• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BackSet's Legends: Arceus thoughts

BackSet

You Could Use Some Imagination
Reaction score
This is a blog made on the suggestion of @takoyaki. Basically, its any random thought I have about Legends: Arceus. Here's a few from my profile posts:

-I love the term "Massive Mass Outbreak" because it's so dumb yet simultaneously so quintessentially Pokemon.
-Okay, I've got to say there's something just a little absurd about (PLA Spoilers (duh)) the amount of times they say die and kill in the first 15 minutes of the game alone. It's like they're intentionally showing off.
- Loving the clear BotW inspiration with their music. Also, also I suck at catching Pokémon.

I've been playing Pokken Tournament again recently so I'm going to make an attempt to tie these two games together: Hisuian Zoroark would make a great character. That or Hisuian Lilligant.

I also can't play Pokken online on my Switch no matter how much I want too but single player battles are fine. I mean, I handled single player Smash for years I can handle this.

Going back too the whole Death thing, I like Cyllene's (how is that pronounced, anyways?) line where she says she'll leave you to "meet your fate — and perhaps your death" because it's a great bait-and-switch. It's like, "Oh so we're doing the never say die thing again okay" and then it turns out that wasn't a euphemism at all.

What's the "never say die thing"?
That period of time where Pokemon games rarely if ever used words like die or kill. Kind of got awkward in X and Y where life and death were heavy themes (though I personally think Destruction Pokemon (Yveltal) and Oblivion Wing sound significantly more threatening than the Japanese Death Pokemon and Death Wing).

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom