• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Battle of the Performers: Conkeldurr vs. Mr. Mime!

Arc Blader

back to the start
Reaction score
[SIGIMGH]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/1/11/534Conkeldurr.png[/SIGIMGH]VS[SIGIMGH]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/e/ec/122Mr._Mime.png[/SIGIMGH]​
Why these two? Because they're both (arguably) based on performers. Conkeldurr's (possibly) your archetypical carnie strong-man; Mr. Mime's your archetypical, uh, mime. Conkeldurr is one of the best offensive Fighting types; Mr. Mime's one of the best defensive Psychic types. So, which one's the better battler? Which one has the better design? Who would win head-to-head? Which one is weirder-looking? Discuss!

Lady Jynx is also a performer =( and the stunning Meloetta. Ooh maybe another contest for these 2 female performers. Anyway.

Better battler?
I have never used Mr. Mime seriously. It's a good team support maybe. Conkeldurr on the other hand is a powerful physical monster! With Focus Punch it's a force to be reckon with.
My pick Conkeldurr.

Better design?
I don't get the hate on Conkeldurr's design. It looks great to me. But I'm a fan of derpy silly designs such as Mr. Mime.
My pick Mr. Mime.

Would win head-to-head?
Probly Mr. Mime. It has type advantage. And Conkeldurr has horrible speed and special defense. I'm betting on a OHKO from Psychic move.

Weirder-looking?
Mr. Mime. It looks double jointed. What disturbs me most is his fingers. They all have the same sizes.

Better performer is Mr. Mime. Mime is classic.

better battler Conkeldurr
better design Mime
head-to-head Mime
weirder-looking Conkeldurr

I remember Mime beign a killer in my old TCG deck,so Mime.

better battler Conkeldurr
better design Mime
head-to-head Mime
weirder-looking Conkeldurr

I remember Mime beign a killer in my old TCG deck,so Mime.

Conkeldurr is reasonably strong and is able to be a threat. It helps that Conkeldurr gets the invaluable Mach Punch, meaning that he is able to take out anything that may be threatening or has weakened. That's not to disregard Mr. Mime's qualities. It is a decent Baton Passer, as the only one who can avoid the peril of Perish Song, not to mention having a glorious movepool befitting of a Psychic-type.

In a battle between them, I think Mr. Mime will win, although I am not too sure about this. On the one hand, Psychic is bad news for Conkeldurr, but on the other hand, Conkeldurr may survive and finish off Mr. Mime. It's to note that Conkeldurr has Payback, which is already bad news for Mr. Mime since it is faster and may not use Reflect in time. Still, Mr. Mime has Hypnosis, which I am sure will come in handy in any way.

In the end though, both of them have their own merits, but I am going to pick Mr. Mime, based on gut feeling.

Thanks for reading.

Better Battler: Conkeldurr (Payback)
Better Design: Conkeldurr (I like Muppets)
Head-to-Head: Conkeldurr (Again, Payback)
Weirder-Looking: Conkeldurr (Muppet on steroids is what best describes him)

Conkeldurr would be a better performer. Not only is it a clown and a bodybuilder, but if it`s female it could be counted as a bearded lady too! Or goatead lady, whatever.

I've never used Mr.Mime, though it's stats look good, but i personally just think Conkeldurr exceeds Mr.Mime in all of these topics.

which one's the better battler?Conkeldurr anyday.
Which one has the better design?Conkeldurr
Who would win head-to-head? Unless I am wrong, A standard Conkeldurr will survive a Psychic from Mime.And it will Ko with Payback.
Which one is weirder-looking? Mime.

Better battler?
Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr is a physical powerhouse with good abilities and a decent movepool. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Mime is also great, but due to its lacking HP and Defence, it's bound to end in failure.

Better design?
Mr. Mime. I prefer weird looking Pokémon, and a Pokémon based of mime culture is quite creative, don't you think so?

Who would win head to head?
Sadly, Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr learns Payback, and Mr. Mime is naturally faster than Conkeldurr. So Payback will be Mr. Mime's end.

Weirder looking?
Conkeldurr. It looks like a circus freak with a clown nose on steroids.

Conclusion
Mr. Mime wins, thanks to its clever origin.

I really like the idea that you used to compare these two, I never would have connected that..it really makes me appreciate them both a bit more now!

better battler - Mr. Mime if you are judging on the whole battle and not just physical moves.
better design Mime...hate the other design :/
head-to-head Mime
weirder-looking Conkeldurr..not in a good way though. He can still win a catergory. Whatever. My poll vote goes for Mr. Mime.

Oh god... Mr Mime wins it by default for me purely because Conkelderp is the Pokemon that I hate the most... And no, that was not a typo.

Neither, as Conkeldurr is just hideous, and I've never liked the fact it outclassed the much cooler Mienshao and Machamp, and Mr.Mime is creepy, although its Galarian Form is slightly better, but then it evolves into Mr. Rime, who is even worse than Kantonian Mr.Mime.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom