• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Battle styles?

What's your preferred battle style?

• Offensive- Attack them before they attack you!

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Defensive- Make sure they can't attack you!

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Mixture- Not heavily towards one side or the other...

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really use type advantages to their full potential when I battle. I'm more offensive than defensive but I'm pretty balanced. I rely on speed alot. I usually have to go first for my strategy to work. When I battle I usually lose because I forgot to use items.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
i prefer offence. i come in blazing and fight like theres no tomorrow

I play pretty defensively. Obviously you need some offense to win, even spikes/stealth rock/sandstorm isn't enough to beat somebody...especially in Gen IV, there's way too much power in the offensive moves to wall like you did in Gen II. But I'm still very defensive.

That's what they said until everyone started playiong the obistall team.

Also I defeated five Pokemon in one turn because of spikes.

Offensive. My team has no defense, just full-out attack, special attack and speed.

While I've always preferred Glass Cannons to walls, and thus, the greater part of my team is the former, I'd say I'm mixed, because despite that, I try to play around a lot with immunities and such. There's only one Pokemon on my team that never has at least one immunity, so I tend to gain ground just by predicting the opponent's attacks...

Even with the new stall set, games move much faster than Gen II. By a large margin.

That generation was criticized as being too "stall-ish" with barely anything to stand up to skarmbliss

Mine is look for their weaknesses, then be completely offensive with whatever their weak too.

Me too, straight up mass murder.

Sometimes I'll try weird strategies of when to sub out and stuff with the gym leaders though. Keeps it interesting.

Allround, Respond to the situation.
Dont let anyone on your team die without a reason.
All pokemon on my team should have a goal.
Let it live to fulfill its destiny RAWR!!!

(btw anyone wanna battle?) ^.^

Im usually defensive. im always horribly insecure with a team if there is no sort of recovery available... thats why i always have a rest talker.

Oh, how I love to use offensive attacks. Especially with status changes to cripple the chain of revenge-kills.

I'm pretty much all out offensive team.

All my stat altering moves are attack buffs (swords dance, calm mind etc.)

The exception is my Blissey, which is just a typical special wall Blissey

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom