• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Battle of the Champions

Re: War of the Champions!

Well my personal favouite is Steven. He is badass. Wallace comes in a close second. He just doesn't suit the champion role as much.

Hah if there were a "War of the Gym Leaders!" thread then Wallace would win hands down :p

Haha lots of Hoenn love here :p

Cynthia followed by Blue mother effing Oak.

Cynthia, by far. She's not just a cool character and a very hot woman. She's also one of two Champions that doesn't has a prevalent Type in her Team, and the only in-game Trainer in the entire series to have 31 IVs on all her Pokémon's Stats. Everyone else's Pokémon, including other Champions, all have 0 IVs. She's easily the best of them all.

Everyone else is just not as cool. GaryBlue was a great surprise back in the days, and has great Team variety due to being a Rival, not to mention being the other one without focus on some Types, but he falls short to Cynthia's greatness and of course, gender. :p Lance is just pathetic, and his original/first Team reeks of repetition. Not as cool a characters as... all others either. Wallace is the second worst, being completely Monotype and only aided by using the single most varied Type out there. I might be biased, but I don't like the flamboyant type too much, and was a step back from Steven.

Steven and Adeku are along the same line. They're both pretty cool characters in design and personality, and though their Teams just fall short in variety when compared with Blue or Cynthia, at least they don't use the same Pokémon three times, or are completely Monotypes. I'm yet to see how Adeku fares, but seems to have the most involvement alongside Cynthia. Perhaps even the same 31 IVs deal. Steven was great in 3rd Gen, though. If only he could be rebattled in Emerald...

Of course, even if Adeku is cool as hell, he can't compare to a cool as hell sexy woman, as is Cynthia. :p

Boy, this is a tough one.

I think I'll go with Adeku. People aren't giving him a fair chance.

Who do you think will win?
Blue
Who do you like better?
Lance
Who has the best pokemon?
Cynthia

This is a hard one, but since I love the Kanto region, I'll go with Blue

I have defeated every Champion in the first try... except Cynthia in Platinum, she´s an amazing trainer, passionate myth researcher and beautifull as dawn :XD: Her team is awesome. One pseudolegendary, one without weaknesses, one incredibly hard-to-find, one that evolves by happiness and two via Shiny stone. Her role in the games is that of a Senior trainer, rather than "allmighty". Definitely, my fave champ.

Second comes Green/Blue with his cool catch phrase and well-rounded team, actually good, but not better than Cynthia. Fave male champion.

The others... well, I don't wanna talk about them :XD:

GARY MOTHA FUCKING OAK

Gary, smelling peoples asses in since the 90s

Blue is the best, his team varies on starter, making a lot of options for the player. Only elite four member to vary on team for something like that.

Blue/Green Motherf***ing Oak.

Cynthia is a close second, even though she is an Uber user.

Last edited:

Woah, first time seeing the Isshu champ. Mind blown.

Anyway, it's between Cynthia and Blue for me. I like Blue a lot more, but his team would be completely murderized by Cynthia's Garchomp alone. Cynthia is an interesting character on top of all that as well, so I'm going with her.

Not hating on Cynthia, but I'm going with Steven.

When was Wallace the champion? Pokemon Emerald?

Lance. Not to hate, but Cynthia is WAY too overrated. Lance is a freaking Dragon tamer. Besides, I fangirl over him in the manga. xD

Erm...count me in as a Cynthia fangirl xD Cool design, great team.

I like all the other champions a lot though.

Steven and Wallace controlled a better Elite Four than the other Champions. Plus they have far better teams. The other
Elite Four members scare me, especially Lucian, Will, Bruno and the first three Elite Four for Unova.

Cynthia. There. Game over, hands down. Cynthia have a GARCHOMP. Garchomp I tell ya. And I think cynthia is pretty strong, and the first female champion! And don't forget, she's pretty the second is steven. his metagross hard to beat.

Cynthia.

I like the design and the mood set when you face her.

Adeku doen't have a mood set, and he looks like he should be Goku's stunt double.

Steven Stone uses Steel-types. That should be enough of a reason to vote for him. Also, Metagross, how could anyone forget that?

This is what my brain just calculated:

Who do you think will win?
Steven>Cynthia=Adeku=Blue>Lance=Wallace

Who do you like better?
Steven=Cynthia>Blue>Adeku>Lance>Wallace

Who has the best Pokémon?
Cynthia>Adeku=Steven>Blue=Lance>Wallace

Then it's either Cynthia or Steven...

OVERALL
Champions: Cynthia>Steven>Adeku=Blue>Lance
Gym Leaders: Wallace

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom