• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bad Egg glitch discovered

Re: Bad Eggs going around on Wonder Trade

Looks like someone's been using that editor wrong. What I find odd is that it's harmful again. From gens 3-5 it had got less harmful each gen, gen 5 being harmless.

These games were supposed to be unhackable, thanks jerks for ruining it for the other 99% of the Pokémon community :mad:

Great, there goes my way of earning quick Pokemiles for rare candies.

These games were supposed to be unhackable, thanks jerks for ruining it for the other 99% of the Pokémon community :mad:
A lesson to be learned in this: Nothing is unhackable

Surely Game Freak just needs to block Bad Eggs from Wondertrade (or maybe they'll need to send another patch???)

I know initially it seems bad news, but at least this means hacking is coming back, so we will soon get all the info hidden in these games and can use AR to get the Pokemon we want, when we want.

I fail to see how the games being hacked is good news. :/

Because some people like the freedom it brings to play our games and also like to know all the information and what does what etc (does tipping help get shinies etc? what are the catch rates?) to do to unlock the events. I liked having my Shaymin on my journey with me through Sinnoh, or my Houndour through Johto.

But I understand why people like you are afraid, I personally would never put a hack on GTS as that's a douchey move, I only hack in a way that helps me without hurting others.

Hacking for perfect IVs is fine in my opinion though.

Also I don't have wifi as my parents don't want it/ can't afford it and no shops near me ever run events so the only way I can get events that you all enjoy is through Pokesav and my AR, don't begrudge me that. I want the shiny dogs to unlock Zoroark too, I want to do the Celebii/Giovanni event too, hacking allows me too.

Because some people like the freedom it brings to play our games and also like to know all the information and what does what etc (does tipping help get shinies etc? what are the catch rates?) to do to unlock the events. I liked having my Shaymin on my journey with me through Sinnoh, or my Houndour through Johto.

But I understand why people like you are afraid, I personally would never put a hack on GTS as that's a douchey move, I only hack in a way that helps me without hurting others.

People do not just keep it to themselves though. They distribute these hacks to other people over things like Wonder Trade leading to problems like this. This is the problem that hacking the games causes.

I am now slightly worried due to all the Wonder Trading I did on Wednesday.

I don't mind personal hacking (I used to do it with Pokegen and Pokesav and some AR) but yeah, I hope nothing harmful like this goes through Wondertrade or the GTS. I remember messing up with AR on a ROM and it ruined my whole save file with bad eggs.

It's pretty easy to breed for good/perfect IV Pokemon with the access to Friend Safari but I can see why people might not wanna breed. It's still fairly tedious.

Thing is.. these Bad Eggs has supposedly been around ever since the release of the games, as evident by this Youtube video, so I wouldn't fully put the blame on Wonder Trade and people purposely dumping hacked Pokemon on there.

I've heard this is apparently being exaggerated, there was a thread I saw on /vp/ earlier where the original post on GameFaqs about it was brought up, and mentioned the Egg had appeared in the game on its own, not through trading.

Apparently the "replace every Pokemon" glitch isn't what happens, apparently the Egg just multiplies, but it won't "eat" your Pokemon.

Looks like I won't be wonder trading for a while now. I know the chance of getting one of these bad eggs is probably rather small but I would rather just not deal with the potential risk of ruining my entire game; Yes I am that paranoid.

Also I don't have wifi as my parents don't want it/ can't afford it and no shops near me ever run events so the only way I can get events that you all enjoy is through Pokesav and my AR, don't begrudge me that. I want the shiny dogs to unlock Zoroark too, I want to do the Celebii/Giovanni event too, hacking allows me too.

I don't have access to events like the shiny dogs, only wifi ones. I just live without, not ruin the experience for other players. If I spend hours and effort to breed a Shiny 5 IV Adamant Aggron and then EV train it and bring it up to Level 100, then go onto WiFi and face a guy with 6 6 IV EV trained shinies who got them all with the click of a button, how is that fair? And when I take all my non-shiny (but otherwise perfect for competitive battling) 5 IV Adamant Arons and feel like sharing them with others and my game gets corrupted in return, how is that good? And people say data mining is a purely positive use for hacking that provides information without hurting anybody. Yeah, it does hurt - it takes all the magic out of the game. Maybe you want to have a team of 6 perfect shiny Pokemon whenever you want, but I play Pokemon because I love the game. And I would guarantee that Theodosius and I have a stronger bond than the shiny Reshiram named "featherdicklol" that they use, but they'll win the battle anyway because perfect Reshiram.

In short, I don't condone cheating. At all. :/

There are likely 2 causes to this issue:
1. The .pkx file was corrupted somehow, causing it to become a Bad Egg
2. Illegal .pkx files become bad eggs and the game is too stupid to reject the pokemon in the first place

Why would some A**hole want to ruin the best thing that has happened to this series. That's just total BULL****! :boom:

Uh, guys? Are there actually any confirmed instances of Bad Eggs appearing outside of that one guy who was reporting this from long before hacking was ever possible? Because if there aren't, it's highly unlikely Bad Eggs from Wonder Trade due to hacked Pokemon are an actual thing that's happening.

Uh, guys? Are there actually any confirmed instances of Bad Eggs appearing outside of that one guy who was reporting this from long before hacking was ever possible? Because if there aren't, it's highly unlikely Bad Eggs from Wonder Trade due to hacked Pokemon are an actual thing that's happening.
An excellent point you make! I don't have a clue, tbh. Considering the GBATemp editor it's highly probable.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom