• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Banned Avatars

Buzz

My friends are my power!
Reaction score
Is there a difference between when a person is banned and you can still see there avatar and when a person is banned and you can no longer see there avatar?

I was wondering this too. Is it some sort of, Perma-Ban/Non Perma-Ban thing?

Does it have to do with whether the avatar is provided by Bmgf?
Because I think I've only seen avatars on a banned user if they had the avatar available to us in the User CP.

I often see this on other forums. Their title says "banned," and their page is unable to be posted on.

But, that user could be using the title "banned" and be confusing others.

Well, their name was crossed out and everything. They had the same Japanese Usertitle and it meant the same thing.

We are not sure. There was a topic on this a while back, so you might be able to glean something from that.

i think when his/her avatar still in the profile, he isn't perma-banned yet.. but vice versa, means that he/she is permabanned

I know of at least two perma-banned users who still have their avatars.

I know of at least two perma-banned users who still have their avatars.

What are the avatars? Are they HGSS sprites that they have in the User CP for people to use?

Oh, that's interesting, then.
Maybe it has to do with the reasons behind their banning

I am guessing that if the avatar comes from a website (hotlinked), then it will still be around, but if the avatar is uploaded, then it will not be seen, due to the disable effect. I am not sure, but like I say, it's a guess on my part.

Thanks for reading.

I am guessing that if the avatar comes from a website (hotlinked), then it will still be around, but if the avatar is uploaded, then it will not be seen, due to the disable effect. I am not sure, but like I say, it's a guess on my part.

Nah, that's not it. Once you use an avatar, it's uploaded and saved onto the database.

There are several different ways to ban a user; one is by a culmination of infraction points, the other is to manually change the user's group from "registered" to "banned". Depending on which method is used, a banned user's avatar may or may not remain.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom