• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BB-62 (Non-Pokémon, war-themed RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aelia

Out of the sky
Reaction score
Funafuti, Ellice Islands
22th of January, 1944

Re: Assignment to USS New Jersey

Welcome to USS New Jersey, sailor!
This ship is one of the finest battleships in the whole U.S. Navy! You should be proud to be accepted on board of this vessel! Now, board the ship, make yourself at home, meet your fellow sailors... And prepare to depart in a few hours! It's gonna be a bumpy ride with all those Japs around!

U.S. Naval Command

You are a sailor assigned to the American battleship USS New Jersey, which is preparing to set sail for the Pacific Ocean and RV with Task Force 58.2 for an attack on the Marshall Islands. It'll be a bumpy ride, and you're bound to come across Japanese planes and ships on the way...

This RP is about the American battleship USS New Jersey, a Iowa class battleship. You are a sailor stationed aboard the New Jersey, which is setting sail for TF58, which is mounting an assault on Marshall Islands. During the journey, anything can happen: Your ship might get damaged, or even sink. However, it's all part of the ride. Prepare yourself for war, sailor.

Note: This RP is mostly historically accurate (Barring random encounters) until the assault on the Marshall Islands.

The rules: Live them, love them, eat them
1. Standard RP rules regarding posting apply: No godmodding, no inappropriate content, try to keep one-liners to a minimum, etc.
2. The GMs (Me, maybe someone else) decide what happens and what doesn't. If the watchman is supposed to spot an enemy ship or plane, we'll PM the person playing the watchman. Same goes for radar. We'll use RNGs to calculate whether a salvo hit or not.
3. Try to keep OOC posts to a minimum. There's a discussion thread for that.
4. No extensive tennising between users (i.e. constant posting between two users). This is annoying for other users and it makes it hard to keep up with business for them. A little bit is okay, but if it starts filling pages then you're going too far.
5. Sub-plots are okay. Just don't make them hijack the entire RP.
6. This is a pretty violent RP, so this is not an RP for pacifists. If you don't like violence, don't join.
7. Romance is allowed, just keep it PG-13.
8. If you read the rules, put the word ''potato'' in your form. Just don't make it too obvious.
9. Always have fun!

The form
Name: What's your name? Try to include a surname.

Nickname: Optional. Does your character have a nickname?

Age: How old is your character? Your age usually translates to your rank too, so if your character is only 18 years old, he can't possibly be a Chief Petty officer, for example.

Gender: The USN didn't accept females on battleships during WWII, but for the RP's sake I will allow them.

I will only accept 3 commisioned officers, but this amount may be lowered or raised depending on the amount of participants, with a maximum of 5. The rest will be enlisted sailors.
EDIT: There's also a rank limit now: Master Chief Petty Officer for Enlisted sailors, and Captain for Commissioned Officers.

Specialization: What is your character's specialization? Think of gunnery, radar, watch duty, etc.

Appearance: What does your character look like? Try to make his/her clothing resemble the USN uniforms.

Personality: Quite self-explanatory. How does your character behave?

History: Where was your character born, why did he join the USN, how did he/she behave as a child, any other details about his life before being assigned to the USS New Jersey?

Other: Any other remarks about your character?

RP Sample: I admit, I am not a real Elite RP guy, but I want you to be able to at least spell and use grammar properly.

Try to keep the Mary Sue garbage to a minimum, kthx. I also want at least a paragraph (3-5 lines) for History, appearance (Does not apply when you have a picture), and personality.

That's everything for now. Now, sign up and have fun!

Also, a last remark: If you don't like the RP idea, tell me in person using the VM system. Don't spam this thread, kthxbai. Also, this is my first RP, so please bear with me and provide constructive criticism if possible. Thanks. I will make my character later, so I can balance stuff out just before we are gonna start.

Characters:

Last edited:
Looks fun!
Name: James McCalley
Nickname: Sharpshooter
Specialization: Bofor 40mm Anti-aircraft guns
Appearance: Has raven-dark hair that is precisely cut to military standards. Wears the standards USN unifrom, and has a smaller body than you'd think, but makes up for it with his brawn.
Personality: A quick-talking, short-tempered, sonofabitch who's only goal is to shoot down Jap planes.
Was born in Oahu, Hawaii, and witnessed the attack on Pearl Harbor first hand when his PT boat was strafed by a passing Zero. His dad died on board the Arizona, and since then, his only goal is to make the enemy pay. As a kid, he POTATO was quiet and a bit stubborn, but now he's stubborn as hell, and is a loudmouthed sonofabitch.
Other: N/A
RP Sample: (I don't join until the later part of the stroy, though)http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=47841&highlight=Zombie+Island

Last edited:
Umm, the Mick-Pawn rank (Nickname for MCPON) just doesn't sit well, in that there are only 12 MCPONs. Even just normal MCPO doesn't sit too well with me, but I'll allow that. Until you have changed that rank, you're not accepted yet. THe rest is pretty good, except for the shortness of it, but I know that making a character can be a daunting task, so I'll accept it.

Last edited:
Opps ment to sign up for this but my internet was bad that day. I'll edit this when I finalize my sign up

Capt. Tyler Mason Reporting for duty SIR!

Name:Charles Knighting
Nickname: None yet
Specialty:Sniper
Appearance:
imgres
without moustache though
Personality:Well it depends on his mood actually he can be angry,heroic or happy at times...he never backs down from a fight most of the time quite alright as he loves shooting people with snipers as it is his favourite part of the job. so he uses his skills prescisly and accuratly for a perfect hit each time.
History:During some part during the war his father was killed by one of the Germans, Charles then swore revenge but as he was to young to join the army he had to wait 3 years (he was 15 when his dad died) so he joined the USN(or whatever) to swear revenge
so when he arrived he really wanted to get into the action but had to wait due to training
Other:N/A
RP Sample:What?

Last edited:
Ya forgot something. Re-read the rules.
And an RP sample is an example of your RPing style. Try to write a piece of text which you have written as if you are replying to an RP. Also, the image isn't working.

Still not working. Could you post a direct link to it?

Gotcha, but it isn't completely adequate yet. I meant the old WWII navy costume. And I would appreciate it if you were to make the personality and history sections about a paragraph long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom