• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!
  • Hello all! The staff is planning a restructuring to the forums on April 11th. Please see this announcement thread for details.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here:

Banned Avatars

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
Is there a difference between when a person is banned and you can still see there avatar and when a person is banned and you can no longer see there avatar?

Hello.
Reaction score
I was wondering this too. Is it some sort of, Perma-Ban/Non Perma-Ban thing?

Poet Laureate
Reaction score
We aren't quite sure to be honest. I don't think there is a distinction.

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
Does it have to do with whether the avatar is provided by Bmgf?
Because I think I've only seen avatars on a banned user if they had the avatar available to us in the User CP.

Aurora
Reaction score
I often see this on other forums. Their title says "banned," and their page is unable to be posted on.

But, that user could be using the title "banned" and be confusing others.

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
Well, their name was crossed out and everything. They had the same Japanese Usertitle and it meant the same thing.

Poet Laureate
Reaction score
We are not sure. There was a topic on this a while back, so you might be able to glean something from that.

Vanishment th!s world
Reaction score
i think when his/her avatar still in the profile, he isn't perma-banned yet.. but vice versa, means that he/she is permabanned

<FONT FACE=”vivaldi”>Boo.</FONT FACE>
Reaction score
I know of at least two perma-banned users who still have their avatars.

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
I know of at least two perma-banned users who still have their avatars.
What are the avatars? Are they HGSS sprites that they have in the User CP for people to use?

<FONT FACE=”vivaldi”>Boo.</FONT FACE>
Reaction score
No, they aren't.

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
Oh, that's interesting, then.
Maybe it has to do with the reasons behind their banning

Mari-yo Puyo
Reaction score
I am guessing that if the avatar comes from a website (hotlinked), then it will still be around, but if the avatar is uploaded, then it will not be seen, due to the disable effect. I am not sure, but like I say, it's a guess on my part.

Thanks for reading.

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score
I am guessing that if the avatar comes from a website (hotlinked), then it will still be around, but if the avatar is uploaded, then it will not be seen, due to the disable effect. I am not sure, but like I say, it's a guess on my part.
Nah, that's not it. Once you use an avatar, it's uploaded and saved onto the database.

There are several different ways to ban a user; one is by a culmination of infraction points, the other is to manually change the user's group from "registered" to "banned". Depending on which method is used, a banned user's avatar may or may not remain.

黒い王様
Reaction score
There's actually several different banned usergroups specified in our back end currently, it's probably a discrepancy there. It's something we need to fix up when we go to vB4.