• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Basic Avatar/Banner Editing

Rainami

beseech the stars
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to helping people with basic avatar editing they need done. If you happen to find an image that you want to make an avatar out of, but said image needs some sort of work done, post it here and explain what you need done. We do four basic things here:

• Cropping
  • Resizing
  • Rendering (making a background transparent)
  • Adding a border

if you want more complicated work done, I recommend checking out a shop that does it, which can be found in the art shop section.

Cropping is basically to cut off parts of an image. I'll provide an example.

800px-Penelope_Sylveon.png

A decent avatar could be made out of this Sylveon image, but there's too much grass. I want the avatar to be just of Sylveon. It's also pretty huge, and while the forum can automatically resize images, it can lower the quality very significantly.

sylveoncropped99_zpsc32c3b25.png~original

As you can see, I cut the image into a square so it focuses more on Sylveon. That's what "cropping" is. I also made it a lot smaller while maintaining decent quality.

Here's an example of rendering:

spoinkwhitebackground3_zps7734f3b9.png~original

This picture of Spoink has a white background...

spoinktransparent12_zpseb5acb65.png~original

But now it's transparent, which looks better.

I think borders are pretty self explanatory, I may edit in an example later. If you have an image you want edited, please post it here and clearly explain what you want done to it. Regarding rendering, some things are more difficult to render than others, the more difficult images requiring more time. Please clarify what dimensions you want it to have.

After you make a request here, whichever one of us attendants responds to you first will be the one to edit your avatar for you. We should be quick about it, and we'll mention you in the thread when the avatar is done.

Note to attendants: if you're too busy/unable to complete the avatar quickly, please do not take up a job. Make sure you post before starting the avatar, otherwise we may have multiple people working on the same thing at the same time.

List of Attendants:
@JustJeff
@White Crow
@Zeb
@Dolce
@Life

You can sign up if you wish to help, you obviously must be able to edit images, and specify what you use to do so. As long as each one is done within a few hours, at absolute most, we'll be good.

Credit for the thread idea goes to @Reila;

Edit: we can now do the same thing with banners or any other signature images you want, because
360.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Basic Avatar Editing

Mind if I join the crew? Lol
I can make profile pictures or Avatars~ I don't like to brag (Lies!) but here are some of my profile pics I made for some other website ;)

56555645_zpsd9ac3d75.png
kizutsuku_by_kandasama-d527n4t_zps800242c2.jpg
version3kurosagi_zps60806907.jpg

Third and second pic needs some sharpening! D:
I can do everything stated above x-Cept prob the rendering. I can do some rendering but I prefer to use an already Set Render.
Profile pics and Avatars are pretty easy to make sooooo.....? o_O

Also, I think the 1st post can get enhanced in more ways than 1.
(Talk to me if you want my opinion~ *Happy Face*)

Mind if I join the crew? Lol
I can make profile pictures or Avatars~ I don't like to brag (Lies!) but here are some of my profile pics I made for some other website ;)

56555645_zpsd9ac3d75.png
kizutsuku_by_kandasama-d527n4t_zps800242c2.jpg
version3kurosagi_zps60806907.jpg

Third and second pic needs some sharpening! D:
I can do everything stated above x-Cept prob the rendering. I can do some rendering but I prefer to use an already Set Render.
Profile pics and Avatars are pretty easy to make sooooo.....? o_O

Also, I think the 1st post can get enhanced in more ways than 1.
(Talk to me if you want my opinion~ *Happy Face*)
Seems legit. You're in. There will be some limit to how many people can join, I probably won't accept many more.

Feel free to VM me about the OP if you want.

I wonder if there will be any requests soon.

Hooray for being the first customer!

As long as it wont look bad, try to make it the same size as the avatar I am currently using. Also, make the background transparent.

awdv61.png

As long as it wont look bad, try to make it the same size as the avatar I am currently using. Also, make the background transparent.

awdv61.png

I've got you buddy!

awdv61Try1_zps18b7bfc8.png
awdv61Try2_zps6750823f.png
awdv61Try3_zpsd969f7e0.png

#1 Added a Background to Request
#2 Accepted Request
#3 Request Zoomed-In

Plz Save & Re-Host
Of course, if you don't like any, then its all good~ (But at least tell me you don't ._.)

awdv61.png

I've got you buddy!

#2 Accepted Request
#3 Request Zoomed-In

Plz Save & Re-Host
Of course, if you don't like any, then its all good~ (But at least tell me you don't ._.)

I don't like those avatars. No offense to you, really. I'm just very picky with what I want, and sometimes, it's hard to achieve that. ^^;

I appreciate you trying, though! :)

awdv61.png

I've got you buddy!

#2 Accepted Request
#3 Request Zoomed-In

Plz Save & Re-Host

I don't like those avatars. No offense to you, really. I'm just very picky with what I want, and sometimes, it's hard to achieve that. ^^;

I appreciate you trying, though! :)

What would you like improved in it? Maybe have the top of Pipit's head not cut off? I could take over, unless @JustTheFx; wants to continue. I'm fine with either option.

majora__s_mask_by_doctor_g-d3d0iuy.png

Hi, would it be possible to get help making this picture transparent and possibly also a little larger?

Last edited:

@Oras;

I hate to say it, but the attachment is broken. :/

Hello hello, you lovely people. If possible, I would love it if someone could make it so that most of what's not his face is gone. Image.

Pretty much just make it transparent, please. Thanks!

Hello hello, you lovely people. If possible, I would love it if someone could make it so that most of what's not his face is gone. Image.

Pretty much just make it transparent, please. Thanks!
Yeah I can get on that.

Edit:

@Life;

I wasn't totally sure what you meant by face so I did two variations, I assume you probably meant the top one though. The bottom image of each fits within the 120 pixels² avatar limit this forum has.

dudetransparent1211_zpsf27be589.png~original

[noparse]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/SuperSeaking/dudetransparent1211_zpsf27be589.png~original[/noparse]

dudetransparentbmgf12_zps0b1d0250.png~original

[noparse]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/SuperSeaking/dudetransparentbmgf12_zps0b1d0250.png~original[/noparse]

dudefacetransparent21_zps06917958.png~original

[noparse]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/SuperSeaking/dudefacetransparent21_zps06917958.png~original[/noparse]

dudefacetransparent22_zps83fd186e.png~original

[noparse]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/SuperSeaking/dudefacetransparent22_zps83fd186e.png~original[/noparse]

I hope those meet your expectations. If they don't I can tweak them some more.

Last edited:

Yeah I can get on that.

Edit:

@Life;

I wasn't totally sure what you meant by face so I did two variations, I assume you probably meant the top one though. The bottom image of each fits within the 120 pixels² avatar limit this forum has.

dudetransparent1211_zpsf27be589.png~original

[noparse]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/SuperSeaking/dudetransparent1211_zpsf27be589.png~original[/noparse]

dudetransparentbmgf12_zps0b1d0250.png~original

[noparse]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/SuperSeaking/dudetransparentbmgf12_zps0b1d0250.png~original[/noparse]

dudefacetransparent21_zps06917958.png~original

[noparse]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/SuperSeaking/dudefacetransparent21_zps06917958.png~original[/noparse]

dudefacetransparent22_zps83fd186e.png~original

[noparse]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i343/SuperSeaking/dudefacetransparent22_zps83fd186e.png~original[/noparse]

I hope those meet your expectations. If they don't I can tweak them some more.

I love it! Thanks so much!

Wish this thread was here earlier. :p

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom