• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Battle Tower Hax

Tyros

Chain Master - On Break
Reaction score
So, I've just come out of Battle Tower Hax-Death number, like, 5 in the last few days. After all this, I'm beginning to wonder if it's even possible to finish the Battle Tower's 100 fights challenge.

Hax is just so prominent that, at some point in a single fatal fight, it always just clusters on me so that I can't do anything to stop myself from dying because I'm being flinched to death.
Or missing to death from Bright Powder.
Or failing to kill something because it's holding on multiple times from Focus Band.
Or being Fully Paralyzed multiple times in a row down to death...
Frozen to death from the Ice moves...
Multi-haxed down into submission...

So, my question is this... Has anyone out there at all ever made it to the 100 match count? Is it even possible?

Thanks for your answers.

- Tyros

It is possible, and there are quite a few people on Smogon who have done it, but I haven't even come close; I got the gold print in Platinum and called it quits for now. I think if I shoot for 100, I may go back to Diamond, since it's the last trainer card upgrade I need on there.

A lot of people who have done it take advantage of the AI, primarily the fact that the AI doesn't switch, unless they have no moves to hit you with. If you poke around, you can find quite a few strategies that work this way - common ones involve tricking a choice scarf on to the opponents lead, then switching to a powerhouse that can set up - or other methods of screwing over the AI's lead - or yet even other methods of AI abuse, such as Destiny Bond. I haven't bothered getting around to trying this out myself, so I'm just repeating what I've seen/heard.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with the Platinum Battle Tower (gold print was enough), so I am not 100% sure if the AI is still stupid and won't switch unless it absolutely has to. I have noticed switching in the other facilities though. It's especially annoying in the Factory (that place is the bane of my existence), combined with the fact that they enjoy using completely random moves there...

I hear you on the hax though. I really should use the battle recorder for every time I lose a match to bad hax and make a compilation. Some more of my "favorites"...

- < 100% accuracy moves missing EVERY TIME... for you. You can say just use 100% accuracy moves, but this isn't always an option in the Factory. So often, I can't even get past the 7 win streak due to hax and crappy Pokemon. The last time I played, on the last battle (not sure if this was the first or second streak), my rented Magmortar missed with Fire Blast (85%) three times in a row... and then proceeded to die in the process. I was down to my last Pokemon, Tauros. I use Thrash (90%) and it misses twice. Just... wut. The AI didn't even have bright powder/lax incense.

- To add to what you said about freeze hax: One time in the Arcade, I landed on the freeze thing, and of course it froze my Scizor, which would have been the most useful thing I had against the AI's lineup. Eventually it was down to my Scizor and the AI's Lapras. Seriously, my Scizor stayed frozen for EIGHT TURNS while Lapras putzed around, basically taunting me over the fact that I couldn't do anything. I really should have recorded that, but I was too mad, haha.

But some of my least favorite Battle Tower hax? You're missing 1HKO and quick claw hax.

But some of my least favorite Battle Tower hax? You're missing 1HKO and quick claw hax.

Anytime I see a Gliscor, Kingler or Seaking, I FREAK OUT.

The number of times i've been guillotined or horndrilled is unreal for moves with 30% accuracy.

It got so bad i trained an articuno with Mind reader and sheer cold, just to counter them

So, I've just come out of Battle Tower Hax-Death number, like, 5 in the last few days. After all this, I'm beginning to wonder if it's even possible to finish the Battle Tower's 100 fights challenge.

Hax is just so prominent that, at some point in a single fatal fight, it always just clusters on me so that I can't do anything to stop myself from dying because I'm being flinched to death.
Or failing to kill something because it's holding on multiple times from Focus Band.

So, my question is this... Has anyone out there at all ever made it to the 100 match count? Is it even possible?

Thanks for your answers.

- Tyros

This sounds really familiar... Actually, I felt the same when I was battling against the gym leaders in my Pt (I don't really support grinding, so my Pokémon were always at least a few levels lower than the leaders') - they got critical hits unbelievably often. Might be on BF too, though I suck at it, so I can't really tell (ha, I have 3 silver prints and that's all).

This sounds really familiar... Actually, I felt the same when I was battling against the gym leaders in my Pt (I don't really support grinding, so my Pokémon were always at least a few levels lower than the leaders') - they got critical hits unbelievably often. Might be on BF too, though I suck at it, so I can't really tell (ha, I have 3 silver prints and that's all).

I ran into this problem intensely in every gen 3 game. I swear to god, with every kind of status ailment and Fury Swipes, the computer has a bias against the player. It got to the point where I took a sample of how many times my fury swipes would hit each amount. I only did about 100, but my sample definitely did not match the percentages given on Bulbapedia.

In battle tower, I always pack a sturdy pokemon, as well as ariel ace.
My current streak is 138

Battle Tower haxes seem to be the story of my life. They drive me insane! I think the best streak I've ever had was 63 on Diamond. And about switching, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I was playing in Platinum's Tower the other day when my Blastoise was battling an Espeon. My Blastoise used Surf to get Espeon's HP in the reds, and then the AI switched to a Tangrowth.

Thanks for your answers.

- Tyros
100 lvl fight challenge?? Thats easy stuff man. I admit I did lose a few times in A ROW but otherwise it isn't difficult at all. What screws me over is the Pokemon I pick have random ass sets >_>

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom