• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BBL: Mentorship Program

Hey, I just made a post about building a Steel Team. I'm new to competitive battling so a possible mentorship from the Steel Gym Leader might do me some good. (And pave the way for me to defeat his Steel with Steel!!! MWAHAHAHAhahha..ha.haa am I typing this?)

Obviously I'd need to wait till he finished with the first person he is mentoring but I'm fine with that. I'll learn what I can in other ways till then!

Hey, I just made a post about building a Steel Team. I'm new to competitive battling so a possible mentorship from the Steel Gym Leader might do me some good. (And pave the way for me to defeat his Steel with Steel!!! MWAHAHAHAhahha..ha.haa am I typing this?)

Obviously I'd need to wait till he finished with the first person he is mentoring but I'm fine with that. I'll learn what I can in other ways till then!

I'll add you to the waiting list, thanks. I'm sure Lunacy'd be happy to answer any questions you might have in the meantime if you drop him a VM or PM. :)

Hello, I just registered here! :D

I'm a long time pokemon fan but I'm a total competitive noob ahah, I'm looking to learn a lot from this community :)
Was hoping I could be assigned to a Mentor.

I do have skype. But will I have to use my mic? It's kinda broken and I'm a bit shy to be honest.

I'm a long time pokemon fan but I'm a total competitive noob ahah, I'm looking to learn a lot from this community :)

I do have skype. But will I have to use my mic? It's kinda broken and I'm a bit shy to be honest.

Sorry, I missed your post somehow! D: I'll add you to the waiting list, this batch of apprentices should be done soon-ish and then we can get you assigned. :)

I'd like a mentor. I played some competitive Pokemon in gen 4, skipped gen 5 and forgot just about everything. I do have skype and a microphone.
I generally prefer more defensive Pokemon and tend to shun the fragile speedsters. I've always played a defensive game in every game I've played, and I prefer to keep it that way when possible.

I'd like a mentor. I played some competitive Pokemon in gen 4, skipped gen 5 and forgot just about everything. I do have skype and a microphone.
I generally prefer more defensive Pokemon and tend to shun the fragile speedsters. I've always played a defensive game in every game I've played, and I prefer to keep it that way when possible.
I'll add you to the wait list, thanks so much for signing up ! :)

Can I be an apprentice? I really want to get into competitive battling. I don't have Skype, and I'm not getting it.

Can I be an apprentice? I really want to get into competitive battling. I don't have Skype, and I'm not getting it.

Thanks for signing up, I'll add you to the wait list :)

I'd like to give this a shot as an apprentice. I'd love to figure out how to get the Pokemon I like so much to a competitive point. And I do have a Skype, with a mic 'n all.

I'd like to give this a shot as an apprentice. I'd love to figure out how to get the Pokemon I like so much to a competitive point. And I do have a Skype, with a mic 'n all.

Thanks for signing up, I'll add you to the wait list. :)

Your mentor will be me, the Dark Elite 4. You won't need Skype, that is a personal requirement for AnybodyAgrees. :)

Your mentor will be sharkshocker, the Psychic Gym Leader.

Your mentor will be BadAssKoala, the Ground Elite 4. :)

All 3 of you will be contacted sometime today about initial team setup. :)

Out of curiosity, how long is the wait, how is it decided who your mentor is, and what rules is it following? (Like, smogen or the pokemon championships rules I mean)

Your mentor is usually the first one available.
The wait is until a mentee has graduated and a mentor becomes available.
The BBL follows standard Smogon OU rules.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom