• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BC's Random Art

Black_Cat320

Lazy lil'kitty
Reaction score
Thought it'd be nice to share the pictures I drew for Inktober, I went by the official Inktober theme list but put a Pokémon twist to it to make it more interesting. This was mostly my way of trying to get back into making art after not doing much of it for years and basically re-learning what I like and don't like, as well as figuring out techniques.

Also apologies for the bad quality of a lot of the pictures, they were taken with my phone :ROFLMAO:

Inktober 1.jpg
Inktober 2.jpg
Inktober 3.jpg
Inktober 4.jpg
Inktober 5.jpg
Inktober 6.jpg
Inktober 7.jpg
Inktober 8.jpg
Inktober 9.jpg
Inktober 10.jpg
Inktober 11.jpg
Inktober 12.jpg
Inktober 13.jpg
Inktober 14.jpg
Inktober 15.jpg
Inktober 16.jpg
Inktober 17.jpg
Inktober 18.jpg
Inktober 19.jpg
Inktober 20.jpg
Inktober 21.jpg
Inktober 22.jpg
Inktober 23.jpg
Inktober 24.jpg
Inktober 25.jpg
Never again will I use hatching for everything
Inktober 26.jpg
This is where I got some alcohol markers to try out, they're fun but hard to use sometimes with only grayscale
Inktober 27.jpg
Inktober 28.jpg
Inktober 29.jpg
Inktober 30.jpg
Inktober 31.jpg

Last edited:
And now that Inktober is over, I decided to continue with something call the "November Art Challenge". It basically works the same way as Inktober and like before, I'm having a Pokémon theme to them.

November 1 (2).jpg
November 2.jpg
November 3.jpg
November 4.jpg

So I finally decided to try my hand at colored alcohol markers! Gotta say, they're a little harder to use than grayscale and I don't always get the colors right, but I'm happy with how things turned out :)

November 24.jpg
November 25.jpg
November 26.jpg

So I had tried and tried to get this one with markers too, but I just couldn't get the colors right so I tried water colors instead! Mind you, water colors are also a medium that I'm still getting used too but I'd say it turned out pretty well ^^

November 27.jpg

Been a little longer than I planned since I last posted any art, but the holidays kicked my butt and my schedule is still all over the place :ROFLMAO: But here are a few things I've done since my last stuff.

So can't say I'm too happy with this one, I wasn't able to get as much color variation as I had wanted with the markers that I had on hand but I was quite happy with the leaves and linework
November 28.jpg

I think this one is the first sketch I've posted. I wanted to color it but I can't decide on a medium
November 29.jpg

Thought I'd try my hand at something more stylized. I like it, but it feels like it's missing something :unsure:
PXL_20221220_034737060~2.jpg

Another stylized attempt, I still think somethings missing but can't tell what. Like how it came out though
PXL_20221224_202049311.jpg

I think this is the first watercolor "landscape" I've tried, I liked the B/W shading for it
PXL_20221225_062546927 (3).jpg

And here's the colored version! I can't decide which I like better
PXL_20230101_224445010.jpg

Ah, the pen master returns, haha. I’ve been a lurker on this thread for a while, but I think that it’s time for some comments! So with that said…

#Oddish
The leaves really come alive here in pen, I think. It feels almost like I can touch them (although I suspect that I’d earn a Stun Spore or something if I tried, haha).

#Yamper
I really like the shiny parts in particular, like the eyes and the tongue and such. They truly look “wet”, and you make it look so effortless here!

#Pokémon Garden
When I first saw the B&W one, I thought that the Jumpluff was actually a giant snowman because the entire thing kind of looked like it was covered in snow, haha. It’s actually kind of interesting if you look at it that way, though, if also kind of nonsensical if you think about it too hard. Ultimately, I’d say that the colored version is best version here!

Ah, the pen master returns, haha. I’ve been a lurker on this thread for a while, but I think that it’s time for some comments! So with that said…

#Oddish
The leaves really come alive here in pen, I think. It feels almost like I can touch them (although I suspect that I’d earn a Stun Spore or something if I tried, haha).

#Yamper
I really like the shiny parts in particular, like the eyes and the tongue and such. They truly look “wet”, and you make it look so effortless here!

#Pokémon Garden
When I first saw the B&W one, I thought that the Jumpluff was actually a giant snowman because the entire thing kind of looked like it was covered in snow, haha. It’s actually kind of interesting if you look at it that way, though, if also kind of nonsensical if you think about it too hard. Ultimately, I’d say that the colored version is best version here!

Thanks so much for the feedback! I always love it when I get some since it helps me learn more about my strengths and weaknesses with art ^^

I'm glad you also like the Oddish leaves and the "wet" parts on Yamper, those were both my favorite parts of those too. When I had done the Goomy painting I found that I really enjoyed figuring out how to make him appear wet and shiny as I always imagined him to be and took what I learned from that and tried to apply it with those. Personally, I think I still need work on making them pop more but it's a start!

Lol I see what you mean about the B/W one, I actually always saw the Jumpluff as looking sad and worried with a Kirby on his head :LOL: When I finally colored it I was hard pressed not to color that bit pink but I held myself back. I do like the colored one best though, but looking at the B/W makes me want to try doing one in all B/W just for that nostalgia look

I don't know how much art I'll be able to work on in the next few weeks since I'll be having and recovering from a surgery soon, so I figured I'd post this while I had the chance.

I figured one of the regional "healer Pokémon" would be fitting since I'll be needing it soon :LOL:
PXL_20230121_013839264.jpg

Oh, I should’ve figured that the surgery would’ve affected things… I hope that it doesn’t affect you too much, and not just the art, obviously! As for this, it’s another fine example of your ability to depict “shine” in your drawings. It makes me want to pick up this Pokémon and feel its leaves (even if, again, that would most certainly end with me on the ground, haha). The only criticism I’ll give is that I typically associate shiny things with relatively flat surfaces, so maybe the (colored pencil?) texture here kind of reduces the illusion a little bit? I don’t know how much that really matters, but that was something that did stick out a little bit for me, to be honest. On the other hand, you could say that it represents what this Pokémon would actually look like in real life, so from that perspective, you could say that it really does the job there. And on its own, it still looks great!

Hopefully we’ll be able to see some more artwork from you sooner than later, haha. I think that I’m really becoming a fan of it…

Oh, I should’ve figured that the surgery would’ve affected things… I hope that it doesn’t affect you too much, and not just the art, obviously! As for this, it’s another fine example of your ability to depict “shine” in your drawings. It makes me want to pick up this Pokémon and feel its leaves (even if, again, that would most certainly end with me on the ground, haha). The only criticism I’ll give is that I typically associate shiny things with relatively flat surfaces, so maybe the (colored pencil?) texture here kind of reduces the illusion a little bit? I don’t know how much that really matters, but that was something that did stick out a little bit for me, to be honest. On the other hand, you could say that it represents what this Pokémon would actually look like in real life, so from that perspective, you could say that it really does the job there. And on its own, it still looks great!

Hopefully we’ll be able to see some more artwork from you sooner than later, haha. I think that I’m really becoming a fan of it…

As always, thanks for the feedback! ^^

I see where you're coming from with the texture, typically when I'm drawing I try to think what kind of texture the Pokémon would have (slimey, matte, hairy, etc.) and roll with that but Comfey if one of those Pokémon that's harder to imagine than others. Like it has flowers so perhaps a plant-like smoothness? Or maybe it has peach fuzz? The hair floof it has kind of throws me off so it's hard to imagine and the official art doesn't help much since they always make stuff look semi-matte :unsure:

But that's why I practice, so maybe next year I'll have it down right :LOL:

I think that this one’s really good here! Your talent with making things “shine” is really useful for water-themed stuff, haha. It’s like it’s just come out of the water! Said water looks pretty great, as well. Especially the color, which is a quite lovely shade of blue that reminds me of the kind of clear, utopia waters I wouldn’t be surprised to see in the Pokémon world.

I’m glad that you’re able to do what you love again relatively quickly after surgery, haha. We’ll all be looking forward to more, but of course, don’t push yourself too hard, okay?

I think that this one’s really good here! Your talent with making things “shine” is really useful for water-themed stuff, haha. It’s like it’s just come out of the water! Said water looks pretty great, as well. Especially the color, which is a quite lovely shade of blue that reminds me of the kind of clear, utopia waters I wouldn’t be surprised to see in the Pokémon world.

I’m glad that you’re able to do what you love again relatively quickly after surgery, haha. We’ll all be looking forward to more, but of course, don’t push yourself too hard, okay?

Thanks as always for the feedback! ^^ And no worries, I'm keeping it to maybe a drawing a day.

I'm glad you think the water came out well! I was quite happy with it and it does seem to fit the water types well, which is great since it's one of my faves! :LOL:

The only thing I'm not happy with is the poor photo quality, my phone camera ain't all that special and there's no natural lighting in my room, so you don't get the crispness and little details I put in :confused_emoji:

Maybe someday I'll upgrade or see if the scanner would work better, though my scanner is also pretty blah lol

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom