but you can find an extended version/remix of it in the Movie 1 OST. It's called "Hon Mono to Copy! Tsuyoi no wa Docchida!".

I like the Jouto battle music that turns into an OK! instrumental at the end.

I've already bothered Dogasu personally with a PM, but just in case, does anyone know where one can get this song? I've searched high and low for a looong time, and this is the first time I've ever heard ANYONE mention it.

It is my most favoritest BGM. :bawling:

Does anyone know what piece this is? It plays in DP165 when Pikachu battles Infernape, and also in Jirachi: Wish Maker when Ash and Max are riding on Flygon.

My favorite BGM

4Kids
I love the 4Kids BGM!! =D

- The First Movie score (especially Tears of Life, Three VS Three, and Dragonite Takes Flight)
- Second movie score (especially The Guardian's Song and Goodbye Lugia)
- Third movie score (loved the entire score xD)
- Track used in the first Pokemon episode, when the Spearow attacks Pikachu
- Another track used in the first episode, when Ash and Pikachu are being chased by the Spearow's
- Another track used in the first episode, when Ash is riding Misty's bike and trying to get Pikachu to the Pokemon Center
- I like a few other tracks too, but I can't remember the exact moments when they play

Japanese
- the Gym music (the song that plays when you're inside the gym - I LOVE the anime version of this song!!)
- OK instrumental
- Advance Adventure instrumental
- GSC Wild Pokemon Battle
- GSC Trainer battle theme
- GSC Rival battle theme
- GSC Champion battle theme
- GSC S.S. Aqua theme
- Route 27
- Route 29 (I love this one! The anime version is awesome!) ^_^
- Kanto bike theme
- Kanto gym battle theme
- "Afterward, Clear Those Tears" or whatever it's called xD)
- "The Adventure Continues"
- "Masato No Kimochi" from Jirachi: Wish Maker
- ALL the music from the 8th movie, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
- "The Shining Light" a fan-named BGM track from Johto (Great piece!!)

- And also, I love this one Johto BGM track...I'm positive it's Japanese, but I don't know what it's called!! It played in "The Whistle Stop" when Ash was reminding the girl that she took care of the Ledyba when they were sick, and this made her realize that the Ledyba will listen to her commands. There's a beautiful song that plays during this scene, and I wish I knew what it was called. <3

From the Japanese music I've heard, the Johto BGM is definitely my favorite. But unfortunately, they haven't released much of the Johto music. D:

You know, I wish they would release more Johto BGM, especially the battle tracks. The only Johto battle track they've released is "Wild Pokemon Battle". =(

Well, those who know me know that I have many, many, many favorites. But I'll just name some that haven't been mentioned by others.

- Special Ability is Inhaled

This track plays whenever Kirby inhales an object and gains an ability. Oh wait, that's from a completely different Anime (Hoshii no Kaabii/Kirby Right Back at ya)

- Kanto Track that plays when Misty's sisters appearf or the very first time and dive into the water... also heard when Ash and co. board the St. Anne. I call that track In the Presence of the Upper Class.

- Kanto Track that plays in Pikachu's Goodbye when Ash and co. run into the large group of Pikachu. I call it Cheerful and Playful Pokemon

- Another Kanto Track from Pikachu's Goodbye. This one plays when right after the big scare when Ash's Pikachu is given an apple. I call it The Long and Winding Road.

- Atarashii Tomodachi Instrumental Theme

This track plays towards the end of the 1st Pocket Monsters Pikachu Short.

- Pokemon Shiro e Shuppatsu/The Departure towards the Pokemon Castle

From the 1st Pocket Monsters Movie

- Copy Pokemon Mezameru/Copy Pokemon Awaken

Also from the 1st Pocket Monsters Movie

- Taiketsu! Honmono tai Copy Pokemon/Showdown! The Real versus the Copy Pokemon

Yet another track from the 1st Pocket Monsters Movie

- Midaretobu Monster Ball/Pokeballs Flying in Chaos[/B

Once again, from the 1st Movie

- Satoshi Tatakai no Tetsui/Ashi's Battle Decision

Yes, from the 1st movie as well.

- Kibou no Sora e/Towards the Hopeful Sky

This too is from the 1st Movie.

- Route 38 Theme

This track plays when Ash attains his first Johto Gym Badge.

- GSC Team Rocket Theme - Version 2

This track is a bit slower and more dramatic than the the one I think most people are familiar with. It plays during the time when Meowth revs up the Spiarak Mecha, and also when Totodile, followed by Pikachu, lose to Miltank during the Gym Battle.

- Ok! Happy Ending Melody

This is yet another instrumental variation of the 3rd Japanese Opening. It plays at the end of episode 134 (Crying Marrill) and at the end of episode 181 (Pichu), among others.

Last edited:
Hello all, I was just wondering if this song has been released and if so, which CD is it on or where can I find it? I recorded the following clip from a few shows and they play it when Ash starts winning in situations..

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Song: http://www.mediafire.com/?jodmly03hly

It would probably be easier if you just said the name of the episode and the specific scene in which the music plays. Then someone can easily check it without having to download a file.

Oh sorry you're right..the mp3 file was actually recorded from several different shows...but here are a few I can remember and all during battles:

Pokemon Episode 179: The Apple Corp!
Pokemon episode 131: Tanks A Lot

This is the Action Instrumental of the third Japanese opening OK!, and it is unfortunately unavailable on CD.

In Pokemon: The First Movie, there's this track called "Invitation to Danger" which has this very "catchy" Star Wars-esque trumpet fanfare. I always think of this as the "main theme" of the First Movie and feel like it comes back a lot during the movie...or am I imagining this? Does it really only appear once?

Hey, some of the rest of the BGM is getting released!

From #PM:

A new background music CD box set will be released in Japan on September 8th, 2010. TV Anime Pocket Monsters Original Soundtrack Best 1997-2010 (TVアニメ ポケットモンスター オリジナルサウンドトラック ベスト 1997-2010) will feature background music from the original, Advanced Generation and Diamond and Pearl anime series. The 2 disc set will feature approximately 80 of the best tracks from those series. It will also include a 16 page color booklet with an interview with Shinji Miyazaki. The CD's are also digitally mastered from the original masters. The CD set's catalog number is ZMCP-5452 and it will retail for a special price of 2730 yen.

This is great news, as I think we've only had like one or two tiny CDs released for the series after the original. Can't wait for this. :)

Oh man, if this has the anime's rendition of the Aqua/Magma battle theme, I may actually have to consider purchasing this. With gusto, even. I've been waiting too long to drive down a dual carriageway with that playing.

I rushed a bit and ordered, though I can always cancel it if the listing turns out to be so-so.

YES, FINALLY! Definitely purchasing it, I was waiting for something like that since YEARS.

I better start saving money for this epic thing. Just hopefully it will finally have the Kanto Champion battle music...

I hope they include the anime renditions of:

- The GSCHGSS Champion theme.
- The GSCHGSS Rival theme.
- The GSCHGSS Team Rocket theme.

Those are some of my favorite themes in the anime. I'm really interested!!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom