• Another exciting episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Bayonetta to become a playable DLC guest character in Mortal Kombat 11?

thomaswiencek

Reaction score
What's happening, guys? Do you think that Bayonetta from the Bayonetta video game franchise will become a playable DLC guest character exclusively in the Nintendo Switch version of Mortal Kombat 11, but as part of a Kombat Pack? This is because Nintendo owns parts of content in Bayonetta 2 and 3, the video games that Nintendo published, and that Sega declined to publish and fund. If not, please let me know the reason why not?

prog rocker

Reaction score
Wait, MK is coming back to Nintendo? Hopefully they won't abandon it midway like they did with Injustice for the Wii U.

Tactician Karina

mains Joker's Crow alt
Reaction score
Wait, MK is coming back to Nintendo? Hopefully they won't abandon it midway like they did with Injustice for the Wii U.
Well Mortal Kombat 11 is gonna be on the Switch April 23 (ww) and May 10 (Europe, delayed reasons).

As for the question itself, not sure. I haven't seen talk/speculation about her being in as DLC, except that Shaggy meme though lol.

Chidamari Sketch

Half-demon
Reaction score
I've heard that MK as a franchise is actually very unpopular in Japan, so I heavily doubt that would even happen.

prog rocker

Reaction score
I've heard that MK as a franchise is actually very unpopular in Japan, so I heavily doubt that would even happen.
Isn't that mostly due to the "extreme violence against humans" thing like what happens with God of War?

EDIT: Clarification.

Last edited:

Stratelier

Reaction score
Being a franchise of Western origin certainly doesn't help that, either (compare and contrast Devil May Cry, Soul Calibur, etc.) .

Chidamari Sketch

Half-demon
Reaction score
Isn't that mostly due to the "violence against humans" thing like what happens with God of War?
That's one factor. There's also other reasons ranging from: a perceived lack of authentic mythology/lore, people finding the gameplay and visuals not as complex as other fighters, to a downward spiral in quality after the third installment.