• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

Happening to me as well. I can't use the site until it is fixed. I think it happens on Bulbanews as well

Um, uh... Loading... Happened about a minute ago since this post.
That link just leads to a survey.

Also, here is what the ads look like on my iPad:
pgZ4efL.jpg

I'm getting these intrusive ads on pretty much every page of Bulbapedia I go on, making them impossible to navigate and the site completely unusable. Example here.
Screen%20Shot%202016-06-16%20at%2020.45.18_zpslffygveh.png

The video takes up the whole screen. I have used firebug (a fire fox web inspector ad on) and found the video was comming from this url:
//v.connatix.com/c6161164-187d-446b-a155-c58846eb8920/Contents/7103/bf498ea4-3042-4b49-871f-26f4b50e53b8_desktop_low_240_mute.mp4

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-13_11-39-30.png
    upload_2016-7-13_11-39-30.png
    770.4 KB · Views: 5
There's a video ad that pops up on Bulbapedia and obstructs over a fourth of the page, scrolls with the page so that it's always there, and doesn't go away. It acts like one of the ads on the bottom of the page, and it makes the site lag.

i506cimgpsh_orig_zpshpsmvj3v.png~original

yeah, this is some drivel. It happened earlier today as well, refreshing didn't work then, and it proceeds not to work. Pretty funny how people have been complaining about this for over a month and yet no staff have even replied here about it.

Last edited:
I can also say that this same popup ad thing has been extremely annoying. It completely disrupts any attempt to use the wiki for... well... ANYTHING! Only the homepage is immune to it, but to spawns on every other page in the site. Hasn't any staff looked into the matter yet?

i506cimgpsh_orig_zpshpsmvj3v.png~original

yeah, this is some drivel. It happened earlier today as well, refreshing didn't work then, and it proceeds not to work. Pretty funny how people have been complaining about this for over a month and yet no staff have even replied here about it.

It only started happening to me today! This has been going on for over a month?!

I got a few of them as well, but it stopped when I tried the mobile view. I'm sticking exclusively to that until this is resolved. It's starting to look like the 'pedia is completely losing control over its advertisers...

It only started happening to me today! This has been going on for over a month?!
@Neosquid is misinformed, it hasn't been going on for over a month. We had an occurrence of rogue video adverts that happened last month, and the problem ads were dealt with as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, it seems that some similar rogue video ads have once again found their way onto our ad networks' rotations, and we're working diligently to get these ones removed as well.

I got a few of them as well, but it stopped when I tried the mobile view. I'm sticking exclusively to that until this is resolved. It's starting to look like the 'pedia is completely losing control over its advertisers...
Rogue ads happen to pretty much any site that needs to use third-party advertising to stay online, and we do everything we can to keep such rogue ads off Bulbagarden & to get them removed whenever some manage to slip through the cracks. The intense increase of worldwide Pokémon-related internet traffic from the combination of Pokémon's 20th Anniversary, Pokémon GO, and Pokémon Sun and Moon is causing a significant spike in ad issues as companies are trying to cash in on that net traffic.

I guess I was the one in the wrong this time...my bad, then. Yesterday was the first time in a while I used the wiki, so.

@Neosquid is misinformed, it hasn't been going on for over a month. We had an occurrence of rogue video adverts that happened last month, and the problem ads were dealt with as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, it seems that some similar rogue video ads have once again found their way onto our ad networks' rotations, and we're working diligently to get these ones removed as well.

Okay. The issue seems to have been resolved, anyway, I used the site yesterday, and everything was fine. Good job getting it taken care of so quickly!

I'd like to ask about the video ads that are being inserted midway through wiki articles. Are these ads rogue? They seriously impact on user experience when they appear mid-section.

Back
Top Bottom