• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

I'm getting an annoying ad on the 'pedia. It's for a disney show, and it's one of those "scroll-followers" as I call them- they pop up on the bottom of your screen and stay there- they do not move no matter how much you scroll around. (I had my China and Japan shimeji running at the time the screenshot was taken, but I tried to move them out of the way of the ad so you could see it. Ignore them.)

Annoyingad.png

EDIT: Okay, so I got another one, but this time it randomly expanded without me doing a darn thing. My reaction was "HOLYCRAPWHAT" and then I screenshotted it. No China and Japan this time.

HOLYCRAPWHAT.jpg

Last edited:
It's not just Disney, unfortunately.

BadAdI.png

On the same page, towards the bottom, there was an "acceptable" version of that same ad.

BadAdII.png

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/special_offers/current?utm_source=RocketFuel&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=Orlando <- That's the link I get when I click on the ad, since a mouse-over shows nothing.

The disney ones are the ones that really bother me, they fill up most of the screen, and when yo click the x they just reduce down to the bottom of your window and stay there.

Okay, the Disney problem is known. Find other ads to complain about from now on, guys. x)
Hopefully there won't be many more, though.

^If Archaic doesn't want us complaining about those ads, then he can say so himself. Besides, the more people who complain, the better an idea you get of the situation. If just a few people are having issues, then it's passable, but if every other person is suffering, then you've got an issue.

Anyway, I wasn't going to complain, but this is freakin' ridiculous. I can't even use Bulbapedia anymore!

BadAd.png

It... took up... the entire screen ._. And interestingly, it originally had an 'x' button, but it just kept on getting bigger, until finally the 'x' button disappeared. The ad also make my browser lag, but I guess ads do that.

^If Archaic doesn't want us complaining about those ads, then he can say so himself. Besides, the more people who complain, the better an idea you get of the situation. If just a few people are having issues, then it's passable, but if every other person is suffering, then you've got an issue.

Anyway, I wasn't going to complain, but this is freakin' ridiculous. I can't even use Bulbapedia anymore!

BadAd.png

It... took up... the entire screen ._. And interestingly, it originally had an 'x' button, but it just kept on getting bigger, until finally the 'x' button disappeared. The ad also make my browser lag, but I guess ads do that.

I saw that one too just 5 minutes ago and had to zoom out to get rid of it

No. It's never passable, no matter how many people are having problems.

Having said that, adding "me too" really doesn't help us much. Extra info, like exactly what the link is when you mouseover it or right click and select "Copy Link Location" (or whatever it is in your browser) is a BIG help, since there's no way for us to search for these ads by image alone. That just lets us confirm we've got the right one.

Right, I apologize.

With these ads, there's no mouseover. I can only get a link by clicking on them. This is the link for the ad I just complained about.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Disneyland-Adventures/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5309c1

Looks like the Disney ads are gone. Thanks Archaic!

However...I just got on, and ads for Metal Gear Solid and an anime popped up. I wouldn't know for the anime one, the only anime-related things I watch are Pokemon and clips of Axis Powers Hetalia. But given that kids visit the site, the MGS one shouldn't pop up.

AnotherScreenshot.jpg

The ad itself isn't bad, but I'm saying some kids (like my little brother) might be tempted to play it.

The ad itself isn't a problem because it doesn't display anything restricted - just the box cover. If they are tempted to play the game, then they'll still need to buy it from a store, which is where the rating comes in. The ad itself isn't exposing any children to mature content.

Back
Top Bottom