• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Battle of the regional bugs!

I voted for Scolipede, for being actually useful. Design-wise, my favorite is and will probably always be Buttefree.

Each is great in its own way, to me at least. These are actually some of my favorite pokemon overall.

Butterfree was the original butterfly pokemon that we grew up with and loved. I used one in LeafGreen version on my main team, and never regretted it. I also use it in competitive battling for the rare accurate sleep + U-turn combo.

Beedrill is the much tougher and more scary alternative. I used one on my Silver team (because I didn't understand at the time that he was weak, but I grew to love him anyway) and one of the most important characters in my fanfiction story has a Beedrill, so Beedrill and I have ties that run deep :)

...but not as deep as Beautifly and Dustox. My first pokemon game was Sapphire version, and I honestly had no idea which pokemon were good or not. I basically only used 2 pokemon, Beautifly and Swampert for the vast majority of the game, and Wormy (Beautifly) had a mate named Casty (Dustox) that I started to train up at the end as well. Sadly, that game got erased, but Wormy and Casty are still very dear to my heart for being some of my very first pokemon ever.

Leavanny is a cute idea, but I don't have any particular attachment to him since he's new. Same goes for Scolipede minus the cute part. I do really like the design of Whirlipede, though. It's the only cocoon pokemon I would consider not evolving.

Vivilion is new, and seems like a hybrid of Venomoth and Mothim. Not that I mind, because he looks good. I suppose there are only so many variations on a butterfly you can do. I will still consider using him if I play XY version

Scolipede is crazy good both in terms of design and use. I used one on my first Black team and it was really good. Its super fast with a good strong move like Megahorn and then others such as Earthquake, Rock Slide, Poison Jab and Swords Dance. I would use one again in a heartbeat. I also love its design, one of the few Poison-types that I actually really like. It's also pretty neat because its one of the early stage Bugs that kind of goes against all the others, because it's fairly good all the way throughout the game (something which the majority of others aren't, as they tend to struggle in the later parts of the game--imo of course). Plus it's not a moth/butterfly, getting tired of those >_<

I say Leavanny. I used it in my White game and it was really good. I am still using it as a support pokemon. Leavanny puts the opponents pokemon to sleep and then others can finish them off.

I choose Butterfree as it's the only one I've actually used. If it wasn't based on that though Levanny would prolly end up winning but yeh, B-Free.

I really love all Pokemon on that list, so it's awfully hard for me to pick. Aesthetically, it's probably Butterfree, but usefulness goes to Scolipede. I used it in a White playthrough and although it was horribly under-leveled, it won most of its battles.

Brownie points to Dustox though for it being poison, as well as my love for Jessie's in the anime.

Leavanny.
I just LOVE the way they look and their previous evolutions are adorable!! XD

Leavanny, it's actually pretty good, looks pretty cool, and cute. Those weaknesses make it a little hard to use, but it will be worth it at the end. Favourite moveset for it: Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Swords Dance, Shadow Claw

Leavanny is my personal favorite, and I believe it could take down everyone on the list except Scolipede. So Scolipede gets my vote

Scolipede. Butterfree and Beedrill suck, Beautifky and Dustox are clones of them, Leavanny's ok, and we don't know much about Vivilion.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom