• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Battle of Alola (Wi-Fi Competition)

Reaction score
detail_en_200e0ae6-bd5b-4ca9-8508-ceb361153306.jpg

Battle of Alola
Kicking off a new era of Online Competitions, the Battle of Alola features the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games. Create a team using only the Pokémon found in the Alola region. The battles will be Single Battles, and only three of the six Pokémon in your party will enter each battle. All Pokémon will be set to Lv. 50 for the duration of the battle. Plus, items will not be allowed. Good luck in the Battle of Alola!

Sign-Up Period
Wednesday, December 7, 2016, at 00:00 UTC, through Thursday, December 15, 2016, at 23:59 UTC

Competition Period
Friday, December 16, 2016, at 00:00 UTC, through Sunday, December 18, 2016, at 23:59 UTC
-------------------
Format: Single Battle, 3 out of 6 Pokemon
Rules:
  • Only Pokémon caught or received in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon can be used.
  • Special Pokémon, such as Solgaleo and Lunala, can be used.
  • Ash-Greninja brought over from the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Special Demo Version and Magearna received via the QR Scanner function can be used.
  • Players may use Ash-Greninja and Pokémon with Alola Pokédex numbers 1–204, 206–288, and 293–299; players are allowed to include one special Pokémon in their Battle Team. (Zygarde and Cosmog evolution line not allowed, except for Solgaleo/Lunala)
-------------------
No items so no Z-moves or Mega Evolutions, with no banned Pokemon...should be interesting. What team are you gonna bring?

I think I'll give this a shot, at the very least it gives me a good reason to reset the EVs on my Solgaleo. I don't have many battle ready mons but the ones I do should be able to fit into a reasonable team.

Didn't get to finish breeding my team in time...so instead of Ash-Greninja I just went with Imposter Ditto :p

mimikyu.png

Mimikyu
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 HP
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak​

Play Rough and Shadow Claw for STAB, Shadow Sneak for priority. Swords Dance if I find an appropriate opening (Disguise helps a lot) before I start hitting with +2 double STAB. With legendaries allowed he can get outsped quite a bit so planning is needed when to bring him out.

shiinotic.png

Shiinotic
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp. Atk
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- Spore
- Strength Sap​

With people going full offense I haven't run into Taunt just yet, so Shiinotic's been surprisingly effective. Go with either Spore or Strength Sap depending on the opponent and sneak in a Leech Seed when comfortable, Moonblast to hit them back. This thing managed to wall Garchomp and Tapu Koko while paralyzed :O ...Just keep it away from special attacks or its quad Poison weakness.

bewear.png

Bewear
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
Bewear can shrug off a lot of physical hits thanks to Fluffy and it's been doing well on the battles I bring him. Return and Superpower for STAB and elemental punches for coverage lets it hit pretty hard.

toucannon.png

Toucannon
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Beak Blast
- Brave Bird
- Bullet Seed
Forgive the double Flying STAB, I just went ahead and kept whatever moves he had in. This is my most recent breeding project and I haven't tested it out just yet so maybe I'll try it out tomorrow.

komala.png

Komala
Ability: Comatose
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Sp. Def/6 HP
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
He usually has an Assault Vest equipped so I'm not really sure how tanky he'd be without it. I haven't been using him since Bewear has about the same coverage as Komala and it's bulkier.

ditto.gif

Ditto
Ability: Imposter
EVs: no idea
It's a Ditto I use for breeding. This guy's just for using Imposter on any threats they may have.
I led with Mimikyu on my first battle and I learned how dangerous that is, as Disguise can be busted with a simple U-Turn. I usually bring Mimikyu and Ditto, switching between Shiinotic and Bewear for the third. Bewear takes the lead if it's included but I've had to lead with Mimikyu if Shiinotic is coming so gauging whether to set up or attack right away is key.

Here was my team. I'll even use fancy pictures like you!

solgaleo.png

Solgaleo
Ability: Full Metal Body
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 104 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flame Charge
- Sunsteel Strike
- Crunch
- Earthquake​

Like I said earlier, I brought along Nebby with me. The EVs allow it to survive max Modest Moongiest Beam, Flame Charge to +1 to break Lunala's Shadow Shield, then outspeed max Timid Lunala and KO with Crunch. It also tanks Tapu Koko's T-Bolts very well and KOs with EQ.

ninetales-alolan.png

Ninetales-Alola
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast​

Pretty standard set, handy for outspeeding Garchomp. Didn't really use Calm Mind so that could have been replaced with something better.

muk-alolan.png

Muk-Alola
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 108 Def / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
- Brick Break​

This is a modified version of Wolfe Glick's Muk-A set which I enjoy using. It takes on Tapu Koko particularly well. Stone Edge I just threw on, Crunch may have been better overall although I got some surprise KOs with Stone Edges people didn't see coming.
gyarados-f.png

Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Crunch​

Intimidate is of course handy and can allow for a DD on the switch. Ice Fang to KO Garchomp. Doesn't outspeed max Timid Tapu Koko with just +1 in speed.

sandslash-alolan.png

Sandslash-Alola
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Night Slash​

This worked fairly well - outspeeds Pheromosa in hail.

golisopod.png

Golisopod
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Aqua Jet
- Sucker Punch
- Poison Jab​

Another one of Wolfe Glick's EV spreads. To be honest the reason I Golisopod was because I thought it was really cool, but it came in handy at times. First Impression KOs Greninja.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom