• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Battle of the Champions

Re: War of the Champions!

Steven. Oh God the Steel-types. Oh man.

All I had was a Lv. 100 Sceptile. ;_;

And he's STILL hard to beat even with a good team.

Re: War of the Champions!

Cynthia. She's really strong and the first female champion.

Re: Blue/Gary vs Lance vs Steven vs Wallace vs Cynthia vs Adeku

1. i gotta go with lance, purely for nostalgia. gold and silver were my first pokemon games
2.steven. the emerald team was just plain beast
3. cynthia. garchimp ftw
4. blue, a nice surprise on my first playthrough of yellow
5.wallace.
6.adeku, because i haven't actually faced him yet

Who do you think will win?
Cynthia has an EV trained Garchomp. Duh?

Who do you like better?
I like Adeku, really. He seems to be quite a pretty cool gai. Lance, Steven and Cynthia, while cool in themselves [Citation Needed for Lance] wee pretty cold and distant most of the time. Blue was just a douche.

Who has the best pokemon?
Cynthia probably has the coolest team in Platinum/Black/White, with a Garchomp, Lucario, Togekiss/Wargle, Roserade etc. Steven has a pretty cooll exotic team too.

Adeku is also pretty cool, as he has Shubarugo and Urugamoth, Buffalon and Baibanira, pretty much showing you can be the champion with a hilariously awesome team. (Although it has poor coverage).

Lance's team was just awful in every aspect.

Decide below!
Adeku's a pretty cool gai; he
searches for a Replacement Goldfish to fill a void in his heart after one of his Pokemon died
and doesn't afraid of anything.

Blue. (Not GARY, dammit, they're two different people!!) He has the coolest personality and honestly, I think he was the toughest. Cynthia's got NOTHING on him. She was a pathetic excuse for a challenge. She was the easiest champion to beat IMO.

Cynthia. She was harder to defeat than Lance's three hackedDragonite and Adeku's evil Butterfly Dancing Ulgamoth. Her team is full of extremely strong Pokemon. Seriously, Garchomp and Milotic? She'd easily defeat the other champions because of her team's strength and diversity.

She also has the best design. I mean, she's the only girl. That instantly makes her better. *shot*

I like Wallace the most as his appearance owns the others.

I'm going with Blue/Gary since he's so god damn epic!

Gary Motherfucking Oak :D :D :D

Steven, because he uses Steel-types. I like Steel-types.

Gary Mothufuckin Oak! Cynthia's not a closet pedo, The_Noob,, I can see why you say so, but I don't think so....

Gary takes it!

Am I the only one who's convinced Adeku is Dakim's long-lost twin?
Gary/Blue just barely edges out Steven. I still think making him the Champion was a really cool concept: he's both your first battle and your last.

Oooh, nice thread! Hmm'k...

Who do you think will win?

Steven. I had BIG trouble beating his team when I was going through the Elite Four without studying type disadvantage as a challenge, I couldn't even beat his Metagross with my own level 100 one. o_O

Or Blue, because he'd so challenge Steven before he could heal his pokemon after a long trek through a cave. B]

Who do you like better?

Steven. He annoys me less than the others when I play the games. :p Though I do like Lance, I can't remember a lot about him.

Adeku sounds cool. However, I can't say much since I haven't read up on/played Black & White.

Who has the best pokemon?

Cynthia. Just beat her today, and I really had to concentrate. She has some really impressive pokemon, particularly her Garchomp and Roserade (her Togekiss also caught me off guard).

All I remember about Wallace was... pretty, frilly pokemon? I could be wrong? My Emerald version died on me, so I'll have to go look it up.

Overall!

Blue>Steven(/Wallace?)>Cynthia/Lance

Might edit this post later when I've played Black & White and finally reached Adeku.

Last edited:

After careful recalculations, I've deciced that Cynthia has lost by 1/over9000th to the stalemate between Gary Mofo Oak and Adeku the manliest man to ever man men. Of course, my earlier sentiments on him still remain. Even if he does have a cool backstory, a poncho made from Cthulu's skin, and hair that is nearly as out of control as Cynthia the Pedophile's, he only exists to replace N and Geechisu/Geetis/Goetis/G-Cis/G-6.

Oh, also..

Cynthia. Mainly because I'm afraid she'd rape me if I said Gary Oak, since we all know she's a pedophile (ie; she stalks you through the whole fucking game. Something's up here).

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought this was slightly creepy...

Either way, she's pretty good troll material. Just not as good as Gary/Blue.

I've decided it's Blue, but only after looking at his FRLG/HGSS teams. (His Rhyhorn threw me for a loop in the original games.) I think his TTar trumps Garchomp as the strongest pokemon of a Champion, but barely. (TTar makes for Garchomp to be a problem. Oh, and I know he's not Champion in HGSS, but his team is better than Lance's.)

BLUE MOTHERFUCKING OAK!

In LG/FR his team was hard as hell for me.

Most of Cynthia's team packs EQ, so bye Steven. 'Cept Skarmory, but eh. Most of her pokemon will also outspeed Steven's, so bye.

I like Steven a bit more, but Cynthia still kicks ass.

IMO, Steven. I prefer him .To me, he is the coolest champ for the time being
His team is also awesome and hard to beat.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom