• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bad Egg glitch discovered

Re: Bad Eggs going around on Wonder Trade

I fail to see how the games being hacked is good news. :/

Because some people like the freedom it brings to play our games and also like to know all the information and what does what etc (does tipping help get shinies etc? what are the catch rates?) to do to unlock the events. I liked having my Shaymin on my journey with me through Sinnoh, or my Houndour through Johto.

But I understand why people like you are afraid, I personally would never put a hack on GTS as that's a douchey move, I only hack in a way that helps me without hurting others.

Hacking for perfect IVs is fine in my opinion though.

Also I don't have wifi as my parents don't want it/ can't afford it and no shops near me ever run events so the only way I can get events that you all enjoy is through Pokesav and my AR, don't begrudge me that. I want the shiny dogs to unlock Zoroark too, I want to do the Celebii/Giovanni event too, hacking allows me too.

I don't have access to events like the shiny dogs, only wifi ones. I just live without, not ruin the experience for other players. If I spend hours and effort to breed a Shiny 5 IV Adamant Aggron and then EV train it and bring it up to Level 100, then go onto WiFi and face a guy with 6 6 IV EV trained shinies who got them all with the click of a button, how is that fair? And when I take all my non-shiny (but otherwise perfect for competitive battling) 5 IV Adamant Arons and feel like sharing them with others and my game gets corrupted in return, how is that good? And people say data mining is a purely positive use for hacking that provides information without hurting anybody. Yeah, it does hurt - it takes all the magic out of the game. Maybe you want to have a team of 6 perfect shiny Pokemon whenever you want, but I play Pokemon because I love the game. And I would guarantee that Theodosius and I have a stronger bond than the shiny Reshiram named "featherdicklol" that they use, but they'll win the battle anyway because perfect Reshiram.

In short, I don't condone cheating. At all. :/

I can see where you're coming from. I'm actually having a lot of fun playing legit and breeding for IVs and egg moves, though tedious, makes me more attached to my Pokemon due to the hard work.

This is unconfirmed, based on a bit of speculation.

There is a Bad Egg glitch, and we've known about that since launch. Nobody knows what triggers it, but given that it happened to somebody right after release, trading hacked Pokemon evidently is not the cause (or I suppose I should say it isn't the only cause, and isn't known to be a cause).

While I suppose it's possible that this could be triggered by getting a hacked Pokemon in a trade, this strikes me as unlikely for a few reasons, not least that there are unlikely to be many hacked Pokemon out there right now, as very few people currently have the means to hack the game.

Until we're presented with actual evidence of any of this being true, I'd advise people to treat it with the same degree of trustworthiness as your average Mew/truck rumor.

I don't even care if this happens naturally, in-game. The fact that someone has the gall to actually trade these Bad Eggs is absolutely terrible.

Sayonara, Wonder Trade. Looks like I'll be completing my Pokedex the hard way. Better to be safe than sorry, like with the Lumiose glitch.

I don't even care if this happens naturally, in-game. The fact that someone has the gall to actually trade these Bad Eggs is absolutely terrible.
But you can't submit Eggs to the Wonder Trade (or GTS), so I don't see any reason that Bad Eggs should be tradable.

This is unconfirmed, based on a bit of speculation.

There is a Bad Egg glitch, and we've known about that since launch. Nobody knows what triggers it, but given that it happened to somebody right after release, trading hacked Pokemon evidently is not the cause (or I suppose I should say it isn't the only cause, and isn't known to be a cause).

While I suppose it's possible that this could be triggered by getting a hacked Pokemon in a trade, this strikes me as unlikely for a few reasons, not least that there are unlikely to be many hacked Pokemon out there right now, as very few people currently have the means to hack the game.

Until we're presented with actual evidence of any of this being true, I'd advise people to treat it with the same degree of trustworthiness as your average Mew/truck rumor.

Seriously - there are only two groups who have "hacked" the game so far. One group of people found a way to dupe the game into connecting to a fake GTS server, which would allow them to look at a Pokemon's data - however, they have no intention of sending artificially generated Pokemon to others' carts. The second is a super tech-savy guy who tricks the DS using some data on the SD card. He too has no intention of abusing it to send illegitimate Pokemon to others. Right now, the people with the means to hack the game are doing it for purely informational purposes. Just because you don't understand how something works doesn't mean that thing is evil. The simple truth of the matter is that the 3DS is very well encrypted compared to the DS, so only very talented and knowledgeable people are able to hack it, and they have better things to do than be complete jerks to other players.

"BAD EGG"s are glitches. X and Y are running on completely new hardware from the last gen, so GF hasn't figured out all the ins and outs of the 3DS yet. If anyone gets one, the only thing they can do is send it into Nintendo. (Though, to be fair - Game Freak would actually be the ones who knew what was happening. Best plan of action would probably be to ask them how serious the problem and if anything can be done first, if you can, though legally Nintendo is the only one who can try to fix the cart.:mad: )

Sayonara, Wonder Trade. Looks like I'll be completing my Pokedex the hard way. Better to be safe than sorry, like with the Lumiose glitch.

Just thought of something. Would it even be possible to trade Bad Eggs, though?
It doesn't seem like something that would be able to go through Wondertrade in the first place.

I fail to see how the games being hacked is good news. :/

Because some people like the freedom it brings to play our games and also like to know all the information and what does what etc (does tipping help get shinies etc? what are the catch rates?) to do to unlock the events. I liked having my Shaymin on my journey with me through Sinnoh, or my Houndour through Johto.

But I understand why people like you are afraid, I personally would never put a hack on GTS as that's a douchey move, I only hack in a way that helps me without hurting others.

Hacking for perfect IVs is fine in my opinion though.

Also I don't have wifi as my parents don't want it/ can't afford it and no shops near me ever run events so the only way I can get events that you all enjoy is through Pokesav and my AR, don't begrudge me that. I want the shiny dogs to unlock Zoroark too, I want to do the Celebii/Giovanni event too, hacking allows me too.
I have no problem with people using cheating devices to get event legends or shinies and use them on their games but the people that use cheating devices to create perfect IV pokemon teams and then use such pokemon on online battles are the ones that seriously piss off me . It's really unfair for people such as me that like to play like the game the legit way and spend days breeding and ev training pokemon to create a viable online pokemon team while some random person just clicks a few buttons on a cheating device and boom it does the work that i did but in a few seconds.

But you can't submit Eggs to the Wonder Trade (or GTS), so I don't see any reason that Bad Eggs should be tradable.
They're possibly recognised as a Pokemon, rather than just an egg, since they're a glitch.

This thread seems to detail how a 'Bad Egg' can be tradeable.

It's highly unlikely this has anything due to hacking and is just a glitch in tge game. AND that's assuming it is even true in the first place, which I doubt.

I'd like to point out the only video that shows these bad eggs (here) was made on the XY release date, over two weeks before hackers had figured out anything about the games. Bad eggs are definitely not the work of the hackers who recently uncovered the .pkx format and revealed the event legends.

And it was the ONLY report of bad eggs, out of thousands of people conducting Wonder Trades every day since. So, not a glitch - has to be some sort of isolated incident. Unless we see more reports of bad eggs, Wonder Trades are still safe.

Hi there. I'm Codemonkey85, creator of the editor as you've seen posted (not by me) on GBATemp.

Looks like someone's been using that editor wrong.

That would be pretty impressive considering the editor has nothing to do with injecting the Pokemon, or the fact that it encrypts everything correctly to begin with.

Just because you don't understand how something works doesn't mean that thing is evil.

Please convince the entire internet of that?

Please convince the entire internet of that?

That'd be about as easy as teaching the general public that chemicals are not by default bad.

I wish there was some concrete info on the whole bad egg/mystery egg stuff that's been popping up. From what I've seen people who are a bit more knowledgeable saying, it likely isn't the result of people toying around with the pokemons values, so I have to really wonder what the circumstances are that lead up to the eggs so those circumstances can more easily be avoided.

Until then I'm probably not going to be dumping my iv breeding left overs into the wonder trade, but when (if) I feel confident that it's safe again, I've got almost a box of skarmory that wants to say hello to some lucky trainers.

Yeah, um, this story screams "hey, I'm that rumour about Blue Charizards and Venustoises!". I highly doubt a bad egg can be traded over WT, considering I can't even put a NORMAL egg on there. With all of GF's anti-hack measures online in recent years it would seem highly unlikely they'd be able to go through the Wonder Trade system in the first place. I'm going to continue wonder trading at my own 'risk', but since we know the mystery eggs can be generated on their own merely by error, I see no reason to be concerned.

In short; People, don't stop wonder trading! This being spawned from that lovely feature is about as credible as the Mossdeep Spaceship.

I don't mind people who cheat their own games. But giving those to other people WITHOUT TELLING THEM IN ADVANCE AND GIVING THEM THE OPTION TO SAY NO (which Wonder Trade and GTS and such don't really allow) or using them in competitions really angers me. I worked really hard to get my 31/30/20/31/27/29 Modest Hydreigon in gen 5, but the fact is it's practically useless because it isn't cheated/RNG'd to have all 31s, despite having amazing IVs for a Pokémon not obtained by those methods in that generation. I was really looking forward to X and Y as the "everyone on an equal playing field" generation, but it seems like people have to go and ruin that. Even if it hasn't happened yet, it's seeming like it will soon.

Everyone should take heed of the warning of Rhunön from the Inheritance series (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance): "When you can have anything you want by uttering a few words, the goal matters not, only the journey to it." Such wise words are surprisingly applicable in Pokémon, as I began to realize a while back. If you can have anything you want with no effort, everything loses its meaning and becomes boring. Why bother doing anything when you can just hit a few buttons and get whatever you possibly ever want? Take that lesson to heart before you get too into cheating.

Okay, that's nice. But RNG isn't cheating or hacking and there's no evidence this supposed glitch is caused by hacking

Yeah, um, this story screams "hey, I'm that rumour about Blue Charizards and Venustoises!". I highly doubt a bad egg can be traded over WT, considering I can't even put a NORMAL egg on there. With all of GF's anti-hack measures online in recent years it would seem highly unlikely they'd be able to go through the Wonder Trade system in the first place. I'm going to continue wonder trading at my own 'risk', but since we know the mystery eggs can be generated on their own merely by error, I see no reason to be concerned.

In short; People, don't stop wonder trading! This being spawned from that lovely feature is about as credible as the Mossdeep Spaceship.

'Bad Egg' is a name, it's not actually an egg.

I know, but it's also not a Pokemon either. You can't put Bad Eggs on the GTS, as an example. I doubt they can go on Wonder Trade either; why only have one online service that uses checks?

'Bad Egg' is a name, it's not actually an egg

Imagine if it was though, and it hatched into, like, a Missingno. or M' because it wasn't given the code for which pokemon to hatch into.

'Bad Egg' is a name, it's not actually an egg

Imagine if it was though, and it hatched into, like, a Missingno. or M' because it wasn't given the code for which pokemon to hatch into.

That'd be awesome. I wonder if they even have a placeholder image, like Missingno, this generation?

As far as I can tell it's blank PKX data (all 00s) with a bad checksum. There's no species and there's 0 steps remaining until it hatches. Since that value will never "reach 0", it is my theory that these are unhatchable.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom