• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BBL: Mentorship Program

What a great idea. I'd love a mentor! I'm looking to get into competitive battling because it looks like a lot of fun but there's so much information to take in and it's hard to know where to start. :)

What a great idea. I'd love a mentor! I'm looking to get into competitive battling because it looks like a lot of fun but there's so much information to take in and it's hard to know where to start. :)

Thanks for the interest I'll add you to the wait list :)

Could you add me to the waiting list? I'm not very active, but I'm looking to get into EV training a team. I'm a total n00b. I do have Skype, but no microphone.

Last edited:
Could you add me to the waiting list? I'm not very active, but I'm looking to get into EV training a team. I'm a total n00b. I do have Skype, but no microphone.

Thanks for the interest, I'll add you. :)

I'm still sort of warming up to competitive play (though I have experimented with a few tactics), so I would love mentoring, please. :) If necessary, I have a Skype, but I can't call, so we'd be stuck to IM-ing...though, if possible, I'd feel a tad more comfortable not using Skype for the mentoring at all. ^^'

I'm still sort of warming up to competitive play (though I have experimented with a few tactics), so I would love mentoring, please. :) If necessary, I have a Skype, but I can't call, so we'd be stuck to IM-ing...though, if possible, I'd feel a tad more comfortable not using Skype for the mentoring at all. ^^'

I'll add you to the wait list :)

I just started looking into the world of competitive battling yesterday, and have been stumbling on everything. So if its possible, mentoring would be great.

I can use just about any medium for communication, if needed. Skype or here would be best, but I can do anything. Thanks!

I started competitive battle yesterday, and I've been struggling more than I probably should. I'd prefer to be assigned to sharkshocker or BadAssKoala, since they introduced me to this thread.

I have a Skype, and can use any other means of communication needed. Thanks!

I'll put you on the wait list, thanks :)

So I'm a complete doofus mcdungmuffin that has no idea what they are stepping into competitive battle wise and I was suggested to come here sooo yeah. I have a skype so whoever'd help mentor me or whatever all goes into this, we could talk over that if you prefer, or PM s work too.
Thank you, and thanks for reading this.

So I'm a complete doofus mcdungmuffin that has no idea what they are stepping into competitive battle wise and I was suggested to come here sooo yeah. I have a skype so whoever'd help mentor me or whatever all goes into this, we could talk over that if you prefer, or PM s work too.
Thank you, and thanks for reading this.

Thanks for signing up, I'll add you to the waitlist. :)

i would like to apprentice.

having recently returned to pokemon for the first time little over a year ago with black 2 i was bombarded with evs and ivs and all kinds of confusing things that made me go @_@ slowly i started to under stand more then i did when i was first playing these games such as the importance of stats and stat changing moves. and 6th gen made it a whole lot easier to make a team with perfect ivs and evs but my team building skills as you've observed isn't the best so i wish to improve myself.

having recently returned to pokemon for the first time little over a year ago with black 2 i was bombarded with evs and ivs and all kinds of confusing things that made me go @_@ slowly i started to under stand more then i did when i was first playing these games such as the importance of stats and stat changing moves. and 6th gen made it a whole lot easier to make a team with perfect ivs and evs but my team building skills as you've observed isn't the best so i wish to improve myself.

I'll add you to the list :)

i don't see my name on the list though :?

i don't see my name on the list though :?

I totally didn't forget. It's there and certainly has been there for a while. >.> [/blatantlies]

Hello, I would like to put myself on the waiting list as well! I have Skype and definitely wouldn't mind that, but PMs are fine too. I don't even know where to start with competitive battling, it all goes over my head.

Hello, I would like to put myself on the waiting list as well! I have Skype and definitely wouldn't mind that, but PMs are fine too. I don't even know where to start with competitive battling, it all goes over my head.

I'll add you. :)

I would like to be put on the list. I know the basics for training a team, just not how to put one together. Only thing is I don't know how much time I will be able to put into this with my job schedule which changes every week.

I would like to be put on the list. I know the basics for training a team, just not how to put one together. Only thing is I don't know how much time I will be able to put into this with my job schedule which changes every week.

I'll add you :)

Hey, could I be an apprentice? I understand the game mechanics related to battling,(ev training, ivs, ect.) but I just can't seem to win any battles.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom