• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Battle Maison

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Anyone else love this place? You get BP after every battle now which is a godsend, and it just seems so much more fun than the Battle Tower or Subway.

I've been doing Singles and the Multi-battles (Multi with an AI partner, but with a friend will be fun too and I intend to try it out), and I have to say that I'm really enjoying it - especially in comparison to the Battle Tower/Subway. (I like Multi-battles with the AI partners because they use a lot of the unreleased stuff, so it's good chance to view their 3D models :3)

The AI is still as cheap as ever, and your moves will miss waaaay more than they should while your opponents always seem to land their attacks, even lower accuracy ones like Hypnosis, multiple times in a row.

I love this place too! The only complaint I would have, is that you can't do a Multi Battle Challenge with a Human Player Online. It has to be Wireless for some stupid reason... Game Freak/Nintendo should release an update or patch that allows you to have a Human Multi Battle parter Online, ya know?

I love this place too! The only complaint I would have, is that you can't do a Multi Battle Challenge with a Human Player Online. It has to be Wireless for some stupid reason... Game Freak/Nintendo should release an update or patch that allows you to have a Human Multi Battle parter Online, ya know?
awww i was hoping to multibattle with a friend :/, even more reason for me to move to America
omg i just checked cos i didnt want to beleive it and youre right! you need to use the infrared ><

Last edited:
The Maison is so much better than the battle tower or subway, giving BP after every battle and having a nice variety of battle styles to choose from. The same old hax from the older facilities is alive and well though, so getting to 50 battles to re-challenge the Chatelaines on the super difficulty is hard even with a good team.

I also like how some of the memorable NPCs from the Battle Subway return in XY, like the otaku maid who wants to live a world of anime, comics and games forever.

Too bad there's no inverse battle challenge, that would have been really fun.

I love it too. Only thing that irks me is that some weak, not fully evolved Pokemon are knocking out my IV bred EV trained fully evolved Pokemon with neutral hits lol. Even with super effective moves, a freaking little Flabebe shouldn't OHKO my Salamence, especially one with 31 IVs in Sp. Def. THE AI'S CHEAT I TELL YA!

I love it too. Only thing that irks me is that some weak, not fully evolved Pokemon are knocking out my IV bred EV trained fully evolved Pokemon with neutral hits lol. Even with super effective moves, a freaking little Flabebe shouldn't OHKO my Salamence, especially one with 31 IVs in Sp. Def. THE AI'S CHEAT I TELL YA!
This. Dem protean frogadiers :mad:
I love this place too, it so much easier to save up BP

It's great but it really needs a Battle Factory mode where you can rent random Pokemon.

It's very challenging though, sometimes nothing goes right and I lose the first battle like 3x in a row and then I'll suddenly go on a streak. Longest so far in Super Singles is only 24 though.

I'm a bit out of my game, I lost after 4 battles. |D; But earning BP after every battle is a very welcome change.

So you gain 1 BP after each battle? Thank god, there's nothing more frustrating than losing at the last battle in the Battle Tower/Subway specially in the Super Battles in the Battle Subway.

So you gain 1 BP after each battle? Thank god, there's nothing more frustrating than losing at the last battle in the Battle Tower/Subway specially in the Super Battles in the Battle Subway.

Better, you get one extra point for every 10 battles in your winning streak after each battle, and one more if you're doing the super challenge.

So if you have a 30 win streak on the super challenge, you're getting 5BP after every battle.

I like it. I tried the Double battle format and got 12 wins in a row ( I was attempting to verse the leader in double format ) and I thought it would be after defeating 10 trainers but it wasn't so I got a bit tired of battling over and over without gaining XP for my Pokemon so I just gave up. I'm really liking getting 1 BP after a win though :D.

It is much better and more enjoyable than all the past battle facilities. I love how you can interrupt your battles anytime and pick them back up anytime. Plus BP after every battle is so much better. In the past, the time and effort it took to get even a small amount of BP was ridiculous.

[...] So if you have a 30 win streak on the super challenge, you're getting 5BP after every battle.

Hmmm, good to know that: I only played at the Battle maison for like 5 battles and I went straight to the battle institute, since I only had to win 5 battles to get around 15 BP (and u get some bp's after 5 battles even if u loose some of them).

It's not just the acquisition of BP from every battle, but the fact that you can 'interrupt' at any time and come back where you left off with a completely different team that I like. Of course, it still suffers the Tower's pitfalls of cheating AIs.

I love how the AI uses hidden ability Pokemon now. It gives more diversity, challenge, and makes me feel more justified about using hidden ability mons as well. The ability to do as many battles as you like is a welcome change for me, because you get BP from each battle and if you messed up any orders or item placement you can end it and switch your team around.

I'm still dissapointed about the lack of a battle fronteir, but I feel like we're gonna see it soon.

Why is it that no matter what kind of team I put together I always run into opposing teams that hard counter the team I'm using at that given time? This is the worst that the trainer AI and my luck have ever been. Also, Shauna, stop spamming earthquake with your goodra, it hits my pokemon too.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty fun.

Hiting a pokemon with Toxic( a swalot) while they're using Fly(mine) though.. that was something

It's okay, although I don't battle there a lot. Probably some more later on, it's very cool you get BP after every battle though. But I like the Battle Chateau more, very good place for leveling and gaining money.

Why is it that no matter what kind of team I put together I always run into opposing teams that hard counter the team I'm using at that given time? This is the worst that the trainer AI and my luck have ever been. Also, Shauna, stop spamming earthquake with your goodra, it hits my pokemon too.

I feel that too. The weirdest Pokemon have the weirdest moves (probably not a true example, but an Unfezant with Fire Blast. Something along those lines) to counter mine. Something you wouldn't expect from that Pokemon.
I wouldn't know since those Pokemon I've never used, but I find they tend to have moves that pretty much counter all my Pokemon, even when I have different type coverages and variety.
And their weak/NFE Pokemon seem OP. Like I said before, something like a Staravia killing my IV bred EV trained Salamence with one neutral hit. Sorry I don't care if they're both level 50, that does not happen lol.

Yeah, that seems weird to me too. These Trainers with unevolved Pokémon, even early on in a battle streak, easily pound a massive hit on your Pokémon sometimes. Given though that they are also easily defeatable most of the time.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom