• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Battle Royal

This trumps Triple Battles, Rotation Battles, and Sky Battles, so I'm excited for it. There's an inherent level of trust, deception, and strategy involved that seems exciting.

Can't wait to try it out!

Is this in game though? Or only online?

I think it will be in game, and will be the facility mentioned by the Hiker.

And if I am correct, it means there will be no Frontier/special battles facility. Quadruple Battles will be the special one.

I'm fine with this if it replaces a frontier, it looks far more fun.

I rarely play online, but this does look interesting.

I think the game will have two facilities: the Battle Tower equivalent, and this new one. I do hope it is not online exclusive.

If this is the new facility, then I'm perfectly okay with this! It may not be a Battle Frontier, but this battle mode should be more than enough to make it stand out from the standard Battle Tower clones! Of course, it seems more likely that this is simply an online battle mode. In either case, I'm looking forward to this free-for-all style. A lot of members have wanted this feature for a long time, so I can't complain! :)

Welp, time to go teach all of my Pokémon Earthquake, Surf, Sludge Wave, Discharge, and Lava Plume.
I can't even imagine what the anime will do with this. I hope they treat it better than that one-off Triple Battle in BW.

That's another thing. How will they implement this into the show?
Honestly, I don't think it'd be too hard. They could go the YGO Arc-V route and have people team up to take others down. Otherwise, they just declare attacks and try to knock others out randomly.

This seems really nice. An interesting way of doing things. Things like Earthquake are gonna go nuts in there. I'm a little worried about it being the new facility though, seems like it'd be hell to rack up any sort of streak to gather BP. The AIs would probably take you out first because AIs are dicks like that.

I can already seen some HM04 Spams over this.

I can see already imagine some fun strategies with moves like Wide Guard, Trick Room, Protect, Helping Hand, Me First, After You, Quash, Destiny Bond, and perhaps even entry hazards. Dark Void, like always, will be cancerous though.

Dark Void, like always, will be cancerous though.
"Hey guys, this battle is fun and all, but could you all go to sleep for a sec while my Smeargle sets up a few Quiver Dances? Thanks! ;)"

So one person needs to beat another trainer to win it all?

Now that's strategy.

So one person needs to beat another trainer to win it all?

Now that's strategy.

Each person has three Pokemon though, so it won't be as simple as the video demonstrated, that was just because showing a full battle would take too long.

It's likely the same reason they made it so the first person to lose all their Pokemon causes the battle to end, cos any of the people who are knocked out (be it early) would be bored as heck having to sit about and wait for the battle to end.

How is this regulated what's stopping three people ganging up on you? Especially if it ends with one person blacking out

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom