• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Battle of the Champions

I still stand by my opinion that Cynthia is the not just the worst written Champion but the worst written character in Pokemon. Consider this. There are 3 seperate occasions where she sends you on an errand only to show up exactly where you were told to go right after you finish the errand. If you are going there anyway, DO IT YOURSELF DAMNED WOMAN! No other character in a game has made me rage so much.

In another occasion, you are in the Distortion World. Cyrus is rambling on about the world he intends to create. Then Cynthia interrupts him and talks inpirational stuff. You expect the battle to end all battles. The battle that will be remembered for ages to come. The Champion of Sinnoh(technically, you don't know that yet but you can guess easily) vs the Leader of Team Galactic. Right? RIGHT?

NO! She makes you fight instead. What the fuck, woman? This isn't the time to let a kid handle everything. Atleast Steven took part in a double battle with you against Team Magma and Lance helped you out in Mahogony. DAMN!

They are all awesome, but I like Alder the best, because of his design and role in defeating Team Plasma (well, we all know how that turned out, but still). His team still needs time to grow on me though.

I'd say Blue. The idea that your rival ends up becoming the Champion is one of the best concepts the series has ever implemented, even today, and his team is pretty good.
BTW, does anyone else find Alder to look astonishingly like Dakim from Colosseum?

in a fight between all of them, alder would destroy them.:p but my favorite champ is Blue. he's just so badass.

I voted for Alder makes a better pikachu. The picture is awesome. wish she was with garchomp instead of lady Milotic.

I still stand by my opinion that Cynthia is the not just the worst written Champion but the worst written character in Pokemon. Consider this. There are 3 seperate occasions where she sends you on an errand only to show up exactly where you were told to go right after you finish the errand. If you are going there anyway, DO IT YOURSELF DAMNED WOMAN! No other character in a game has made me rage so much.

In another occasion, you are in the Distortion World. Cyrus is rambling on about the world he intends to create. Then Cynthia interrupts him and talks inpirational stuff. You expect the battle to end all battles. The battle that will be remembered for ages to come. The Champion of Sinnoh(technically, you don't know that yet but you can guess easily) vs the Leader of Team Galactic. Right? RIGHT?

NO! She makes you fight instead. What the fuck, woman? This isn't the time to let a kid handle everything. Atleast Steven took part in a double battle with you against Team Magma and Lance helped you out in Mahogony. DAMN!

LOL, and its all so true to. I have nothing agianst her or her battling skills, but what kind of champion is gong to be staring the leader of the villianous team down and then order you to fight him?

My favorite is definitely Steven, based on his particular set of Pokémon and his portrayal within the games and PokéSpe. Alder's appearances throughout B/W are coaxing me to put him into a second place position.

Cynthia or Blue would probably win if they were all to battle, seeing as they both have fairly varied and well-constructed teams.

My favorite is probably Steven, Cynthia IMO was the strongest I've faced yet... but I haven't gotten a chance to battle Alder yet in White. So I really can't comment on his strengths, but I think Cynthia would win out of all of the champions.

Blue, because it's fun trolling him.

Cynthia is winning because of boobs. Just saying.

Steven would be my pick. He's got an excellent team. Although not diverse like Blue or Cynthia, his team covers up pretty much everything. Not diverse, but not completely consisted of steel-types, either. He can battle anyone readily. His pokemon team also represents his character excellently. I don't know much about Adeku... Blue and Cynthia would be tied in second, and Lance and Wallace would be tied in third. I didn't like Wallace with his all-water team since anyone with a strong enough grass-type attack would take him out easily. As for Lance, using three Dragonites felt like cheating :(

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom