• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bad Ad Reporting Thread

After navigating for about 20 seconds in the mobile site, I get redirected to a site called y631fx43cl.pw, with a popup message "We detected that your Samsung J7 Prime (my phone model) is 28,1% damaged because of 4 virus of adult sites, then, it will corrupt your SIM Card and delete all your files". You guys seriously need to revise your ads provider to avoid situations like that
It's not just a Bulbagarden problem. There's actually a lot of mobile redirects on a bunch of different sites that normally wouldn't be present on such sites. I'm convinced there's some adware that travels to different sites and can detect mobile connections.

Still, it would definitely help for Bulbagarden to investigate this.

Banner ad for dailybits magazine claims that email registration is the only requirement for entry into their switch lite giveaway. Once you've registered your email you're sprung with an additional referral requirement to be entered into the giveaway. This is a violation of US advertising laws.

Banner ad for dailybits magazine claims that email registration is the only requirement for entry into their switch lite giveaway. Once you've registered your email you're sprung with an additional referral requirement to be entered into the giveaway. This is a violation of US advertising laws.
I've raised your concerns with DailyBits, and they're correcting the wording on their giveaway to eliminate confusion. For the record, email registration (and verification, to prove you're not a spambot) is the only requirement for entry into their giveaway.

Apologies if this is not the correct thread for this, but I've had several ads obscure previous gen egg move information for several Pokemon such as Slurpuff and Dunsparce. There's an example of one such ad below.

Last edited:
I don't know if I should revive this thread or not, but every so often when I just want to quickly look up things on my phone, I get an ad for "Fresh", some new Hulu show. The ad is so big I can't search for anything:

Last edited:
Whenever this ad comes up, clicking on the page at all is treated as clicking on the advertisement. Considering that this rule means that I can't use any links on the page without refreshing, it should probably be looked into.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 9.11.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-23 at 9.11.49 PM.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 6
Whenever this ad comes up, clicking on the page at all is treated as clicking on the advertisement. Considering that this rule means that I can't use any links on the page without refreshing, it should probably be looked into.
Can you provide the URL that the ad directs you to? This will make it much easier for our ad networks to hunt down this rogue ad.

I had the same problem. This is the link it leads to: [LINK REMOVED SO WE DON'T GIVE THEM SEO - Thanks for this. We've passed this on to the ad networks to have it purged. They can be a bit slow to cover these things over the holiday period, but hopefully they'll get this done soon. - Archaic]

Last edited by a moderator:
Do ads normally appear inside of tables? This happened to me earlier and it made the mobile experience really inconvenient for the page I was viewing. Not the worst thing ever, but i wasn't experiencing this before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230130-001915.png
    Screenshot_20230130-001915.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Screenshot_20231215_072652_Chrome.jpg
After being able to browse a page for a few seconds, I sometimes get automatically redirected to an obvious scam.

Last edited:
i'd like to report another scam "advertisement"
i didn't take any screenshots (though i will if i get hit with it again) but there's this popup that will not let you click out of it or even go back (so you cannot exit it without closing the tab entirely) that claims to be from mcafee saying that your computer has been infected with malware; if you don't click out immediately you get hit with more (fake - they're not literal popups, they are part of the popup itself and just look like other popups) "popups" that say various viruses have been detected and then you get redirected to a site trying to sell you (fake) mcafee virus protection for exorbitant amounts of money.

i'd like to report another scam "advertisement"
i didn't take any screenshots (though i will if i get hit with it again) but there's this popup that will not let you click out of it or even go back (so you cannot exit it without closing the tab entirely) that claims to be from mcafee saying that your computer has been infected with malware; if you don't click out immediately you get hit with more (fake - they're not literal popups, they are part of the popup itself and just look like other popups) "popups" that say various viruses have been detected and then you get redirected to a site trying to sell you (fake) mcafee virus protection for exorbitant amounts of money.
I'll let the ad people know. If you can manage to grab screenshots, or better yet the actual URL that the scam ads go to, please send those through to me, they'll make hunting these down a lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom