• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Battle of the Sun Pokemon: Espeon vs. Sunflora vs. Volcarona

Catspring

shsl music club member
Reaction score
196Espeon_Dream.png
vs.
192Sunflora_Dream.png
vs.
637Volcarona_Dream.png

Why was this chosen as a matchup?
All three of these Pokemon have the species name: The Sun Pokemon.

Which one do you prefer?
Which has a better design?
Which one is more useful?
Which one would win in a battle?
Overall Winner:

As for my answer:

Which one do you prefer?
Espeon, by a long shot. It's my favorite Pokemon.
Espeon, it's adorable. Volcarona is pretty cool, though. I'm not too fond of Sunflora.
Espeon and Volcarona are both pretty useful. Espeon has Magic Bounce and with a few Calm Minds it can OHKO a Dragonite, but Volcarona is extremely powerful and a good sweeper. LOL @ Sunflora for being useless.
Volcarona would beat both Espeon and Sunflora. Espeon would beat Sunflora if it was just the two of them.
Overall Winner:
Espeon~

Which one do you prefer?
Espeon. It's one of my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Espeon. I'm horribly biased towards it. I do like Volcarona's design, though.

Espeon. It's not too hard to evolve Eevee into Espeon, and it hits hard and fast. Larvesta just takes too damn long to evolve, unfortunately, so I don't really have a use for it. And well, Sunflora is pretty bad overall.

Volcarona, since both Espeon and Sunflora are weak to Bug (Sunflora is also weak to Fire, so major fail for Sunflora).

Overall Winner: Espeon

Which one do you prefer?
Espeon. It's one of my all-time favorite Pokemon.

Espeon. I'm horribly biased towards it. I do like Volcarona's design, though.

Espeon. It's not too hard to evolve Eevee into Espeon, and it hits hard and fast. Larvesta just takes too damn long to evolve, unfortunately, so I don't really have a use for it. And well, Sunflora is pretty bad overall.

Volcarona, since both Espeon and Sunflora are weak to Bug (Sunflora is also weak to Fire, so major fail for Sunflora).

Overall Winner: Espeon

Well, technically it is easier to get Volcarona. You get one ready-made at level 70!!

Which one do you prefer?
Espeon. One of my favourite Eeveelutions and a great starter Pokemon for Colosseum.

Espeon. Simple, but sleek and powerful-looking.

Volcarona. I haven't used an Espeon with Magic Bounce yet, but I can't imagine it's quite as useful all-round as the incredibly powerful special sweeper that is Volcarona.

Volcarona. It doesn't have to rely on the things Espeon's Magic Bounce would counter, and once it has used Quiver Dance, only a HP Rock critical could really save Espeon from annihilation. Sunflora... doesn't stand a chance against either Espeon or Volcarona.

Overall Winner:
Espeon, but only just. Volcarona gets major points for proving both bug and fire types can be awesome, but Espeon's Colosseum role, simple and sleek design and excellent DW ability (that I can't wait to use) just barely gives it the edge.

1. Espeon, it's basically an alternative for Alakazam

2. Espeon,it looks majestic

3. Volcarona, thanks to Quiver Dance

4. Volcarona, since both of its competitors are weak to Bug

Overall Winner: Volcarona (it would've been Espeon if not for its shallow movepool, which is a curse for every Eeveelution)

Argh!!!! Why did you have to make me choose between a Grass type, my favorite Psychic type, and one of my favorite Fire types?!?!?!

I'm going with Espeon, since its been one of my favorite Pokemon since Gen II, but Volcarona is a really close second for being awesome. Much as I love Grass types, Sunflora is...not one of my favorites.

Poor Sunflora though, this is really a fight between Espeon and Volcarona... :(

Which one do you prefer?
Volcarona, It's a fire bug type that is win.
Volcarona: It's a Atlas moth with elements of a sun Deity with lots of other bits.
That's Volcarona for me, I proved it's self when I did a Mono bug type run. plus, Fire bug is a nice typing
Volcarona, Espeons weak to bug, and Sunflora gets owned by both of it's types.
Overall Winner:
Volcarona.

Poor Sunflora.

Volcarona easily takes the cake with this. It's an absolute beast and would defeat the others easily.

Which one do you prefer?

Ulgamoth, awesome design.
Eifie is nice, second best eeveelution and Kimawari is awful.

Ulgamoth. Like I said, awesome design is awesome.

Ulgamoth. I use it to hatch the eggs faster and to fly to wherever I need to go on my Black version.

Ulgamoth is easily the strongest.

Overall Winner:

The moth :D

(Seems like the names do not link to the pedia in this subforum, so for those who don't know: Ulgamoth is Volcarona, Eifie is Espeon and Kimawari is Sunflora)

Which one do you prefer?
I prefer Espeon for a few reasons, but it is mostly because of it's ability "Magic Bounce". Ever since it received this it has become a top grade threat in competitive battle and combined with it's speed and special attack just rubs salt into the wound.

Well I would say that both Espeon and Volcarona have the superior designs out of the three. Espeon with it's cute, slender, elegant appearance and Volcarona with it's dazzling, colourful, and intimidating appearance.

Both Espeon and Volcarona are extremely useful and have many great combinations/strategies to play with.

Against each other most likely Volcarona, but Espeon could hold it's own too if it gets rid of Volcarona quickly.

Overall Winner:
I have to go with Espeon because I have always loved this Pokemon, but only really realised this, when it convinced me with "Magic Bounce".

Which one do you prefer?
Espeon. I'm an Eeveelution fan. Sunflora just isn't that great (It's a walking flower), and as much as I like Volcarona, at the end of the day, it's a bug, and I'm scared of and dislike most bugs.
Espeon again, for the above reasons.
Tie between Espeon and Volcarona, but I'd have to go with Espeon. Magic Bounce is quite useful.
SUNFLORA, NOOBS. Nah, not really. Probably Espeon.
Overall Winner:
Espeon

Where's Solrock? D:

Which one do you prefer?
Hm... I guess Espeon. I honestly like Sunflora, but it's a bit overshadowed by Espeon.
Volcarona is kind of a fat bug with funny looking wings. Sunflora are cute and happy looking, but I think Espeon wins again.
Probably Volcarona. It's super powerful and has a great movepool. Although Espeon is also really strong and Sunflora can be useful if used properly. I think people tend to underestimate it just because it evolves from Sunkern. :p
Volcarona. It has a type advantage in both cases.
Overall Winner
Even though Espeon and Volcarona both have two, Espeon wins by a long shot.

I still wish there was more Sunflora love, especially from my own list. :/

It's a hard choice between Espeon and Volcarona, I love them both. Espeon is awesome because of the whole... like a fox/cat, psychic type, graceful Eeveelution. And Volcarona looks like a gigantic fire moths. I love moths... Q__Q I'll have to go with Espeon though, because lol loyality to loving the Eeveelutions and all.

I hate Espeon. Sunflora is just...meh

Volcarona was pretty interesting. Fire/Bug being unique, and it is a deadly beast that you wouldn't want to miss XDD

Even though it's weak I still like Sunflora the most but volcarona is the strongest and most useful.

Even though it's weak I still like Sunflora the most but volcarona is the strongest and most useful.

Oh my god! Somebody voted for Sunflora! I thought this day would never come. *happy tears*

Somone actually choose Sunflora? but she sucks! and they should have given her place to Breloom who is actually usable and awesome instead of a silly flower with a face... out of them Volcarona would win easy but I love Espeon! so hard to choose between those two =( I'll choose Volca since he has less votes

Which one do you prefer? Espeon, it's one of my favorites for many reasons.
Which has a better design? Espeon, by a long shot I believe. Sunflora is not even close to either though.
Which one is more useful? Espeon, it's dreamworld ability is immensely powerful, and it is the only magic bouncer that I would even consider running. Far more useful than what Volcarona brings to the table, though Volcarona is admittedly strong. Sunflora is nearly useless here, sadly.
Which one would win in a battle? Volcarona, in a one vs one with either. Once again, Sunflora stands no chance.

Overall Winner:
Espeon.

Espeon, it is so adorable and mysterious and has Magic Bounce. Volcarona is great, too, but raising Larvesta until level 59 is a pain.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom