• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bank and Missingno

ChillinMcMillan

Rocket Executive
Reaction score
Pokemon Bank has just been updated! Is anyone willing to try out if Missingno transfers over?

Pity. The possibility of transferring glitch Mews is half the reason I was considering a VC purchase in the first place. Guess there's not much point in RBY VC aside from nostalgia.
On the contrary, there are a lot of moves certain Pokémon could only learn in Gen I, and certain rare hidden abilities also have the potential to become more widespread. There could very well be utility in it for competitive players.

On the contrary, there are a lot of moves certain Pokémon could only learn in Gen I, and certain rare hidden abilities also have the potential to become more widespread. There could very well be utility in it for competitive players.

Oh right, I forgot about that. Might be a wait and see on that, though.

Learned all that the hard way. HAs, Mew can't be transferred, the dream of No Guard Fissure Machamp is dead, sad times.

Has anyone gotten a shiny from Gen 1 bank? I really wanna know if it's possible or if they're shiny-locked.

Anyone notice that we didn't get the National Dex alongside Bank?

Anyone notice that we didn't get the National Dex alongside Bank?

We did actually. I couldn't find it at first either, but you gotta press Y (inside Bank) ;)

And you have to press Y once with every game you insert to update the dex with the mons from that game.

Has anyone gotten a shiny from Gen 1 bank? I really wanna know if it's possible or if they're shiny-locked.
I've taken a look at the twitter of a dataminer, according to him, shinies can appear. BUT, they are calculated weirdly. If that same code were to be used on Gen2, for example, the shiny pokemon would revert to a normal pokemon. I think.
He used very technical terms, soooo I have no idea how it works. The twitter of the guy is @SciresM.

I've taken a look at the twitter of a dataminer, according to him, shinies can appear. BUT, they are calculated weirdly. If that same code were to be used on Gen2, for example, the shiny pokemon would revert to a normal pokemon. I think.
He used very technical terms, soooo I have no idea how it works. The twitter of the guy is @SciresM.

I saw from Serebii.

"Shiny - Based on the IVs of the Pokémon in Generation 1: 10 in Attack, Special & Speed and Defense a multiple of 2 = Shiny"

Apparently what differs from from calculating Gen 1 shinies into Gen 2 is that Attack and Defense are swapped.

I have a question... so, the game gets rid of Mew if you got it using the mew glitch, but does it also get rid of other Pokémon obtained using this method? I had been using it a lot to get Pokémon I couldn't obtain in my version, and even ended up using a magmar that I got this way. If I can't transfer that magmar, I'll be a little sad. Not heartbroken, but... a little sad. Anyone able to confirm or deny this?

but does it also get rid of other Pokémon obtained using this method?
People have been theorizing that the game checks for Mew specifically, it it has x OT and x ID Number, to the one that was distributed. The other ones, I don't think so.

I found something regarding Missingno. Obviously, you can't migrate it, but it does have side effects for your non-glitched mons.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom