• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bad Egg glitch discovered

Bad Egg glitch update video.

Some new points about the glitch:

1. It may be related to his SD card, since it's on both of his copies of X and Y.
2. They appear randomly, 12-15 times, in specified box locations (which he didn't bother going over). More will be created if you move those eggs.
3. If you have a Pokemon in those box spots, they will be overwritten and they will be gone forever.
4. His are unable to be traded, internet or local.
5. His are unable to be Wonder Traded. His were not received through Wonder Trade, he just gets his randomly around the time he gets to the first Pokemon Centre.
6. His are unhatchable.

I'm so scared right now.

Do you get the Mystery Egg immediately after you use Wonder Trade or can you get it days after your last use? As of right now, I don't have any Mystery Eggs but I'm worried one might appear out of nowhere in the coming days since I used Wonder Trade so much a couple days ago.

Have you been following this thread or did you just read the first couple of posts then panic, because if you read the last page or two you would know there only appears to be 1 verified case of someone getting bad eggs, and it happened the day after release and had nothing to do with wonder trades.

1. It may be related to his SD card, since it's on both of his copies of X and Y.
2. They appear randomly, 12-15 times, in specified box locations (which he didn't bother going over). More will be created if you move those eggs.
3. If you have a Pokemon in those box spots, they will be overwritten and they will be gone forever.
5. His are unable to be Wonder Traded. His were not received through Wonder Trade, he just gets his randomly around the time he gets to the first Pokemon Centre.
6. His are unhatchable.

Those particular details are the most important to drill into people's heads at this point. This thing does happen, but at least we have evidence that the eggs cannot be traded (which makes perfect sense).

The overwriting of Pokemon thing had been floating around, mind. So it seems that much was correct. Even so, the issue is still not a huge threat since we still only have a single verified outbreak.

6. His are unhatchable.

Those particular details are the most important to drill into people's heads at this point. This thing does happen, but at least we have evidence that the eggs cannot be traded (which makes perfect sense).

The overwriting of Pokemon thing had been floating around, mind. So it seems that much was correct. Even so, the issue is still not a huge threat since we still only have a single verified outbreak.

His aren't, he has no idea about the other ones supposedly being Wonder Traded. He's only talking about his situation, so it's not discountable just yet. His bad eggs might be different to other bad eggs, who knows?

I guess it is possible, though I was under the assumption that most bad EGGs in any given generation tended to act the same way across the board. It may well not be the case.

Hm...so...Any ideas if or when Nintendo or Game Freak will make a statement on this?

This sounds a whole lot like a hardware problem.

The bad eggs he showed in the first video look like what you'd get from interpreting all NUL bytes (all zeroes) as a Pokémon. And they appear in the same place every time. So I would guess: bad RAM, and he needs a new 3DS.

SD card is very unlikely to be the problem, since everything on it is encrypted (and, aiui, with a different key each time) and corrupt encrypted data is rather unlikely to produce all zeroes when decrypted.

So... we're all freaked out over one guy's busted console.

I'm not really afraid of this. After reading the most posts here i think it's unnecessary panicking, like the ones in RL when another influenza (e.g "bird flu") virus is going around. You get it or not, if it really "spreads" or something like that.

This sounds a whole lot like a hardware problem.
So... we're all freaked out over one guy's busted console.

This sound plausible and like something people can rely on

This won't stop me from Wonder Trading, but it's good to be aware of the Bad Eggs in the system.

As someone who spends a considerable amount of time breeding pokemon and constantly has to put up with eggs this is nice information to know.
Thank you!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom