• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

So what hasn't been released from Kanto so far?

Off the top of my head,

- Title screen music
- Eyecatch music
- Next episode preview music
- The music that played during the Lizardon and Boober battle.

Anything else?

Amazing, as extensive as the list of tracks used on Sound Anime Collection is, I think about half of the instrumental music from Kanto was never released on CD. Here's what I know of:

- The remixed version of Scorching Battlefield (Track 23 from SAC), which is effectively the second Anime remix of the RBY Trainer Battle Theme

- The two RBY Gym Theme remixes. The first one is used at the climax of episode 17, when the entire cast (including Team Rocket) are on the roller-coaster. The second version is more of a rock remix. It plays when the whole group works together to prevent the volcano from erupting, right before the Charizard/Magmar battle.

- The RBY Champion Battle Theme.

- A Remix of The St. Anne Ship, or the 2nd Anime remix of the RBY Surf Theme (Track 5 from SAC). This track plays about 2 minutes into the Eevee Bros. episode.

- A shortened version of Pokemon! I Choose You! (Track 2 from SAC). It plays quite often during the latter half or Kanto, and the Orange Islands. One example is when Growlithe reuites whith James and saves him from Jessibelle.

- A shortened version of Prayer (Track 26 from SAC). It plays in the Dratini episode, when Ash is underwater, right before he is saved by Dragonair.

- A shortened version of Meeting and Seperating (Track 39 from SAC). It plays during Pikachu's Goodbye, right after all the Pikachu are saved from Team Rocket.

- A shortened version of Reunion (Track 27 from SAC). It plays at the start of thePorygon episode.

- Pokemon Healed Remix. This brief track plays at the 4 minute mark of episode 14 during Pikachu's initial healing.

- Go Pokeball (Self Titled). This track is 1st used in the very first episode of the series, in the instances during Ash's dream sequence, when he release the three starter Pokemon (not kept in Dub)

- Something to Figure Out (Self Titled). This track is used right before Ash departs for his journey with his unwilling Pikachu, and later on when tries to catch Pidgey by throwing rocks at them (not kept in Dub in those instances)

- Danger Lurks Around the Corner (Self Titled). This track is used during the very 1st appearance of Team Rocket.

- Detailed Information Told (Self Titled). This track was used in episode 2, when Ash saw a carving of Ho-oh on the Pokemon Center wall (not kept in Dub in that instance).

- Trivial Matters (Self Titled). This track plays in episode 3, when Misty follows Ash and Pikachu, only to be spotted by both of them (not kept in Dub).

- Hopes for the Future (Self Titled). This track plays during the nighttime scene, when Caterpie shares his dream with Pikachu (not kept in Dub in that instance).

- New Adventures Await (Self Titled). This track plays at the close of episode 3, and several other episodes early on in the series.

- Intense Battle (Self Titled). This track plays during Pikachu's 2nd gym battle with Brock's Onix. This is also effectively a premix of a track from the 1st movie entitled Real and Copy! Who are the Strongest?.

- Disturbing Moments (Self Titled). This track plays in episode 4, when Ash makes his rescue attempt, only to trip and fall, lose hold of Metapod, and get attacked by a Beedrill (not kept in Dub in that instance).

- Nighttime Ritual (Self Titled). This track first plays in episode 6, when the Clefairy dance around the Moonstone (not kept in Dub in that instance).

- Cheerful and Playful Pokemon (Self Titled). This track plays when the Clefairy evolve into Clefable (not kept in Dub in that instance).

- In the Presence of the Upper Class (Self Titled). This track plays when the Cerulean Sisters jump off the high-dive, and when Ash and co. first board the St. Anne.

- Announcement (Self Titled). This track is used right after AJ defeats Team Rocket for his 100th victory (not kept in Dub in that instance).

- A Power to Behold (Self Titled). This track is used when the Squirtle Squad first confront Ash and Co. (not kept in Dub in that instance).

- This is Getting Us Nowhere! (Self Titled). This track was first used when the Squirtle Squad tied Team Rocket to a tree.

- Retreat, Retreat! (Self Titled). This track was first used in episode 12 when a Squirtle Squad member battled Pikachu by the lake.

- Apprehended by the enemy (Self Titled). This track was first used when the Squirtle Squad tied Ash and co. up (not kept in Dub in that instance).

- Sudden Attack (Self Titled). This track is first used in episode 13 when Ash and co. encounter a giant Kabuto (Bill in disguise).

- Undisciplined Pokemon (Self Titled). This track was used in episode 32, when Misty commanded Psyduck to use Tail-Wag Attack.

- Pokemon Being Funny (Self Titled). This track was used during the scene in episode 27, when Misty is branwashed and thinks she's a Seel (not kept in Dub in that instance).

- Sunken Ship (Self Titled). This track is used during the cliffhanger sequence at the end of episode 15, and at the beginning of episode 16 (kept in the Dub in the latter instance, but not the former).

- Relaxing by the Beach (Self Titled). This track tends to be used in the Anime during moments on the beach, such as the conclusion of episode 17, when Slopoke evolves into Slobro.

- Relaxing by the Beach (Self Titled). This track is first used in episode 16 when Misty sends out Goldeen to search for a way out of the sunken ship.

- A remix of Dazzling Beautiful Girl, or the 2nd Anime Remix of the Lavender Town Theme (Track 31 on SAC).

- Flashback (Self Titled). This track often appears during flashback sequences, such as the one where Erika was rescued from Grimer by Gloom.

- Brock’s affection (Self Titled). This track is used during romantic sequences (usually involving Brock), such as the time when Jessie and Meowth brought an unwilling James before Jessebelle..

- The Long and Winding Road (Self Titled). This track was used in Pikachu's Goodbye, right after Ash's Pikachu saved a wild Pikachu from going over a fall, when he was given an apple, and all the other Pikachu cheered him on.

- Indigo Plateau Theme. This track is used in the Pokemopolis episode, when Gengar and Alakazam first confront each other.

- Mt. Moon Theme. This track was used about 3 minutes into The Mystery Menace, when Ash and co. are traveling through the sewers.

Last edited:
^ AHHHHHHHHHHH! Anyway...

Kazamatsuri said:
- A shortened version of Prayer (Track 26 from SAC). It plays in the Dratini episode, when Ash is underwater, right before he is saved by Dragonair.

Do you mean they just cut parts out, or is it a remix? If it's the former, I'm sure that they'd only release the whole version of that piece.

^ AHHHHHHHHHHH! Anyway...

Do you mean they just cut parts out, or is it a remix? If it's the former, I'm sure that they'd only release the whole version of that piece.

I guess you can call it a shortened remix. You'd have to hear the track to know what I mean.

I think I understand.

Basically, what I think you're saying is that the version you're talking about is not as simple as just cutting parts out of the original.

Kazamatsuri said:
- The remixed version of Scorching Battlefield (Track 23 from SAC), which is effectively the second Anime remix of the RBY Trainer Battle Theme

There's only one remix of that, right? I know what you're talking about. That played in the Kanto episode "The Battle of the Badge" during the first part of Gary and Giovanni's battle...

*Jirachi* said:
I think I won`t pre-order it before I know which tracks are included. I mean, if they are some that are already realased and this is just like some "Best Selection" CD, I think I will not buy it.
Let`s see~
When the track lists usually come out? ^
^

Well, it is called "Soundtrack Best." And as much as I know that there are people who haven't bought those old soundtrack CDs, I still hope they don't use too much old music. Especially if it was on that Genki Ippai CD that came out in 2005(?).

I'd expect a track list in August.

EDIT: Dunno if it's mentioned in Kazamatsuri's list above, but a (really nice) remix of Track 13- "Legend" (伝説) hasn't been released. It's on that Mewtwo CD drama, like, six and a half minutes into the third track. That CD and the Japanese Mewtwo movie soundtrack come in the same package.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Yeah, I wish 4Kids would release a CD like that, too.

I love all the BGM tracks from the first episode (they've used those same tracks in many other episodes). It'd be awesome to have those tracks!! =D

Hmm. Do you think we could somehow get all the 4Kids BGM tracks? Maybe we should try contacting Manny Corallo or 4Kids about this. It wouldn't hurt to try, right? ^^

I'd be fine with them releasing something like that. If they did, I might get it... eventually...

Last edited:
Finally! I can't imagine they're finally doing this. <3

As soon as I heard about this, I totally pre-ordered the CD XD I have been waiting so long for a CD release like this! As long as it has tons of new tracks I will be very happy~

The only anime BGM soundtrack I have for Pokemon is the Sound Anime Collection. I have some movie soundtrack CDs to. So while I'd prefer that they not reuse too much released BGM, I'm still aiming to get this CD since I don't have any Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh TV BGM anyway.

EDIT: Assuming that movie BGM isn't on this CD, I hope they do something like this with unreleased movie music later on.

I think the DP series also used a new version of the Contest theme, so I hope we get it

What I hope most is anime version of "Spotted! Karate King!" :p.

Is someone trying to get my attention? :p

I really want the Hoenn Legendary theme to be on this as well. In general though I do hope for less Kanto tracks and more recent ones.

If you're referring to the track used during the Meowth vs. Persian battle scene, it's already been released. It's actually from the first Pocket Monsters movie, so it won't appear on this new CD. It's called Arashi no Umi wo (Cross the Stormy Sea).

I love you.

All I need now is that Magmar vs. Charizard song (remix of RBY trainer battle music)

OMFG! I'm as close to hyperventilation as can be at news about Pokemon music at the minute. :-D Everytime I listen to the Sound Anime Collection I can't help but feel forlorn at the gaps left by missing tracks, so this will be a godsend if it lives up to expectations. Here are my hopes from the top of my head:

Kanto/OI:
- RBY Gym theme. There are two orchestrations of this, both of which I love. One is played when Charmeleon evolves into Charizard, Seel evolves into Dewgong and Bulbasaur learns Solarbeam, while the other is played in instances such as on the St Anne against TR, when Squirtle learns Hydro Pump etc.
- Burning Battlefield ver.2. Played during Brock vs Meowth in Who Gets to Keep Togepi, and the infamous Charizard vs Magmar battle.
- RBY Champion theme. Oh, how i've longed for this to be available for free listening. I never even established that this was a remix of the Champion theme until recently.
- Anime exclusive song 1. Played in instances during early-mid Kanto such as when the 'abducted' kids are found in the park in Hypno's Naptime, and possibly at the start of the Kangaskhan Kid. Oh yes, and when Ash does the massage therapy demonstration on Pikachu in Pokemon Fashion Flash.
- Anime exclusive song 2. I love this one. It's played when Ash releases Pidgeot, during the farewell in the sunset scene in Misty Meets Her Match, and when Bruno talks to Ash about how special his friendship with Pikachu is. EDIT: Hold up, here it is! Damn you 4Kids and scrapping the original 1st Movie soundtrack! Although I do love you so for Tears of Life :3
- Anime exclusive song 3. I know this one's already out there somewhere, but I can't track it down. It's played commonly even now. It was notably played when Matteo was having a stare out with the Crystal Onix (after Charmeleon had scorched it), and I know it was used before Ash VS Paul begun in Lake Acuity more recently. EDIT: Again, DARN YOU 4KIDS!!!

Johto:
- Ecruteak City. I only noticed this little gem when rewatching early Johto recently. Here's hoping.
- GSC Champion theme
- Johto trainer battle theme. I always loved the intro to this remix.
- GSC Viridian City theme
- Charizard's farewell music
- Route 27
- GSC Rival encounter

AG:
- Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza battle theme.
- Regi trio music. This was badass when used for the Grovyle/Tropius fight.

Sinnoh:
- Route 206 theme
- Professor Rowan theme. I know that this used to be used at the end of next episode previews in Japan until the High Touch instrumental took its place.
- Sinnoh Wild Battle theme
- Eterna Forest

There may be some that I missed, or indeed some of the above which are already out there somewhere. Consider these some of my most sought after though, and I will be delighted if the majority of these make it onto the CD.

Last edited:
- RBY Champion theme. Oh, how i've longed for this to be available for free listening. I never even established that this was a remix of the Champion theme until recently.
It's cool that they have a remix of this in the anime! But the only problem is, I can't remember what this song sounds like. XP

So, can you please list some episodes where this track plays in the dub, and when the song plays? I'd really appreciate it if you could. ^^

- Anime exclusive song 2. I love this one. It's played when Ash releases Pidgeot, during the farewell in the sunset scene in Misty Meets Her Match, and when Bruno talks to Ash about how special his friendship with Pikachu is. EDIT: Hold up, here it is! Damn you 4Kids and scrapping the original 1st Movie soundtrack! Although I do love you so for Tears of Life :3
OMG! I had no idea this song was released! O.O

Thank you for posting and informing me about this.

I love this song!! It's one of my favorite BGM tracks. And it's been played in the dub version a lot. In fact, that's why I love it, because the dub has played this song often, and it's so beautiful. <3

Okay, now I just need to get an MP3 of it, so I can put it on my music player. ^_^

While I'm a fan of BMG, it's not something I'd buy, but I'm really excited to see what comes out of the color book.

It's cool that they have a remix of this in the anime! But the only problem is, I can't remember what this song sounds like. XP

So, can you please list some episodes where this track plays in the dub, and when the song plays? I'd really appreciate it if you could. ^^

That track plays many times in the Anime. But I'd say the most notable times it played was at the cliffhanger and transition during the Pikachu vs. Magmar battle. In other words, at the very end of Riddle me This, and the recap at the beginning of Volcanic Panic.

Can someone tell me the name of the song that plays when Ash battles Drake's Onix with his Squirtle? It was in the Japanese version. I can't find that song anywhere. Maybe it'll be on this release?

Can someone tell me the name of the song that plays when Ash battles Drake's Onix with his Squirtle? It was in the Japanese version. I can't find that song anywhere. Maybe it'll be on this release?

That track is called Taiketsu! Honmono tai Copy Pokemon! (Fight! Real vs. Copy Pokemon). It's another released track from the 1st Pocket Monsters movie.

That track plays many times in the Anime. But I'd say the most notable times it played was at the cliffhanger and transition during the Pikachu vs. Magmar battle. In other words, at the very end of Riddle me This, and the recap at the beginning of Volcanic Panic.
Oh yeah! Now I remember that song!

Thanks a lot. ^^

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom