• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: Battle Center Discussion #8: Favorite Non-OU Metagames

Angad

Prayers to Oak Creek
Reaction score
Battle Center Discussion #8: Favorite Non-OU Metagames

It's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry for the delay, but it is time to get back in the swing of things. This week's topic is what unconventional (just not Overused) tiers are preferred overall and why? Feel free to discuss and debate (civilly) the strengths, along with flaws of certain metagames.

Personally, DPP UU has to be my favorite tier of all time, not just to personal success in it, but everything in it felt right. I was able to experiment with how my teams were set up and what they were based off of. It always had variety and no real overcentralizing preference. Venusaur was good, but not unstoppable with Pokemon like Blaziken around, and Blaziken in turn was stopped by Milotic, and so on.

Doubles during DPP also holds a special spot in my heart due to just how fast paced and methodical it ended up being.

Currently, I'd have to choose the RU tier as it has enough variety, without weather or superpowerful pokemon in the way

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom