• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ban Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the glitch is caused by the blogs.
They got a big upgrade and chances are, a glitch made by this update..

Yeah, I posted a blog entry yesterday and replied to it. Also another one today and have replied to it. And I'm yet to recieve this ban glitch. So it can't be that... :/

I believe I have found where the glitch activates!

Has any of us happen to have replied on a blog or post one before we got this ban glitch?

Nope. I got it randomly when I tried to go to a forum.

it is starting to seem upgrading the forums was a big mistake with serious glitches like these

it is starting to seem upgrading the forums was a big mistake with serious glitches like these

We expected glitches like these from the beginning. They're ultimately minor and harmless, and have no lasting consequences.

Yeah, this happened to me too. I had my heart go cold for a good second when I thought I was banned for real. D:

This thing, at least for me, only appear when entering this address: bulbagarden.net/index.php
When going for bulbagarden.net/forum.php, there is no "glitch".

(And of course bmgf.bulbagarden but it wouldn't let me post without turning the word "index" to "forum".)

Oh thank fuck, I was like what, my account, disabled? Then I went to my profile clicked the main page, and voila it worked. Heart didn't just skipped a beat, it leaped a couple.

I have yet to see this ban thing, but Bulba regularly tells me I don't exist. :/ Although, just this morning it told me I wasn't allowed to view the forums. :( Thankfully it goes away with either a refresh or I have to leave the site and come back.

I will totally be on the look out for this

Yeah, it keeps telling me I don't exist.
YOU'RE SO POLITE, BMGf. I HAVE FEELINGS TOO.

Many times today when I have selected the website from my bookmarks list I have recieved a message saying
you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I think that this isn't the same message as the ban glitch. After I see the message I normally click on the Bulbagarden forums logo which allows me view the main forums page.

Many times today when I have selected the website from my bookmarks list I have recieved a message saying

I think that this isn't the same message as the ban glitch. After I see the message I normally click on the Bulbagarden forums logo which allows me view the main forums page.

Yeah, this same thing has been happening to me... It worried me, the first time, though, so I'm such an idiot.

Well, every time I try to enter the forums, I get up the "Your account don't have the rights... etc. etc." message. Probably the same problem as the Ban glitch, but with a different message. It's just a bit annoying.

Besides, the occasional 503 and timeouts are way more annoying...

Have you updated your bookmarks since the forums were upgraded? I believe the url changed with the upgrade, and the old url may now be used for a page which is restricted to mods and higher.

Could be, my bookmark is /index.php, so that could explain it, because it doesn't give me any problems with /forum.php.

That's been happening to me every time I log in, but it just started today. But all I have to do is go to any other page (usually I just go to Forums) and the message goes away for the rest of the time I'm logged in.

And yes, as someone asked a few posts ago, I did change my bookmark after I kept getting that message a few times. As far as I know, that's fixed my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom