• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bad habits you have

One of my bad habits involves me talking to myself when other people are nearby. This only happens if I'm unaware of their presence, but it's occurred on multiple occasions, much to my embarrassment.

I have a bad habit of biting my lips when I'm nervous. If not my lips, I bite my fingernails. Of course, this also happens if I'm angry or some other negative emotion.

Forget to brush my teeth recently. I also have a habit of talking to myself, but this is too rude in public places, even a common thing for such an Otaku.

I procrastinate a lot....I am stubborn and I don't get along well with most people cuz I make opinions about them before I even talk to them...I bite my inner lip a lot and I have a really bad habit of putting a line of sarcasm into everything I say...That makes me a'bad' kid..

My stubbornness. Yesterday I went to driving school, they forced me to use emergency brakes everywhere, but I don't.

I am a horrible procrastinator. Like, seriously. I always tell myself that I'm going to get something done, but I end up putting it off for later. ~_~ And yes, I've tried telling myself "I will do something to alleviate this procrastination", but that worked about as well as you'd expect.

.___. One day, though.

Oh my gosh, the perfect topic. Let's start with I spend way too much time sitting at a computer. ... :S

Quite a few:
  • Biting my nails and the skin around them.
  • Pacing while I'm talking on the phone or listening to music on my iPod.
  • Picking at scabs.
  • Procrastination.
  • Talking with my hands (Even when I'm on the phone and the other person can't see me. >>;)
  • tumblr (I both love it and hate it.)

I sleep terribly, bite my nails (and dead skin and sores), procrastinate, let relationships escalate quickly, and bite my lips.

* trying to finish projects all in one day, once I start something I have a habit of always trying to finish it in one day even if it's a giant project.
* chewing on pens, and other odd objects for some reason
* staying up too late before falling asleep
* napping at night
* talking to myself too often.

I have this habit of twisting up my hair and making a weird fart noise with my mouth.

Also, popping my fingers joints and such.

1) Procrastination: I will usually get things done that I need to by the time its due, but if there is no due date, then problems really develop.

2) Biting: I bit my lips and my fingers.....no, not my fingernails, I mean the skin on my fingers.

3) Talking to myself: I do it all the time, and most people will be like "Um, Are you ok." and then I am just like "What? Oh, yeah, Im fine. Im not crazy, I swear! <_< O_O >_>"

4) Speeding: Ok, not entirely harmless, but I am a good enough driver, and I dont speed when in urban areas or when its bad weather out, but when I am in rural areas far away from other cars and people and I am listening to the right music then I will drive faster than the limit.

Fingernail biting, procrastination, and talking to myself(not that often, I swear!)

I clench my jaw a lot, and have to actively force it to relax when i realise it is clenched.

I adjust my nose rings a lot and it looks like i'm picking my nose

I've been a nail biter for as long as I can humanly remember - if anything, I think the habit has only gotten WORSE since I hit my 20s.

A big problem is that the habit is now so deeply-ingrained that I can do it without even thinking - usually, I'm focussing upon something else and then don't even realise that I've been chewing my nail until it's already hanging off my finger. I've tried those bitter-tasting nail varnishes, but they've rarely gotten me anywhere - the compulsion to bite is so strong that I can apparently endure the taste of anything. :p

Try putting band-aids on your fingers, that way you can't bite them.

Anyway, my worst habit is definitely procrastinating. I'll also occasionally talk to myself, but that's pretty harmless.

I have some, starting with procrastination.. I'm Lazy Queen when it comes to work T_T, no wonder I broke too much deadlines in school or stayed awake till morning because I slacked off the whole month it was given to do the project or work.
The worst one is bitting my nails, I'm an anxious person so this bad habit has been in my since I can remember, I get anxious or nervous and I'll start to do it. I tried to stop several times, and I manage to, my nails get a little long but later even without realizing I bit my nails again. I'm supposed to have beautiful and manicured nails but I just can't beat this habit >_<.

Try putting band-aids on your fingers, that way you can't bite them.
Great tip! Unfortunately it doesn't work outside, I can't work like that. I'll do it at home <3.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom