• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Battle Tree Thread

How do you find the battle tree?

• Completely Unreasonable, couldn't handle normal battles

• Prett Hard, I beat 20 in Normal battles, but super battles are just ridiculous

• Difficult, I'm about halfway through Super, but keep getting walled by something

• Okay, I beat a Super battles contest, but only just

• Easy, I'm well past 90 in my streak

• Well, I beat all 3 Super Battle Types, but that doesn't make it easy.

• This facility was a joke, I've already beaten all 3 super battle types and make high streaks

Results are only viewable after voting.
Does anyone have any tips for beating Super Multi Battles with only one player? I was easily able to complete the other Super categories, but I'd like to try getting the 50 Multi Battle wins without relying on of my friends. For example, what kind of Trainers are good to recruit? My current partner is Anabel who uses Latios and Raikou. It's difficult working together because she keeps lowering her Latios' SpA with Draco Meteor...

By the way, this is the team I used to get around a 80 win streak in Super Double Battles. I only lost because I wasn't paying attention and didn't notice Cynthia's Garchomp was scarfed until it had sweeped through all my Pokémon. Anyway, I can make it past Blue quite consistently with this team, so give it a try if you're stuck. Just don't play during class and get distracted like me c;

Tyranitar @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Sand Stream
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Dragon Dance

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Rock Slide

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 160 Def / 76 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Substitute
- Heavy Slam

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

A fairly straightfoward team. You lead Ttar and Excadrill, If there's a Fighting-type in play, you can deal with it with Excadrill because the CPU will almost always target Ttar and you can easily switch Ttar out into Celesteela or even Tapu Koko to absorb the hit as well. If Ttar isn't threatened, Dragon Dance is one of the best options to allow for an easy clean-up. Blackhole Eclipse is usually a one hit KO on any Pokémon it hits, especially with a boost in Attack.

Excadrill is super fast because of the sand and can deliver very powerful blows. With Protect and Focus Sash it has the chance to stay on the field for quite some time if you play it smart.

Celesteela covers against Ground-types that otherwise destroy this team and is able to stall out a lot Pokémon that are common in the Battle Tree. You can also run Wide Guard as an insurance against Earthquake, drop Substitute for another attack or change Heavy Slam into something like Air Slash or Flamethrower.

Tapu Koko can be used for Water-types that wall the other members. A very powerful Pokémon to round out the team that also serves as a sponge for Will-O-Wisp and blocks pesky sleep-inducing opponents.

At the moment, I've been trying to recruit a certain team of Colress's where he leads with this Rain Dance/Thunder/Light Screen Electrode. If it has Soundproof too then it would be one of the perfect partners for my Primarina.

I haven't advanced beyond eleven in any Super round yet; I'm trying to gather notable partners without letting things become too challenging so I've just been forfeiting after number ten.

Just went to 40 for Super Doubles but I'll be stopping there for now.. I encountered quite a few Hippowdons but they didn't give my Koko Raichu lead as much trouble..
Does anyone have any tips for beating Super Multi Battles with only one player? I was easily able to complete the other Super categories, but I'd like to try getting the 50 Multi Battle wins without relying on of my friends. For example, what kind of Trainers are good to recruit? My current partner is Anabel who uses Latios and Raikou. It's difficult working together because she keeps lowering her Latios' SpA with Draco Meteor..
The best advice for Super Multi is to look for a good partner through either Doubles or Singles that has either a good Mega Pokémon or Legendary Pokémon and use Pokémon help counter their weaknesses and works well with their synergy.. The AI tendencies are really poor compared to real players as they're more "here and now" and don't focus on what they should which makes them difficult partners to work with.. The haxes of the tree make this more difficult as well -gets beat by a Z-Hypnosis Gardevoir with both Milotic and A 23 hp megagross as I'm typing this :v.. I've only gotten to 23 in Super multi in UM though i haven't been focusing on actually trying to get to 50 as much as I've done with doubles.. There's really no "good" advice with how the both the AIs work.. You just need to get really lucky or turn the format into a pseudo doubles format with another human trainer to get to 50 wins.. RNG is too unforgiving..

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom