• ME's brain went on vacation last week, so he forgot to upload an episode of Snowy's LP. He didn't forget this week. Watch the new episodehere.
  • Do you use Discord? Do you like catching Pokémon? Have you heard of Elaria? If you answered yes to the first two, you should give it a go! Professor Tilia is always looking for new people to help fill her Living Dex!

It just so happens she is hosting an event right now, where you could even get your own Pokémon form added into the game! Details can be found over in the Elaria discord server, right here
  • All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • What happened to the Pokemon GO section?

Hey all! We wanted to let everyone know that the Pokemon GO section has officially been merged into the Pokemon Video Games section. You can find more information in this thread.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Battle FrontierTrial Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This thread may be used for people to test out idea systems that have been developed for the Battle Frontier. I will keep a running list with links to the first post for different areas being tested.

The Battle Pike

Reaction score
The Battle Pike

Basic Rules:
*Trainers enter the Battle Pike with 3 Pokémon from their party
-Pokémon may carry an item but this must be declared beforehand
-Pokémon must have a declared Ability (- This is due to use of potential crippling moves like Skill Swap and Gastro Acid)
*Trainers may choose between the Lv.50 Challenge and the Free Level Challenge
-Lv.50 Challenge will have all Pokémon’s levels adjusted to Lv. 50
-Free Level Challenge will have all of the Battle Pike Pokémon’s level adjusted to the highest Lv. Entry Pokémon
-Pokémon’s movepool and evolution stage will NOT be adjusted to these levels!​
*One run-through of the Battle Pike will consist of 7 halls and 7 rooms
-In each hall, the trainer has the choice out of three doors behind which a surprise awaits for them that will be RNG’d by the Frontier Brain.
-Trainers are required to overcome the obstacle set in each room
-In each hall stands a maid who will give the trainer a hint on what may lie behind one of the doors.​
*If the trainer manages to pass through all 7 rooms, they’ll have completed 1 Set.
-Trainers may collect their prize and challenge the Battle Pike again to complete another Set.​
*In the 28th and 70th room, the Frontier Brain will be waiting to challenge the trainer to a battle.
-The trainer’s Pokémon will be healed shortly before the battle
-Winning against the Frontier Brain will earn the trainer extra Battle Points and a Medal​
*If a trainer’s party faints before they reach the end of a run-through, they will have lost and be required to return to the start
-A total of 1 Set will be removed from their current streak, requiring them to make another run-through of the Battle Pike just to return to where they left off. (Or is this meant only when you lose against the Frontier Brain?)

Rooms: (I added percentages but this in no way means they should be strictly adhered. It’s just to give an idea and a start.)
Room Category #1: A Trainer Battle
-15% A trainer challenges you with a single Pokémon
-9% Two trainers challenge you to a double battle
-6% A tough trainer challenges you to a full 3-on-3 battle. 50% chance that he/she completely heals all of your Pokémon if you win.​
Room Category #2: Healing
-10% A nurse completely heals 1 of your Pokémon
-6% A nurse completely heals 2 of your Pokémon
-4% A nurse completely heals all of your Pokémon. 50% Chance that the nurse challenges you to a 3-on-3 battle afterwards. (This last one is a lot like the tough trainer from the Battle Room. I’m not sure which way you’d prefer it. Heal before or after or just keep both like this?)
Room Category #3: Wild Pokémon Encounter
-15% One of the Frontier Brain’s Pokémon surprises you and uses a status move (Hypnosis, Heal Bell, Skill Swap, etc.) on one of your Pokémon. Has 30% chance of challenging you to a battle afterwards.
-9% One of the Frontier Brain’s Pokémon surprises you and uses a status move (Hypnosis, Heal Bell, Skill Swap, etc.) on two of your Pokémon. Has 30% chance of challenging you to a battle afterwards.
-6% One of the Frontier Brain’s Pokémon surprises you and uses a status move (Hypnosis, Heal Bell, Skill Swap, etc.) on all of your Pokémon. Has 30% chance of challenging you to a battle afterwards.
-The Room is filled with multiple lower leveled Pokémon that the challenger has to surpass in some manner.
Room Category #4: An NPC
- 14% An NPC asks you a question. Answer correctly to safely travel through the room. Answer incorrectly to engage in a 3-on-3 battle.
- 6% An NPC greets you. You can pass along with no effect happening​

Battling Rules:
*Trainers are allowed to use their full 3-Pokémon party for every battle.
*Safe for the wild Pokémon, all Pokémon will have their level adjusted to the set level
-Wild Pokémon will have their level at or below the set level​
*Movepools and evolution stages will not be adjusted to the set level
*Safe for the tough trainer and the Frontier Brain’s Pokémon, no opponent will have access to Egg, MT or TM moves
*Safe for when facing the Frontier Brain, all battles will be conducted under sped up conditions (x2 damage?)
*You are not allowed to use items except for those held by your Pokémon at the start of the Pike Challenge
*All other rules for FB Trainer Battles still apply

Healing Items:
I have nothing to add here as I’m not sure how you want to go about items. This aspect is more suitable for the Battle Pyramid. Unless you had a different idea for the Pike?

Prizes:
*If a challenger manages to complete a set, they will earn 3 Battle Points.
*If a challenger manages to defeat the Frontier Brain, they will earn an additional 7 Battle Points on top of the 3 they earn for completing a set.
*In addition, they will earn the Silver and Gold Pike Medal for completing the 28th and 70th room respectively.

Reaction score
Stark stood in front of the newest attraction in Fizzy Bubbles. Or at least what was hoped to be one of the newest attractions. It was an honor to be a part of this experiment and the trainer in the red coat wasn't about to waste the opportunity. Not only that, but it also gave him a chance to work with a few pokemon he hadn't spent much time with recently. Choosing his team was a difficult process. He could only bring three pokemon with him and while it would have been nice to bring some of his more inexperienced members with him for the experience, it made more sense to bring stronger pokemon to really test the Battle Pike to its limits. Therefore the trainer decided to use some of his strongest members. The trainer pulled three pokeballs from his belt and tossed them into the air. A trio of bright lights flashed as a beam of light shot forth releasing the contents into a Floatzel, a Grovyle, and a Blaziken. The trainer smiled at his partners and said, "Hey guys! I know it's been a while, but I've got a little challenge for us. Something new and unique that no one else has tried yet. So let's see if we can make this work. Whattya say?"

Each of the pokemon responded in their own ways at the trainer's request. Blaziken silently nodded adding a softly spoken "Ken." Grovyle enthusiastically shouted "Vyle!" as he stood up on his hind legs and clenched his talon-like hands into fists. Floatzel on the other hand seemed a little more interested in seeing where he was than actually listening to his trainer. It was nothing new to Stark. Flaotzel had always been a bit of a problem pokemon. Sure he had gotten better over time, but there was still a bit of mischief in the sea otter that if Stark wasn't careful would rear its head at inopportune times.

"Alright then, let's go!" Stark said leading the way into the Battle Pike. Now that he had his team ready to roll all he had to do was get through the registration process and they could begin.

OOC: I will do the Free Level Challenge so we can test the limits easier than if I brought lower leveled pokemon with me. I will not bring items or use any items while in the Battle Pike to give us a good baseline to work with. My pokemon and their info is below.

I have already noticed that we should have an entry hall for a starting point for this so we can skip the walking into the Battle Pike and essentially doing two opening posts. I would have written one in, but I thought I would let you set the details of what you want the entry lounge to be like.

"Tarka" Floatzel

Current Level: 100
Type: Water
Ability: Swift Swim - When Rain Dance is in effect, Buizel's speed is doubled
Nature: Naughty
Obtained: Excelsior
FB Birthday: November 30
Pokeball: Pokéball
Current Location: Party
Item Holding:
Evolutionary Chain: Buizel -26-> Floatzel
Beauty Points: 10
Contest Stats:Beauty- 20 | Cool- 20 | Cute- 20 | Smart- 20 | Tough- 20
IQ: 2
Level Up Moves: Sonic Boom | Ice Fang | Sonicboom | Growl | Water Sport | Quick Attack | Water Gun | Pursuit | Swift | Aqua Jet | Crunch | Agility | Whirlpool | Razor Wind | Aqua Tail
TM/HM Moves: Blizzard | Brick Break | Brine | Ice Beam | Iron Tail | Rain Dance | Rock Smash | Scald | Strength | Surf | Water Pulse | Waterfall
Egg Moves: Aqua Ring | Baton Pass | Fury Cutter | Headbutt | Mud Slap | Odor Sleuth | Slash
Move Tutor Moves: Avalanche | Dive | Ice Punch
Advanced Moves:

Grovyle

Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow - When Grovyle's HP get low, his Grass power increases
Nature: Mild
Obtained: Starter Egg FB Birthday
FB Birthday: March 4
Pokeball: Pokéball
Item Holding:
Evolutionary Chain: Treecko -16-> Grovyle -36-> Sceptile
Item Holding:
Contest Stats: Beauty- 30 | Cool- 30 | Cute- 30 | Smart- 30 | Tough- 30
IQ: 3
Level Up Moves: Pound | Leer | Absorb | Quick Attack | Fury Cutter | Pursuit | Screech | Leaf Blade | Agility | Slam | Detect | False Swipe | Leaf Storm
TM/HM Moves: Cut | Energy Ball | Giga Drain | Rock Smash | Strength | X-Scissor
Egg Moves: Crunch | Double Kick | Dragonbreath | Endeavor | Grasswhistle | Leech Seed | Magical Leaf | Synthesis
Move Tutor Moves: Drain Punch | Seed Bomb | Swift | Thunderpunch
Advanced Moves:

"Blaze" Blaziken

Type: Fire/Fighting
Ability: Blaze - When Blaziken's HP get low, it's Fire type power increases
Nature: Brave
Obtained: Adoption Center
FB Birthday: August 6
Pokeball: Fighting Ball
Item Holding:
Evolutionary Chain: Torchic -16-> Combusken -36-> Blaziken
Contest Stats: Beauty- 40 | Cool- 40 | Cute- 40 | Smart- 40 | Tough- 40
IQ: 3
Level Up Moves: Fire Punch | Hi Jump Kick | Scratch | Growl | Focus Energy | Ember | Double Kick | Peck | Sand Attack | Bulk Up | Fire Spin | Quick Attack | Blaze Kick | Slash | Mirror Move | Flamethrower | Brave Bird | Sky Uppercut | Flare Blitz
TM/HM Moves: Aerial Ace | Cut | Earthquake | Flash Cannon | Rock Smash | Strength
Egg Moves: Agility | Baton Pass | Counter | Night Slash | Reversal | Rock Slide
Move Tutor Moves: Attract | Bounce | Heat Wave | Low Kick | Magic Coat | Superpower | Swift | Thunderpunch | Vacuum Wave
Advanced Moves:
*Crossfire (Fire) - Much Similar to the move Cross Chop, but with an added fiery bonus, when used the user's arms engulf in flames, when hit the opponent takes the same damage as Cross Chop and has a 10% Chance of being burned, the user if not a fire type takes small damage from the move for every second it's used and also has a 10% chance of being burned.
Contest Effect: + 2 Points if user is last to appeal
Appeal Points **
Jam Points *

Last edited:
Fizzy Bubble Elite
Reaction score
(OoC: So I will be bunnying you a bit throughout this part so we can get to the challenge itself. Feel free to RP this section with character details or point out anything we should be cautious for in the future. I’ll interrupt the writing at times if something noteworthy pops up that needs possible addressing.)

Standing in front of an unimposing building, you note what was most likely to be Fizzy Bubbles’ newest attraction; the Battle Pike. The construction on the outside was still shoddy and in dire need of a lick of paint. Various coloured plates and screws revealed themselves at exposed corners, held up by wooden beams. The rather shapeless building gives little appeal and recognition but a sign outside stating ‘Battle Pike Construction Area’ helps you in identifying the location. That, and the directions given to you in your invitation were unmistakable. The instructions were clear that you were allowed to only bring three Pokémon with you and so you decide to call each of them out. A Blaziken, Grovyle and Floatzel materialize from their Pokéballs, each responding in a way as different as their typing. It was not an odd choice to bring one of each of the three starting types to test the facility and the three you brought with you were long trusted allies that could hold their own if needed. Only the water-type might give you some trouble but you’re well aware of your Pokémon’s potential mischief that you keep a cautious eye on him.

You explain the basis of the challenge lying ahead of them before leading the way into the Battle Pike. The large entry hall was unimposing to say the least. Both walls to either side were exposed, revealing plumbing and electrical wires. Construction workers were still busy assembling the plates and installing the various coloured lights. Most likely, the entry hall would be built to reflect the owner’s personal taste in the matter. Whatever that would be. (OoC: It would make some sense if the Frontier Brain could choose the lay-out of their Entrance Hall, though it should somewhat reflect the Facility) For now, a few wooden boards were laid down in front of you with a single sawdust-covered red carpet rolled out. At the other side were the two entry gates behind which the Battle Pike challenge would be held. Two bulletin boards hung above stating ‘Lv.50 Entry, Challenger: None’ and ‘Free Level Entry, Challenger: None’. You opt for the right gate where the receptionist greets you with a warm smile.

“Welcome to the Battle Pike sir. This is the Free Level Challenge. May I see your Invitation/VS Recorder/Battle Card/Trainer Card?" (OoC: So are players going to have some sort of registration pass on which to record their data? I just realized this might also come in handy later if we want some sort of electronic device that warns the player of which status afflictions may have been inflicted as well as overall status of the entry Pokémon.)
You show her yor invitation to partake in the trial runs. She gently nabs it from your hand and scans the code that was etched at the bottom. “I assume those will be your entry Pokémon?” she asks as she nods to your Blaziken, Grovyle and Floatzel. (OoC: Will Pokémon be outside their Pokéballs the entire time. I had assumed not, though it could work.) "You may give your Pokémon an item before proceeding if you wish. After that though, all other items will be confiscated as they are forbidden." She waves her finger at your backpack. (OoC: I gave a 'last chance to add held items' clause here. Should we keep it?)
After choosing your Pokémon's held items, you forfeit the rest of your belongings for safekeeping behind the desk. The receptionist types some information into the computer and the bulletin board above the gate flashes on to cast a light across the room. The attention of all the construction workers in the room was now focussed on it. The information now stating ‘Free Level Entry, Challenger: Stark’. Below the info was your Trainer Card photo as well the pictures of your three entry Pokémon and their various battle statistics. ‘Facility Wins: 0’.

The receptionist rips up your entry pass and discards it to prevent further use. “Your profile has been made and uploaded,” she continues in a calm voice. “Your challenge is recorded.” The electric gates swing open to welcome you into the next room. “If you have any questions about which door to choose, my colleague in the next room will gladly help you out. Good luck,” she beams at you with a smile. You pass the gates and through an open door before arriving in the first hall. The door behind you swings shut and clicks, indicating that it was locking you in the facility with no other way to go but forward.

The first hall was decidedly more cleaned up than the entrance. An intricately woven carpet was laid across the square room with lamps at regular intervals casting their light. Opposite you are three white polished doors in a row, each carved with the number 1, 2 or 3 in it and painted with kitsch gold. A uniformed lady stands cross-armed in the centre of the room. “Welcome sir,” she says, “to the first hall. May I help you?”

(OoC: So how do you want to go about the hints? Do we have the challenger ask for one hint for a specific door or will the updator simply decide for which door a hint will be given? We could also go for one hint per door but that seems a little much. All doors will obviously be RNG'd before the hint is given.)

Last edited:
E

enchantress

Another of Stark's projects, please let me know if you'd like this taken further or if you're happy to keep it on hold for now.

Fizzy Bubble Elite
Reaction score
I wasn't the one to initiate this project, MZ was but he's gone. Personally, I'd love to see this project come to fruition and I'll more than gladly help out in any way I can. If in any way possible I'd like to continue working on this. I have some vague ideas on how to work the other Frontier Games and the rules that need to be set up as well. If any other member wants to help out they're free to do so. Might be quicker that way and I could at the very least use a member for a second opinion on things.

Reaction score
I'm not gone. I just don't think an entire Battle Frontier from the ground up is doable. One step and one facility at a time sure, I'm still looking forward to see it happen, but I don't believe that an entire Frontier is ready to rise in the current state of affairs. Hence why I stepped away from the project when I felt the aspirations became too big.

Fizzy Bubble Elite
Reaction score
I'm not gone. I just don't think an entire Battle Frontier from the ground up is doable. One step and one facility at a time sure, I'm still looking forward to see it happen, but I don't believe that an entire Frontier is ready to rise in the current state of affairs. Hence why I stepped away from the project when I felt the aspirations became too big.
Sorry I meant that I thought you were on a temporary hiatus. One facility at a time, definitely. The Battle Pike is all set for a trial run, leaving others to be prepared to be next. Most of the generic rules can be copy-pasted for the other facilities and won't be too hard to set up once we have the first out of our way. Hardest will be to get the workforce required to keep this up.

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
It was shaping up to be another ordinary day at Keith's Secret Base. Many Pokémon were hanging around- a dark grey Scolipede with piercing red eyes was wandering aimlessly around outside, a Seviper was duking it out with a Drapion, a Heatmor was breaking up an argument that had broken out between a Smeargle and a Carnivine, and the Trainer himself, Keith Masters, was seated on his couch, watching TV. He'd been training his Pokémon a lot in previous days, so he figured they all could use a little relaxation time. He was eating a bowl of potato chips, and seated beside him was a Trubbish, who was eating the bag the potato chips came in. A bored-looking Meowth also sat on the couch, occasionally swiping some potato chips from the bowl.

And then, just as the episode of The Simpsons they were watching went to commercial, Keith heard the sound of flapping wings behind him. He shifted the bowl of potato chips over to Meowth's lap, and sure enough, the female Unfezant who had just flown into the house dropped a pile of envelopes into Keith's own lap. "Thanks, Batrach," Keith said to his Unfezant- Batrach had, ever since her Pidove stage, made it her responsibility to carry all mail to and from the Secret Base. It was something she was remarkably good at, even in the Pidove stage (in spite of how horrible her memory used to be in that stage).

"Unfez, unfez!" Batrach cawed happily, before flying off into another room. Keith, in response, started going through the envelopes he had just gotten, shaking his head.

"Bill... Bill... Junk mail... You may have won a million Rare Candies... Bill... Yeah, this is a load of Tauros shit, I know for a fact my insurance isn't due for another month... hello, what's this?" he murmured, reaching an envelope that simply bore the recipient's name. It had an air of mystery to it, and Keith had to admit, he was intrigued. Opening the envelope, he extracted several objects- a map-like piece of paper, a small book, and a letter. Keith read through the letter, his eyes widening as he did so, a grin creeping up his face.

"OK, I"ll bite- wat is dat?" Meowth asked.

"Well, seems I've been asked to help them try out the Battle Pike," Keith replied, reading through the letter. "It's a battle facility from Hoenn's Battle Frontier, and it seems the idea's being borrowed for Fizzytopia's Battle Frontier as well."

"Trub?" Ariana murmured, intrigued.

"I didn't know da Fizzytopia region had a Battle Frontier," Meowth remarked.

"It's not open to the general public yet," Keith replied. "They're still working on the faclities, fine-tuning the rules, working out all the kinks. Last I heard, Stark of the Elite 4 was helping with this..."

"Wat da hell is happenin' anyways?" Meowth demanded. "Elite 4 members is disappearin' left and right! First Will, now Stark?"

Keith nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty freaky," he agreed. "But you know what? I think I'm gonna do this. Meowth, feel like holding down the fort here?"

"Yeah, sure," Meowth nodded. "Wat Pokémon are ya gonna take wit youse?"

Keith thought about this, not answering just yet, as he perused the Frontier Map and Pike Guidebook that had come enclosed with the letter.

~~~

"Ah, there it is," Keith grinned, the giant Seviper-shaped building coming into view. "The Battle Pike! Everyone ready?"

The three Pokémon accompanied Keith all voiced their agreement simultaneously- Gemini and Mustard, Keith's trusty Weezing; Nagini, Keith's Arbok; and Norbert, Keith's Haxorus. All three of them (four, including Mustard, the Weezing's second head) were just as ready to tackle the Battle Pike's challenge as their Trainer was.

Once they were inside, the registration process was a breeze. Keith had withdrawn his Arbok and Haxorus, leaving only his Weezing outside their Poké Ball at the moment. The receptionist scanned the barcode Keith had gotten in the envelope- his one-time pass for entry into the Battle Pike.

"Alright, Mr. Masters, you're all set to go," the receptionist confirmed. "Free level challenge, you'll be using your Weezing, Arbok, and Haxorus, all level 100... no held items?" she prompted him.

Keith shook his head. "No held items," he confirmed.

"Alright, then, everything looks to be in order," she nodded, gesturing to the doorway behind her. At that moment, the gates swung open, allowing passage through said doorway. Keith exchanged looks with the Weezing by his side, then led the way through the doorway.

OOC: Let me know if anything about my post needs changing. The Pokémon I'm using here are as follows;

Gemini & Mustard
Species: Weezing (
)
Level: 100
Type: Poison
Attacks: Poison Gas, Tackle, Rock Tomb, Shock Wave, Smog, Psybeam, Self-Destruct, Sludge, Blizzard, Smokescreen, Haze, Explosion, Destiny Bond, Memento, Screech, Sweet Scent, Clear Smog, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Psywave, Gyro Ball, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Double Hit, Flash, Hyper Beam, Dark Pulse, Bide, Uproar, Zap Cannon, Hidden Power (Ground).
Evolution;
>lv. 35>

Nature: Serious
Ability: Levitate
Happiness Points: 10
Cute stat: 20
Beauty stat: 20
Tough stat: 20
Smart stat: 20
Cool stat: 20
IQ: 2
Obtained: Fiery Path (Starter Pokemon)
Birthday: November 16th
Bio (Gemini):
Gemini has been with Keith since the very beginning of his training career, and has stood (well, hovered) by his side through all sorts of adventure. Initially a mischievous prankster, he has since mellowed out and become a bit more serious. He still possesses a sense of humor, of course, he just knows when the right time for humor is. Ever since developing his telepathic powers, he has enjoyed the ability to communicate with Keith, and will often give him advice when he is in need of it. Patient and forgiving, he is a huge help in overseeing many of the smaller, younger Pokémon on the team, and is also tolerant of the erratic and rapid personality shifts of his love interest, Vanth the Spiritomb.

Bio (Mustard):
Mustard came into existence when Gemini evolved into Weezing. As the Weezing's second head, he naturally doesn't see a lot of the spotlight, but usually doesn't mind this. Initially, he was even willing to share the name Gemini with the larger head, but eventually, he came to realize he wanted more of a sense of identity, which led to Keith dubbing him Mustard. Younger and slightly less mature than Gemini, Mustard isn't quite as tactful as his older brother, and will often tell things as they are, even if a more tactful approach would be preferable. He also, for some reason, has a taste for Iapapa Berries, which Gemini doesn't particularly enjoy.​

Nagini
Species: Arbok (
)
Type: Poison
Attacks: Wrap, Leer, Dig, Poison Sting, Rock Slide, Bite, Glare, Bubble Beam, Screech, Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Stockpile, Swallow, Spit Up, Acid Spray, Mud Bomb, Gastro Acid, Haze, Coil, Gunk Shot, Poison Tail, Dragon Pulse, Aqua Tail, Strength, Crunch, Venoshock, Scary Face, Dragon Tail, Poison Fang, Hidden Power (Grass), Double-Edge, Fissure.
Evolution;
>lv. 22>

Nature: Gentle
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness Points: 10
Cute stat: 30
Beauty stat: 30
Tough stat: 30
Smart stat: 30
Cool stat: 30
IQ: 4
Obtained: Secret Lab
Birthday: August 19th
Bio:
Nagini was caught by Keith in a laboratory where Ekans were experimented upon, taught moves they couldn't normally know. In her youth, she was as predatory and vicious as one would expect an Ekans to be, but over the years, a surprisingly gentle and nurturing side emerged, to the point where she doesn't even hunt anymore. She won't say no to meat, of course, she just won't have any part in the killing process. Between her gentleness and her experience, Nagini became a mother figure to the team, and is looked up to by nearly all her teammates. Don't let all this fool you, though- anyone fool enough to antagonize anyone Nagini cares about will be met with her full and considerable wrath. Just because she doesn't put her intimidation tactics to use so much anymore doesn't mean she can't. Secretly, Nagini is a little lonely, and hopes to one day find a mate.​

Norbert
Species: Haxorus (
)
Type: Dragon
Attacks: Scratch, Strength, Cut, Hone Claws, Outrage, Leer, Assurance, Dragon Rage, Dual Chop, Scary Face, Slash, False Swipe, Draco Meteor, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance, Taunt, Dragon Pulse, Swords Dance, Guillotine, Surf, Giga Impact, Poison Jab, Aqua Tail, Rock Smash, Hidden Power (Fighting), Razor Wind, Earthquake.
Evolution:
>Lv. 38>
>Lv. 48>

Nature: Naughty
Ability: Mold Breaker
Happiness Points: 0
Cute stat: 30
Beauty stat: 30
Tough stat: 30
Smart stat: 30
Cool stat: 30
IQ: 4
Obtained: Cable Club
Birthday: August 21st
Bio:
Norbert, despite his huge and intimidating appearance, is more or less a cuddly teddy bear at heart. Warm, friendly, and cheerful- at least, as long as he's not hunting. When he pursues prey, he practically turns into a completely different Haxorus, suddenly becoming cunning, vicious, and sadistic. It's somewhat unnerving for those who first meet him to see him become his usual warm and friendly self again right after maiming and devouring a Raticate, complete with blood dripping from his tusks, but those who know him well know that this side of him is no mere facade- he really and truly cares about those he considers friends. He'd only ever secretly plot against anyone who has seriously wronged him, and thus far, nobody's done that to him.​

Fizzy Bubble Elite
Reaction score
(Thanks for taking over the role of beta-tester MM! If there are any questions, feel free to ask. If you have suggestion or anything of the sort, simply add them in red to your post as an ‘out-of-context’ message as I have done before. Best of luck, and I hope you’ll enjoy your Battle Pike run-through.)

There it stood. The, what was soon supposed to be, Fizzytopia’s very own Battle Pike. Construction seemed close to finished, giving an appearance of a frightening Seviper that was ready to swallow its visitors. Inside, the lay-out showed something else entirely. While the floor was now laid with tiles, a clean red carpet covering most of them as you make your way to reception, the walls and ceiling were far from finished and lacked every sign of sophistication. The very lounge itself was still relying on the construction lights for illumination. A foreman by one of the walls was shouting at few of his employees. Something about the plating being irregular. A quick glance reveals strange open patches in the wall, proving his point.

The receptionist at the counter remained as professional as ever though. “Welcome sir,” she says with a warm smile. “You must be Keith Masters. May I see your invitation?”

Having read the rulebook, you knew the procedure. You handed in the letter with barcode, quickly explained that the three Pokémon with you; Gemini (&Mustang), Nagini and Norbert, were to be the entrants, that you opted for a Free Level Challenge and were not bringing any items with you. The receptionist was both astonished and delighted at how little she seemed to have to explain to you, though she does frown a little when deciding on how to enter your Weezing’s name.

Eventually, a large monitor suspended above you lights up and reveals your newest Battle Profile. ‘Free Level Entry, Challenger: Keith Masters. Facility Wins: 0’ Four pictures were shown as well; your Trainer ID photo and one each of your Weezing, Arbok and Haxorus. You can see why the receptionist had a little trouble with your entry. Your Weezing’s name was now officially noted as Gemini&Mustard, written as if it were one name in its entirety.

“Best of luck sir,” she says just before pressing a button. The electric gates in front of you swing open smoothly, inviting you into the bowels of the Seviper.

-----

“Hello sir,” you hear a soft, British voice speak to you. A slender, red-haired lady was standing in the middle of the room, awaiting your arrival. She was wearing, what appeared to be, a standard-issue casino uniform, complete with soft red vest and black tie. She gives a short bow when you enter. “My name is Rose and I will be your first Battle Pike Host for the day.”

The room was shaped like a simple box. There were no windows. Instead, the room had to rely on the wall lamps that were crewed in at regular intervals. Red carpet was laid out to every corner of the room where it connected to plastered walls which were painted with fluid, abstract art. Red and pink were the main colours used in this room. The only obstruction in the walls were the three doors opposite you, standing out like a sore thumb. White doors covered with the numbers one, two and three in kitsch gold.

“Since this is your first time here,” Rose continues. “I’ll be providing you with a more generic hint that describes your situation for all three doors.” She closes her eyes and ponders for a while. (After this room I’ll be leaving the choice with you on which door to choose from which to receive a hint.)

“One comes with two, two comes with three and three comes with one.”

She opens her eyes and gazes back at you. “I’m sure a hint such as this would be easy for you to decipher. However I have not detailed whether the doors hold something crippling, benign or beneficial. The choice I have presented you is thus: Are you the type to place safe bets or are you a high roller?”

She leaves the question open for you to answer.

“By the way sir, all Pokémon must be outside their Pokéball at all times unless knocked out. The Battle Pike pits you and your team against the environment in both favourable and unfavourable odds. Pokémon are thus required to be outside their Pokéball in order to face these environments.” She shows signs of concern rather than threat as she finishes. “Refusal to comply with our rules will result in termination of your challenge.” (If there are status effect to be inflicted it makes more sense for your Pokémon to be outside their Pokéball when they’re to be attacked. This rule will most likely carry over to other battle facilities if/when they’re set up.)

What do you do?

Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
(Glad to help! :) I'm sure I'll enjoy this.)

Registration went off without a hitch, though Keith couldn't help but notice the receptionist struggling a bit with his Weezing's entry. Once his information appeared on the large billboard up on the wall, Keith had a shrewd feeling he knew what this was about- his Weezing's names were entered as "Gemini&Mustard"- all one word. "Ahh," Keith murmured. Mustard sweatdropped, meanwhile, as it occurred to him that he was kinda the reason why there was that slight holdup with the registration process.

Shrugging this off, Keith led the way in through the doorway, and they found themselves in another room, a simple, box-shaped room, with no windows, but plenty of lamps mounted on the wall to provide adequate lighting. The room's coloring was primarily red and pink- possibly to give the impression of being in a Seviper's mouth? The outside of the building gave off enough of a Seviperesque feel, it only made sense that the inside would be decorated to match. Or maybe the coloring was just chosen because it looked cool. Well, whichever the case, Keith was now focused on the lady who was in the room with him- she introduced herself as Rose, stating that she would be their first Battle Pike Host for the day. Keith then noticed the doors behind Rose- three white doors, standing out among the red and pink color scheme of the room like a trio of Togekiss in a flock of Spearow.

Rose spoke up at that point- as it was Keith's first time, she'd give him a generic hint for the whole set of doors, and was it ever generic- "One comes with two, two comes with three, and three comes with one".

Keith pondered the hint, as well as Rose's additional words- true enough, she did not specify the nature of what lay beyond any of the doors, whether it was something detrimental, something beneficial, or something in between. She asked if Keith was the type to place safe bets or if he was a high roller.

Mustard couldn't help it- he gave a chuckle at the thought of Keith placing safe bets. Indeed, Keith couldn't help but chuckle as well, and he knew that if Meowth was there, he'd be rolling on the floor, laughing his tail off. Keith did try to play things smart whenever feasible, but one doesn't kill a tryannical legendary Pokémon by playing it safe and not taking some considerable gambles, among other things. But before they could think on this any further, Rose added another point- Battle Pike rules required all participating Pokémon to be outside their Poké Balls at all times, unless they were knocked out. "Oh," Keith murmured. "Sorry, I didn't see that in the rules," he murmured sheepishly. As he spoke, he took the pair of occupied Poké Balls off his belt and held them out. In twin flashes of light, Nagini the Arbok and Norbert the Haxorus reappeared. (Just a small thing- perhaps it should be specified whether the rooms and doorways are big enough to accommodate larger Pokémon. It's easy enough to imagine doors and rooms large enough to accommodate a Weezing, Arbok, and Haxorus, but what if someone was to enter with stuff like Steelix, or Gyarados, or even Wailord?)

Keith was quick to bring Nagini and Norbert up to speed on the challenge, as well as the cryptic clue he was given in regards to the doors. True enough, Keith seemed to lean more towards being a high roller, but whether he was or not wasn't all too relevant- he knew of the various things that might await him in the rooms to come, both the good and the bad, and knew that they could come in what could be interpreted as ones, twos, or threes. Single battles, double battles, three-on-three battles... stuff happening to one, two, or all three of his Pokémon, both good and bad... At last, after some thought, Keith came to a decision.

"Three comes with one, you say?" he said. "Well, if it's something good, then we won't be missing out on much, since they're all at full health anyways. And if it's something not so good, then one is the number you'd want it to come in, I suppose, if that makes sense... Alright, I've decided," he declared. "Door number three, please," he said.

Fizzy Bubble Elite
Reaction score
(Couple things:
#1 Stark and I had agreed that the Battle Facilities are, in terms of aesthetics and appearance, free to be chosen by the Battle Frontier/updater. In this case, we went straight with Seviper building and I have laid out the inner decoration for now but these are free to be remastered by the new owner. The same goes for the people I place inside such as Battle Pike Host Rose. It’s not that there was anything wrong up to now but I felt the need to point this out. Also for anyone else who might be reading this.
#2 Good point on Pokémon size. From here on out I’ll describe the rooms and doors more appropriately to account for larger Pokémon. I think Tyranitars and Steelix are the biggest ones we’d have to account for. If we’re going to play realistically in terms of size, we’d have to play realistically in terms of Wailords being out of water so I’ll neglect them for now. Still, it’s something to consider. Might have to figure out a way instead for wild Pokémon to pop out and give random status afflictions to Pokémon inside Pokéballs (like they do in the games). Any personal thought on this?)

Both you and your Weezing’s smaller head can’t help but chuckle at the prospect of you taking a safe road. After all, casino rules are generally laid out so that you can’t win grand prizes without playing for high stakes. The same might definitely count for a place such as the Battle Pike. You quickly pull out your Arbok and Haxorus to join in on the teaser that was just given, not wanting to be disqualified from the Battle Pike Challenge this early on after all.

Still, you rationalise your decision. This early on, it would make little sense to try and take a high reward as it would be all for naught if your Pokémon had full health anyway. The safe option was the best option at this point and you make your choice loud and clear.

Your Host in the centre of the room tries to hold back a smug smile upon hearing your answer. “Very well sir,” she says in her British accent. “Door number three it is.” You hear a clicking noise and she wavers for you to walk on. The white door gives a slight creak when it opens as if predicting a bad omen and through it you see the same red carpet flowing out into a hallway.

Once through the door however, you quickly find yourself against a wall. The hallway bends to the right almost instantly. Most likely because there was a lack of space due to room number two. The hallway extends for a bit, lit by the very same lamps you saw in the room before, before bending back left. Once you turn the corner, the first thing you notice is how the red carpet ends. Laid about before you is a clear open space of white marble, only thrice as thick as the hallway and almost twice as long. On the other end you see another white door. No gold number adorned this one though. There was nothing else here though. You and your Pokémon were the only ones inside, kept company by only the lamps that by now you realised were lit by candles as some of them flickered. You make your way to the other side, looking around to see if you missed this “one” that was supposedly here.

Nothing comes however. You make your way to the white door and try to push it open with the gold handle. It doesn’t budge though and immediately afterwards you notice the lock in place. How were you supposed to get further?

Your answer is quickly given by a familiar voice behind you. The British voice has some small trouble containing its joy. “My superiors might give me trouble for this.” You look behind to find Rose standing behind you, on the other side of the marble room.

“While I should have given you a better hint, the opportunity was too good to slip up. Three is one? Those were most definitely the best odds and I was hoping you’d take advantage of that,” seemingly insinuating she was manipulating you. “I’m terribly sorry for this and I hope you can understand. If it helps in any way, there was no good option. All your choices were poor at best.” (To be clear; I was not actually manipulating your choice in any way. I just found a way to incorporate this as part of the story. I think it’s best if I go with allowing the challenger to choose which door to receive a hint for immdeiately rather than a generic hint. That was my mistake.)

She gives a short apologetic bow. “Three is one, a one-on-one battle,” she explains. "In this facility, one-on-one battles are to be issued by the Hosts.” She takes a more assertive stance against you, almost ready to attack. “My name is Battle Pike Host Rose and I’ll be your first obstacle in the Battle Pike Challenge. Single battle. One Pokémon as opponent.”

She throws out an ever familiar Pokéball. The recognisable click, pop and red light end up revealing a Clefairy opposite you, striking a cute and innocent pose.

“Now, prepare yourself Mr. Masters. Choose your champion and make your first move.”

What do you do?

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
As Keith made his decision known to Rose, she tried to hold back a smug smile. As she acknowledged his choice, door number three clicked open. Keith stepped towards the door as it slowly creaked open- the creaking, something about it gave Keith a feeling of unease. Almost as though it was a bad omen. Keith stepped on through...

...and found himself up against a wall. The hallway was turning to the right almost immediately. "Wow," Keith murmured. "The room behind door number two must be huge." Undeterred, he carefully made his way down the hallway, his Weezing floating by his side, his Arbok slithering along behind him, and his mighty Haxorus bringing up the rear. The hallway was illuminated by the very same lamps which lit up the previous room. And then, Keith noticed the hallway turning back to the left. He followed the twisting, turning corridor, until he came to another room, a clear open space composed of white marble, with a door at the opposite end, not numbered. He approached the door, seeing nothing else in the room... but the door wouldn't open. Its gold handle didn't budge the door one inch. "Huh," Keith murmured, frowning slightly. "Did... did we miss something?"

"Chaaaa..." Nagini hissed thoughtfully, glancing around the room.

"Hax... Haxor!" Norbert exclaimed suddenly. This exclamation got Keith's attention, and he wheeled around to see none other than Rose on the opposite end of the marble room, mentioning something about her superiors giving her trouble for... something. She went on to elaborate, stating that while she ought to have given a better hint, she couldn't resist. "Three is one", she agreed, made for the best possible odds in the situation. She had been hoping for Keith to think along those very lines, and she apologized for doing so, adding that for whatever it was worth, there were no good options this time around. (Understood.)

"So... this was pretty much the lesser of three evils, then?" Keith said.

Rose confirmed the meaning of the "three is one" portion of the hint- this room was for conducting a one-on-one battle. And the battle would be against none other than her- in the Battle Pike, it was the Hosts who took on the challengers in the one-on-one Pokémon fights. The rules were simple enough- one Pokémon to each side. Keith looked on as Rose threw a Poké Ball, sending out a small pink creature not especially familiar to Keith. He had probably seen one at some point in the past, but he didn't know the species. To that end, he extracted from his pocket a purple Pokédex and held it out as the cover flipped open, which would reveal to Rose the Koffing Smog Yellow skull and crossbones design on the Pokédex's cover.

"Clefairy, the Fairy Pokémon, and the evolved form of Cleffa," Keith's Pokédex said. "Clefairy is an immensely rare Pokémon with many admirers due to its cute, almost magical, appearance. It has a very strong affinity for the full moon, and is easier to spot on the night of a full moon, when it is said they will gather in great numbers and dance in the moonlight. Originally thought to be a Normal-type, recent research confirms Clefairy as a Fairy-type Pokémon."

"A Fairy-type, huh?" Keith murmured. He'd been hearing more and more about that mysterious new type researchers were talking about. He'd seen the Spritzee in the Friend Safari, he saw the Carbink his friend Jake had caught, and some of his Pokémon had even started to learn Fairy-type attacks. James, his Vileplume, knew how to use Moonblast; Sirius, his Mightyena, knew Play Rough; and Helena, his Shuppet and older sister, had learned Dazzling Gleam, as just a few examples. But now he was up against a Fairy-type for the first time. Nevertheless, Keith grinned- one of the first things he learned about the Fairy type was one of its weaknesses- Fairy-types were weak to Poison.

Nagini slithered up next to Keith, giving him an eager, hopeful look. "Chaaa?" she hissed hopefully.

Keith returned his Arbok's look with an approving grin. "Go get it, Nagini," he said.

"Chaaaaaaaboka!" Nagini hissed, slithering forward until she stood between Keith and Rose's Clefairy. Her hood was as wide open as possible, her fierce markings clearly visible with the intent to Intimidate the opposition.

Keith grinned- Nagini was one of his oldest and strongest partners, and he relished an opportunity to battle alongside the Arbok. "Alright, Nagini, let's power up with Coil," he stated. "Then go for a Gunk Shot, and squeeze it with your Wrap attack!"

Fizzy Bubble Elite
Reaction score
(Quick notes again:
1) You’re allowed to use your entire party for each battle just like in the games. You’re not defeated until your entire party is KO’d. So for eg if the Clefairy manages to KO your Arbok, you can just send out your Weezing. Feel free to switch at any point in a match as well. I’ve made this run a bit easier because it’s run #1 for you. Made a small mistake on Pokémon choice as well – oops. If it turns out to be TOO easy we’ll change this clause in the future.
2) I’m not a certified FB Battle Ref so I’m kinda just trying to wing it here. Also, all battles are under 2x energy and damage for quicker battles. Stat ups will still be counted as percentage increases so they remain unaffected. If something feels wrong feel free to point that out.)

You choice was easy as it was made for you by your own Pokémon. Nagini hisses and asks for the honours of battling first. You give her a confident grin as you order to go for the attack. Rose, on the other side of the marble room, is looking less than happy.

“The female. Of course.” She gives a soft scowl.

Nagini slithers up closer and halfway the field, flares her hood to show off her Intimidating pattern.

“CLEFF!” It works as the Clefairy inches back, trying to find some cover or solace from her trainer. Nagini makes use of the situation quickly as she has more than enough time to get in a first move. Coiled like a real snake, the Arbok’s thick figure tightens, proving her species was just one long muscle attached to a spine. Her body feels somewhat stronger and relaxed, as if every fibre was somehow more in sync with her attacks.

“Clefairy! Use Cosmic Power to defend yourself.” Rose had issued her orders as well but the Clefairy was more delayed than your Arbok. Nagini was already slithering in closer as she started choking on her own venom. The Clefairy raises her arms into the sky as if beseeching Arceus himself to help her. Just when the build-up of venom becomes too much, Nagini releases a pressurised volley of vomit.

Alas, just then the heavens send their reply back to the Clefairy who receives their Cosmic Power just in time. She doesn’t manage to get out of the way though and the Gunk Shot has full effect as it drenches the poor Fairy-type. As a master of Luck and Poison, you’ve trained your Pokémon well enough. While your Arbok may feel a little winded from such a large attack, the Clefairy was poisoned from it. A far worse fate.

Still, the battle isn’t over yet and while Nagini needs a bit of a recovering time from the attack, Rose switches to the offensive. “Clefairy, use Stored Power.”

The Clefairy glows a golden colour as it uses her newly-gained Cosmic Power for an attack. Nagini attempts to moe to the side to dodge, preparing the last of her orders as well. She’s too close and not fast enough. The psychic waves from the Clefairy’s inner Stored Power burst into the scene and strike nagini for a super-effective blow. Still, it is but a mere scratch in the grand scheme of things and Nagini rapidly strikes forwards and Wraps herself around the Clefairy to restrict her movement. The Clefairy's Cute Charm would have kicked in had you chosen a Male Pokémon. Perhaps there was a chance Nagini saw through that trick and volunteered to battle? Who knows. Either way, she was clearly a good choice for this match as she had the Fairy-type in the palm of her hands. Or base of her tail if you will.

Rose looks a bit worried about the ongoing events as both her and your Battle Pass detail the current stats of the Pokémon. (Let’s add that all members receive a Battle Pass that records their Battle Frontier data as well as Current Status of Pokémon and Progression. Makes it easier on the Trainer. You’ve received yours at reception.)

Nagini the Arbok:
72% Health
54% energy
+1Attack +1Defence +1Accuracy

Clefairy:
8% Health
82% energy
-1 Attack +1Defence +1Sp.Defence
Poisoned

“Clefairy!” Rose continues with her orders. "Give it more Stored Powers. Meteor Mash when you get the opportunity instead.”

What do you do?

Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
(Got it. And I believe I said this before, but I'll say it again- I agree with doubling the damage and energy usage to speed these battles along. Oh, and as far as wild Pokémon somehow inflicting status on Pokémon within their Poké Balls, perhaps the facility could provide special devices that must be fitted to the challenger's Poké Balls, which would allow the balls to take the status moves like Toxic and Will-O-Wisp and transmit them to the Pokémon inside? I dunno, just throwing out ideas here.)

The battle commenced! Keith had complete confidence that Nagini would win this battle, not just because she had the type advantage and the size advantage, but also because he knew that Arbok of his better than anyone. It wasn't for nothing the rest of the team looked up to her as something of a mother figure. Nagini was able to execute a perfect Coil attack, and Rose ordered Clefairy to defend with Cosmic Power. Keith wasn't too familiar with the Cosmic Power move, but he had heard of it- a Psychic move which increased Defense and Special Defense, effectively letting the user take any kind of attack easier than usual. Nevertheless, Nagini was ready nonetheless, and on Keith's command, let fly a powerful Gunk Shot, the most powerful of all Poison-type moves. And it certainly lived up to its hype- Clefairy was not only dealt major damage by the move, but even poisoned as a result!

"Way to go, Nagini!" Keith grinned, as his Weezing and Haxorus started to cheer for the Arbok. Nagini smiled, grateful for their support, but not daring to divert her attention from the battle for even a second. Indeed, aware of the battle though she was, she wasn't in time to evade the move that Clefairy used next- Stored Power. Keith gritted his teeth- he had heard of that move, mostly from Luna, his Swoobat- she didn't actually know the move, none of Keith's Pokémon did, but Luna had a tendency to talk to Keith about the various attacks she wanted to learn, which Keith tended to end up agreeing to teach her. Most of the time, they were rather off-the-wall, unconventional kinds of attacks, such as Psyshock (a special Psychic attack that dealt physical damage), Embargo (a move that prevented the enemy from making use of items), Synchronoise (an extremely strange attack that only worked on enemies that had at least one type in common with the user), and Venom Drench (a move that significantly weakened the stats of a poisoned enemy- Keith had insisted on teaching Luna Toxic along with this one). Her latest fascination was with Stored Power- a Psychic attack that grew more powerful the more the user's stats were boosted. That is to say, any of the user's stats, not just Special Attack. And Clefairy's Cosmic Power boosts definitely fell under that heading, so it came as no surprise to Keith that Nagini was taking significant damage from the super effective move.

In retaliation, Nagini carried out her next orders, and wound her coils tightly around the Fairy-type- her Wrap attack was one of the strongest Keith had ever seen before. He certainly had no envy for those on the business end of Nagini's Wrap. Clefairy struggled, helpless, unable to use Double Slap as ordered... It was then that Keith noticed something on his Pokédex screen- a list of Clefairy's possible Abilities. Among them was Cute Charm, and as he glanced at the Battle Pass that he was handed at the start of his challenge (and was totally not just retconned into existence), something Rose had said at the beginning of the match started to make sense; Clefairy was female, same as Nagini. Of course. That's why Rose was annoyed that Keith had chosen a female Pokémon for the battle- she was hoping for Cute Charm to take effect. Well, Keith could hardly say he blamed her- he wasn't exactly adverse to making full use of his own Pokémon's Abilities. Hell, Kyle, his Heatmor, had Flash Fire, an Ability that came in handy multiple times, all before Keith even caught the Heatmor.

But now was not the time to dwell on that- Keith had a battle to finish! Right now, things were looking very good for him, too- Nagini had Clefairy trapped in her coils, in no danger of triggering Cute Charm, but he had to act fast- Clefairy was ordered to use Stored Power again, and to follow it up with a Meteor Mash. Keith wasn't too worried about that last one, between Nagini's Defense increase and Clefairy's lowered Attack, but the Stored Power was worrying him somewhat. He had to wrap this up and fast.

"Nagini, use Strength to slam Clefairy into the floor," Keith ordered. "If that doesn't finish it, follow up with Poison Tail!"

Fizzy Bubble Elite
Reaction score
With no time to waste you order your next attacks. The Clefairy charges up her Stored Power, delayed by your Arbok’s Wrap attack. Before she can muster enough power, Nagini unfurls her grip and with great Strength twirls her into the marble wall. You hear something break but no crack appears on the wall. The Clefairy drops to the floor, KO’d.

“Ahw,” you hear Rose sigh. “Very well then.” She pulls out her Pokéball once more and retreats the fallen Fairy safely.

Your Battle Pass updates with your Arbok’s new Statistics as well.

Nagini the Arbok:
72% Health
32% energy
+1Attack +1Defence +1Accuracy

“Congratulations sir. You’ve overcome the first room.” Rose gracefully makes her to the other side and surpasses you, procuring a key from her vest pocket. She unlocks the door and steps back to allow you entry. Rose gives you one last bow before leaving. “Good luck on the rest of your challenge."

(For the interest of testing the mechanic as well. Since this is a survival aspect of sorts and your Pokémon are outside their Pokéball I will let them retain their stat boosts for now. I’ll be reffing stat boosts as fading over time. The Poison status btw I will enact as penalty on health while moving similar to the old games. Passing one room or hall counts as one strike so to speak. The only exception being battles that take a while longer. Paralysis, freezing and confusion will slow you down. Pokémon that are put to sleep have to be returned to their Pokéball and can only wake up in battle. I came up with these rules on the fly only a while ago because I think it would add more flavour to the Battle Pike Challenge. If you feel this is too much or completely out of order then feel free to speak up so I can quickly reverse it.)

-----

Once through the door you make your way into another corridor that extends back left where it joins up with two other hallways. To your right lies another white door with gold handle. This one isn’t locked.

-----

Once through here you instantly notice another person waiting for you in the centre of the hall. “Welcome sir.” You note a clear Texan accent. “Well howdy ther pardner,” he perks up when you close the door. The auburn-haired man pulls an imaginary hat to you as a greeting. “Pardon me, I’m sposed to talk all fancy and all. But I rekkon by dem looks of ya that I can skip dem formalities. The name’s Orion. Pleased to meet ya” He gives a confident smile to you and your cowboy hat.

“I see ya made it past the Slot Room. Dis heres the Poker Room. A room for real men like yerself. Dis heres where the real fun begins” A look around shows you that the lay-out was similar to the previous hall but not quite the same. A dark orange carpet was laid out and various orange splotches could be seen on the walls mixed with a few brown. Orion himself was clad in an orange vest to match, rather than a red one like Rose was. The one thing that was the same though where the three white doors behind Orion, each numbered in gold once again with 1, 2 and 3.

“Nah I dun think you need much splaining. Tell me which room yer interested in pardner, and I’ll see if I can help ya out someway.” It’s clear he’s referring to the clue. This time you were to choose which door you’d receive a clue for, allowing your luck to take control of getting a good hint.

What do you do?

Last edited:
Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
(As far as I can tell, the rules seem fair enough.)

"Go, Nagini! Throw Clefairy!" Keith exclaimed.

"Chaaaaaaaa!" Nagini replied, as she quickly unfurled her grip on the Fairy-type. This sent the Clefairy flying into a marble wall with a nasty cracking noise. And sure enough, Clefairy slowly peeled off of the wall and fell to the floor, unconscious.

"Yes!" Keith grinned as Rose withdrew Clefairy. "Nagini, you were great," he added, stroking the Arbok's head as she slithered back over to him. The Arbok gave a soft, contented hiss in response, happy about the outcome of the battle (and the whole head-being-stroked thing, that didn't exactly hurt matters, either).

Meanwhile, Rose made her way to the locked door, producing a key from her vest pocket as she did so. She congratulated Keith on overcoming the first room, and then unlocked the door, stepping back to allow Keith to pass through. Finally, she wished Keith good luck on the rest of his challenge.

"Thanks," Keith smiled as he led the way through the door. Through there was a corridor that led them off to the left. Once the corridor joined up with two others, they led Keith to yet another white door, this one not locked. Taking the cue from this lack of locks, Keith opened the door and proceeded into the next room.

The first thing Keith noticed was the man standing in the middle of the hall. He spoke to Keith with an accent that suggested that he ought to be wearing the same kind of hat as Keith was wearing. He explained that he was technically supposed to speak in a more refined manner, but after seeing Keith, got the feeling that he could skip such formalities. "Yeah, no, I got no problem with that," Keith answered. He couldn't help but grin- he was liking this guy already.

The man- Orion, as he was called- instructed Keith to tell him which room he was interested in, and he'd offer a clue about the room. "Alright, let's see," Keith murmured. "Uh... Well, went through room number three last time, maybe a different one this time... Alright, gimme a hint for room number one," he decided.

Fizzy Bubble Elite
Reaction score
“Room number one ye say?” He smirks and gives you a confident nod. “Why I can tell ya fur certain dat der room is about as empty as the Nevada Desert. Ain’t nobody or Pokémon in der.” He tips his imaginary hat to you once more. His smile betrays him somewhat as it helps you recall your last obstacle from the Red Slot Room. The room in which Rose battled you was technically empty as well. The question is, was this room going to stay empty or was it about to be filled? That was the risk Orion was smiling about.

“Of course,” he continues. “If ya dun like dem odds pardner, ya can always try yer luck with one of dem other two fancy doors.”

What do you do?

Poison-type Trainer
Reaction score
Orion smiled and gave Keith a confident nod. He told him in no uncertain terms that room number one was empty- completely devoid of humans or Pokémon. He gave an odd smile as he said this, and Keith started thinking. Oh, sure, room number one sounded like the obvious choice... and that's exactly what had him worried. He remembered all too well how the previous room had been empty as well- at least, until Rose had followed him into the room and pitted him in battle against her Clefairy. Then again, if that was to be the case here, another battle against one single Pokémon, that could be what awaited him behind door number one. And if that was the case, that didn't seem so bad. Of course, what if it wasn't just those sorts of battles the Battle Pike Hosts had as their duties? Then again, they could have something to do with a good outcome, couldn't they?

In the end, Keith made up his mind- Orion's clue wasn't all that much to go on, but it was better than nothing. He'd be taking a chance in any case, so he figured he might as well go for the room and hope that the clue meant something positive.

"Alright," he nodded. "I'll go with room number one."

Fizzy Bubble Elite
Reaction score
Orion smiles when you make your choice. “Well den, I guess it’d better open up.” You hear another click and the left door behind Orion opens. “Good luck in der,” he tells you before you go through. The hallway bends to the left this time and back right. Immediately after you turn the second corner a white marble room extends before you just like the one before. On the other end was the white door with gold handle.

You make your way across the room, hoping of course that this time the door wasn’t looked, but halfway through, the Texan voice booms behind. “Ya know. I would’ve thought yer battle with Miss Rose would’ve made dis clear.” You turn around to see, indeed, Orion. A Pokéball ready in his hand. “Mano-a-mano battles are given by us hosts. So it’s only natural the room’d be empty till we walk right in. Ya can try all ya like. Dat der door ain’t gonna budge an inch.”

He shakes his head in disappointment. “It’s dam near shame too. One of dem other rooms had one of the daintiest little girls I ever did see. And she would’ve fixed all yer Pokémon right up. No questions asked. But I guess dats how it goes in dis here Battle Pike. Now get ready pardner. I’ll be your opponent in dis here room. Defeat me and I’ll unlock dat door for ya.”

He lassoes his Pokéball between you two and out emerges a Vulpix, instantly taking a battle stance. “Cus I’m a generous man, I’ll let ya choose yer Pokémon second. Shoot, I’ll even let you choose who gets to make the first shot.”

What do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.