• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Battle Revolution now in widescreen?

GoldChaos

Reaction score
It seems Nintendo released a trailer for the N. American version of PBR.

The thing is, it's in a 16:9 widescreen ratio. If I recall, the Japanese version did not have widescreen.

Even an IGN preview of the game at the Media Summit states the game's in widescreen.

It, like most other Wii games, probably display in fullframe on 4:3 TV's but will also fill up a widescreen TV (and giving you more image) if your Wii is hooked up to one.

That's not what I was saying.

True, Wii games will be in Fullscreen if played on 4:3 TVs and Widescreen if played on 16:9 TVs, but only if the support is coded in.

And according to this preview of the Japanese release, where was no proper 16:9 support. And I believe they wouldn't say that without trying to try it out.

All I'm really saying is that I think it's good that Nintendo is a least adding proper widescreen support for the N. American release, and gives hope for another Nintendo Wii title that was released in Japan with no widescreen support.

Please. Is there honestly any need for this?

But I should have seen it coming. First the movies, now they'll release the games in wide for really no good reason...

Guys, forget that..The announcer is back, although it's the guy that does the narration for the anime.

Guys, forget that..The announcer is back, although it's the guy that does the narration for the anime.

That's even worse! Ted Lewis did a wonderful job with Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2. Why in the name of all that is good and holy would they not hire him as the announcer?

That's even worse! Ted Lewis did a wonderful job with Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2. Why in the name of all that is good and holy would they not hire him as the announcer?

Maybe they couldn't? I don't know, I just watched that demo video and the new dude(Ken Gates, is it?) sounded decent to me. I'm pumped for this and hopefully I can get it this summer.

Ooh! I saw it! I saw the Wi-Fi demo for the English Version on youtube. The narrator guy's actually pretty good, except that he's pretty bland compared to Ted Lewis.

He's all like "Wartortle is sent out."

No, duh.

Ooh! I saw it! I saw the Wi-Fi demo for the English Version on youtube. The narrator guy's actually pretty good, except that he's pretty bland compared to Ted Lewis.

He's all like "Wartortle is sent out."

No, duh.

I'm gonna miss the japanese annoucer's voice. "*random japanese*IS DOWN~!!!!!!!!!!!!11" That was the shit.

Whew, that's a relief. We don't need the widescreen war spilling over onto the games, even though the anime thing in general is getting dangerously close with the presence of Ken Gates on it...

Could someone link me to the trailer with Ken Gates being heard? I want to hear for myself...though I doubt he can top Ted Lewis, who was amazing in Stadium.

It's not like the announcer is one set character that MUST be voiced by the same guy each time.

And Ted Lewis wasn't extremely great, one problem he had was mispronounciation of names, like "E-kans".

Whew, that's a relief. We don't need the widescreen war spilling over onto the games, even though the anime thing in general is getting dangerously close with the presence of Ken Gates on it...

Could someone link me to the trailer with Ken Gates being heard? I want to hear for myself...though I doubt he can top Ted Lewis, who was amazing in Stadium.

This might be the one. You'll have to turn up the volume at certain points to hear the announcer's voice over the spokeman.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom