• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Battle Frontier

Reaction score
1614380987126.png

Will it make a comeback? :bulbaWave: Will Masuda only give us false promises once more? :bulbaFacepalm: Will it be the Battle Chateau all over again? :confused: Or will we follow in HGSS' footsteps? :enzap:

If they didn't bring it back in OR/AS I don't see why they'd bring it back in these games. Especially since from what I've seen the Sinnoh BF was generally less popular among older players than the Hoenn BF. Even ignoring the fact that we were literally told that these are faithful D/P remakes, I thought Masuda already explained why the Hoenn BF wasn't in the Hoenn remakes and I can't see him or the rest of the company changing their tune now.

Battle Frontier has as much chance of returning as difficulty options being added to the series (and no, that BW2 nonsense doesn't count.). Specially since the Battle Frontier has to be made from scratch since they can't just copy and paste it from Platinum.

Last edited:
View attachment 140347

Will it make a comeback? :bulbaWave: Will Masuda only give us false promises once more? :bulbaFacepalm: Will it be the Battle Chateau all over again? :confused: Or will we follow in HGSS' footsteps? :enzap:
ORAS didn't have the Battle Frontier. I wouldn't expect more than Battle Tower.
I wouldn’t even expect a Battle Tower at this point. Not only can they not copy-paste the one from SwSh, but with Junichi “kids won’t play post-game content because smartphones” Masuda still involved he might convince the new studio that adapting even the Battle Tower is a waste of time.

I wouldn’t even expect a Battle Tower at this point. Not only can they not copy-paste the one from SwSh, but with Junichi “kids won’t play post-game content because smartphones” Masuda still involved he might convince the new studio that adapting even the Battle Tower is a waste of time.
I don’t see any reason to be this pessimistic. Even ORAS had a battle facility with pretty much the same rules as the Battle Tower. DP had a Battle Tower; I think we can expect to see one here as well.

I'd like it, and it would probably be enough to push me into the games since I'd love the modern team-building conveniences with a proper post-game...
But I expect a copy/paste tower from Sw/Sh with Palmer instead of Leon. BF is probably dead forever.

I don’t see any reason to be this pessimistic. Even ORAS had a battle facility with pretty much the same rules as the Battle Tower. DP had a Battle Tower; I think we can expect to see one here as well.
Funnily enough, the Maison thing is exactly what led to my conclusion. They copy-pasted that facility into ORAS with the exact same single player rosters and trainer class looks. Unless BDSP has all of the Pokémon from base SwSh (everything that wasn’t in the DLC) coded in, they can’t copy-paste SwSh’s Battle Tower. Adding Masuda’s opinion on challenging post-game content to the mix leaves me skeptical about us getting even DP’s Battle Tower.

On a less doom-and-gloom note, we aren’t even sure ILCA will be able to program a rudimentary Battle Facility. That’s actually a more realistic reason for the Battle Tower’s potential exclusion than anything I’ve said prior. At the very most, I don’t expect it to work like previous Battle Towers should we get it in BDSP at all.

Predictions: Only the Battle Tower.

Palmer has to be in the game as the Tower Tycoon. Also, I can see the Stat Trainers coming back as Battle Tower Multi Partners after you complete their quests.

Funnily enough, the Maison thing is exactly what led to my conclusion. They copy-pasted that facility into ORAS with the exact same single player rosters and trainer class looks. Unless BDSP has all of the Pokémon from base SwSh (everything that wasn’t in the DLC) coded in, they can’t copy-paste SwSh’s Battle Tower. Adding Masuda’s opinion on challenging post-game content to the mix leaves me skeptical about us getting even DP’s Battle Tower.

On a less doom-and-gloom note, we aren’t even sure ILCA will be able to program a rudimentary Battle Facility. That’s actually a more realistic reason for the Battle Tower’s potential exclusion than anything I’ve said prior. At the very most, I don’t expect it to work like previous Battle Towers should we get it in BDSP at all.
They didn’t exactly “copy/paste” it, though. The trainers are all different, the music is different, and there are several other aspects that were changed. The fact that they can’t “copy/paste” something doesn’t mean it can’t happen.

They didn’t exactly “copy/paste” it, though. The trainers are all different, the music is different, and there are several other aspects that were changed. The fact that they can’t “copy/paste” something doesn’t mean it can’t happen.
I’ll give you the music, but didn’t ORAS reuse Kalos trainer designs and classes even when certain trainer classes had Hoenn designs and equivalent classes already?

I thought it was already known that Nintendo/Game Freak/the dudes in charge don't want to make difficult post game content so I don't see why they would bring back the Sinnoh BF. Even though these games aren't being made by Game Freak I don't think that the recent core principles will change so I don't think they'll add a facility that will be tough for younger players.

Though if there is a Battle Tower/Frontier, it definitely should work like SwSh’s, with the whole ranking system thing.

Don't see it return and frankly I don't want it to return either. Or well, I would want it back so people who want it back can stop complaining but I personally don't need it.

I would want the characters from the Battle Frontier repurposed but that's a fleeting dream. (Cause they did name Lucy in ORAS but did otherwise nothing with it and I think it'd be changing too much to be on the more faithful remake side. Other than Palmer since, well, he's Barry's dead and he owns a Cresselia so you could do something with the Darkrai stuff.)

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom