• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Beard Battle: Emboar vs Beartic

TLZ the Confirmer

I'm out of Zek macros, OK
Reaction score
184px-500Emboar.png
vs
180px-614Tsunbear.png

...And now we're back to Sugimori art. Well, the matchup is simple. Emboar has a fire beard, Beartic has an icy one. It's that easy.

Who is more useful?
Who's your favorite?
Who would win in a battle? (Honestly, this question anyone could answer...)
Who has the better design?
Who has THE COOLER BEARD!!!???

Beartic looks a bit better than Emboar, and is a stronger in-game sweeper, in my opinion.

Well obviously Beartic has the cooler beard. *crickets*

And also I like his design better and would prefer to use him.

Emboar! One thing I find interesting about the pig is how he can learn a Water move (Scald), and the fact that it is quite powerful in attacking. Of course, Beartic also learns Water moves and is also powerful too, but I am not that interested to polar bears. Still, Beartic has the better beard.

Thanks for reading.

Who is more useful? I haven't tried out the two yet so I can't comment on this
Who's your favorite? Beartic
Who would win in a battle? Emboar, of course
Who has the better design? Emboar looks cool with the orange/yellow/black combination
Who has THE COOLER BEARD!!!??? Emboar

Emboar gets my vote on this one.

Oh, I see what you did there. :-D

i cant be the only person to notice that it looks beartic has a disk saw on his crotch?!?!

Who is more useful? No comment, haven't used one yet.
Who's your favorite? Emboar.
Who would win in a battle? (Honestly, this question anyone could answer...) Emboar. Fire vs Ice, no comment needed.
Who has the better design? Emboar
Who has THE COOLER BEARD!!!??? EMBOAR!!!

Who is more useful? Can't answer this yet because I don't have B/W.
Who's your favorite? Beartic
Who would win in a battle? Emboar duh. :p
Who has the better design? Emboar
Who has THE COOLER BEARD!!!??? Beartic

So... it's a tie, but I like Beartic a little more because I like polar bears & plus, it's an ice type(my favorite type <3). Emboar's kinda growing on me the more I look at it.

Who is more useful? I don't know yet.
Who's your favorite? Emboar.
Who would win in a battle? Emboar.
Who has the better design? Beartic
Who has THE COOLER BEARD!!!??? Emboar.

Who is more useful? I'm training both in my current White game, and both are really useful. They're also a bit similar stat-wise. I'll say Emboar though, because his weaknesses aren't as common as Beartic's.
Who's your favorite? Hard to say, they're my two favorites in my team. I think I'll go with Emboar.
Who would win in a battle? (Honestly, this question anyone could answer...) BEARTIC OF COURSE.
Who has the better design? I'm not exactly a fan of Emboar's design, so I'll go with Beartic. I wish his head was a bit bigger tho.
Who has THE COOLER BEARD!!!??? See the quote below.

:XD2:

On beard alone, my vote would go to Beartic, but overall, Emboar is better, so my vote goes to Emboar.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom