• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Music Background music of the show

I've listened to the first few tracks, and based on that and looking at the track list it seems like a number of tracks are being re-released which is disappointing (i.e. from the Kanto collection and Genki Ippai). Also disappointing is the lack of anime exclusive tracks, but I can forgive that because orchestrated arrangements of game music tend to be better imo. However, I'm excited to get my hands on the rest because it seems that there are a few promising tracks.

Where do you have listened them?

I'd buy this online if I had any idea how to buy things online. I assume there is a Japanese branch on Amazon?

Japanese (Romanized): Gym
Japanese (Trans): Gym

If this is what I think it is, I can die happy.

@Vice-san: At least one site has a stream of some of the songs, one of those places could be where the other person is listening to it.

Last edited:
I'd buy this online if I had any idea how to buy things online. I assume there is a Japanese branch on Amazon?

I got mine of CDJapan.

First time ever importing anything.

And mine's stuck in my local post office. I only have a delivery attempt notice for my troubles.

So hopefully by tomorrow, I'll be hearing the stuff from a CD instead of a rip of selected Disc 1 songs.

I want to make a note that if you see the same track listed on the CD, it's most likely due to that fact that the game track in question has more than one Anime Remix.

There's also a couple instances of different tracks from different games having the exact same name (like the gen 3 and gen 4 wild Pokemon theme).

But yeah, if two successive tracks have the exact same name, it's because there were multiple anime arrangements of the same game track.

If this is what I think it is, I can die happy.

It's the Gen 3 Gym interior theme. Was that what you wanted?

It's the Gen 3 Gym interior theme. Was that what you wanted?

Gunning for the Gen I gym interior theme, actually, and unfortunately. Ah well, I'll probably get this anyway, since some other choice favorites, like "A Trainer Appears!" is on it.

EDIT: Literally 10 seconds after I typed this, I saw two more Pokemon Gym tracks in the first CD. SO maybe, lol

I hope that someone puts these track up on Youtube soon enough.

EDIT: Literally 10 seconds after I typed this, I saw two more Pokemon Gym tracks in the first CD. SO maybe, lol

Yeah, two arrangements of the Gen 1 gym theme are on there.

For those who didn't figure it out from the titles themselves, disc 1 track 1-29 is Gen 1 music, disc 1 track 30-46 is Gen 2 music, disc 2 track 1-26 is Gen 3 music, and disc 2 track 27-42 is Gen 4 music.

Yeah, two arrangements of the Gen 1 gym theme are on there.

If the songs you're talking about are the ones that play when something awesome is happening (Charmeleon's evolution, Victor and Puka), I just died.

K, gotta figure out how to navigate CDJapan.

Well it's got both Indigo Champion themes, Hoenn Victory Road and Route 206! They're the ones I was hoping for so I'll definitely consider getting this.

I want a sequel with all the anime-only music now. And maybe one with all the movie BGM to follow.

Thanks in advance, Pokémon distributors.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom