• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Quite often if I'm not logged in to Bulbanews an ad will block alot of the text in the article I'm viewing.

It doesn't seem to happen anymore, I think this is either because the Bulbanews articles' sizes were changed, or it has already been fixed. So forget I ever said what I said before...

I was browsing Bulbanews and got a three stooges expander. It started at by first rising from the bottom of the screen, then expanded into a trailer. I was unable to get screen shot, but I did get a url. http://www.threestooges.com/#/home It originally took me to double click net, then to the url I posted above.

Last edited:
Please be aware everyone, there's a difference between an "expander" and a "pop-up". Some expander ads you might see are actually legitimate as far as we're concerned. So it's really important that you get screenshots for those as well as the URL. Some expanders are too intrusive and are removed if they get added (and that one described above sounds like it would fall into that category), but others are much more benign (for an example, an ad that expands to a size a bit bigger than the sig images on these forums would be acceptable in most cases, depending on placement).

I just want everyone to know also that we're soon going to be implementing mobile ads, so that those users on mobile devices won't have their experience ruined by what are on their screens relatively huge ads.

Well if someone can tell me how to get a screen shot here, then all go and find that ad again. I know how to take screen shots, but I don't know how to make them show up here.

Well if someone can tell me how to get a screen shot here, then all go and find that ad again. I know how to take screen shots, but I don't know how to make them show up here.

When you reply click "Go Advanced". In the additional options, click "Manage attachments". Add files, Select files and then upload files. Then click either attach inline or Done and the files will be attached to the post.

See the attached pictures to see what the thing looks like.

Attachments

• Forum attachments.png
    Forum attachments.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Forum attachments2.png
    Forum attachments2.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 135

Attachments

• Bad Ad 1.png
    Bad Ad 1.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 96
I came across a small video for Delta Air Lines that pops up in the bottom right corner. It's about 15 or so seconds and has an X to make it disappear, but I didn't know if you wanted those types of video ads.

Thanks for the advice Werdnae

While I have yet to find the stooges one again, I did find this one. While I'm not sure if it's bad or not, it seems similar to some of the other ones I've seen reported here. The link took me to http://green.grabgiftsonline.com/Sp...c3c102f16b29ae5&nm=01wgdfe6krxhar&s=459&se=51 Because the ad did have my actual location on it, I covered it up, or rather I shot it up.

I ran into the same one on Brock's anime page. It sounds like a scam/malware to me.

Hey Archaic, I've been getting quite a few of these expanding Video Clips. They go way by themselves once they finish (making it difficult to get both a screen shot and a link). You guys want these ads or not? If not, then I may end up flooding this thread while breaking some rules in the process. Anyway here's the link for the latest one I've found. I did get a screenshot on my clipboard, but I accidently over wrote it with the url before I could save it.

EDIT, 4/24/2012
http://www.delta.com/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom